Prove It

Spouse Exchange

 

 

 

Yunho's POV

My back felt stiff and I felt like I had slept on a rock hard surface instead of that couch. I stretched out my limbs and slowly opened my eyes only to close them right back as a really bright light blinded me. I had to cover my eyes and then slowly open them again because the light really stung.

  Once I had fully opened my eyes, I find myself looking up to the clear blue sky, accompanied by couple of fluffy-looking white clouds. Later too did I realize I was lying on grass. Its blades poking me here and there through my t-shirt but it didn’t bother me. With the beautiful scenery up above hovering over me, nothing else mattered.

  I had rested my arms under my head as I continued to look up into the sky. I felt relaxed and almost as if all of the worries on my shoulders had been lifted. I was smiling to myself at how life seemed so carefree at the moment when everything went black. I had thought I passed out and nearly panicked until I heard a giggle.

  “Who is this?” I asked.

  “Guess,” said a voice and a smile crept up to my lips as I recognized it.

  “Min Young-ssi?” I asked with a little hope and her hands lifted themselves off of my eyes to reveal her to me. She had a wide bright smile across her face, really happy to see me.

  “Morning sleepy head,” she said with a giggle and then said, “Race you down the hill?” I cocked an eyebrow at her question and wondered what she meant if she hadn’t suddenly stood up and bolted down the hill. I sat up and she yelled, “Catch me if you can slow poke!!” She then stuck out her tongue and continued to run as I start chasing after her.

  We were like little kids running around the meadow like it was a playground. Min Young was quite a fast runner so it was quite a struggle to catch her. Just as my fingers about touched the soft chiffon material of her sun dress, she would increase her pace, pulled her dress forward and get further out of reach. Once I was getting quite further away and slowly slowed down, she looked over shoulder and stopped when I stopped.

  She came closer and doubled over so she could talk to me at the same level as I had doubled over too to catch my breath. She didn’t seem to have broken a sweat from all of that running and I was the stuntman.

  “What’s wrong? A little out of breath already, Mr Stuntman?” she asked teasingly.

  I looked up to the playful expression she had on and tackled her. She didn’t see it coming as I grabbed her around the waist and started to tickle her senseless. She was laughing the same time she was pleading for me to stop. She tried to get my hands away but her efforts were to no avail.

  I then pulled her close and just held her close. She was still giggling from all of the tickling but soon stopped as she realized what I was doing. “Yunho-ssi, are you okay?” she asked.

  I tightened my arms around her and rested my chin on her shoulder before I said, “I just miss you, that’s all.”

  “Do you love me?” she asked me.

  “Of course I do,” I answered without thinking twice because I knew I really did.

  “Prove it,” she said suddenly and my hold on her loosened.

  I lifted my chin off of her shoulder and turned to her to say, “Eh?”

  She turned her head around so she could face me and gave a light knock on the head before getting out of my grip. She then started running again and turned around to yell at me, “If you love me so, catch me again!! And never let me go!!”

  I smiled at her cunningness and bolt right after her. This time, I was determined to catch her. I wasn’t going to give up even if I was tired and short of breath. She then ran up a hill and waited for me there while making faces to entice me. I increased my speed and caught her with an impact that it caused the both of us to fall and start rolling down the hill together.

  Once we came to a full stop, Min Young was on top of me while I was at the bottom. The both of us were tired but we both burst out in laughter at what had happened. I turned her over so we now lay on our sides and s my arms around her waist, pulling her close so she won’t get away this time. She giggled and curled her arms around my neck and nuzzled our noses together as our foreheads leaned against each other’s.

  “Have I . . . proved my love . . . for you?” I asked in between deep intakes of breath from all of the running and laughing.

  She caressed the back of her left hand against my cheek and answered warmly, “Exceeded it actually.”

  It was my turn to laugh and held her closer so she could rest her head on my arm, while burying her face in the crook of my neck. The hand that caressed my face was held up for me to take it into hers. I lifted up my left hand while the other still lingered around her waist and laced my fingers through hers.

  The feeling was nice as we lie there together, happily in each other’s arms. There was no place I’d be happier at. With the woman of my life in my embrace, life has never been so kind to me. I rested my cheek on her head and looked to our entwined fingers. It was later did I realize on our ring fingers we had worn our rings. Only she wore the blue one which was mine and I wore hers which was the red.

  “Yunho-ssi,” she called out suddenly and I hummed in response. “Aren’t you tired?” she asked me.

  “A little,” I answered.

  “Why don’t you go to sleep,” she suggested but I didn’t want to.

  I told her, “I’m okay. I’m not that tired yet.”

  “Why are you afraid?” she suddenly asked me which completely took me off guard.

  How was it that she knew? I wondered if I had let my guard down and shown it to her but that was impossible. Could she have sensed it? Could she have possibly sensed the fear in me?

  I asked her, “Afraid of what?” I was trying to make her think otherwise. There was no way she could’ve known.

  “That’s why I asked you.” Min Young reasoned and asked me again, “Why are you afraid?”

  I took in a deep breath and pulled her closer, rubbing her back while my grip on her hand tightened. Slowly, I told her, “Because . . . I’m afraid that, when I open my eyes . . . you’ll be gone.”

  All of this was too good to be true. I knew that for a fact and the only reason why was because I was dreaming. I knew, in reality, Min Young was with Si Won, happy and living life according to her wishes and plans. Her life was complete and perfect. There was no way she could be happy with me, or even loved me. She never did and she’ll never will.

  “How are you sure I won’t be here when you open your eyes?” she asked me calmly.

  “I just know it,” I reasoned to her.

  “Yunho-ssi,” she called and I looked down to her who had looked up to me. “I love you,” she said to me and smiled before adding, “What makes you think I’ll leave you?”

  “You did,” I told her. “That was what you did. You left me for Si Won.” I told her sadly.

  “I won’t leave you, Jung Yunho. I love you too much to do so,” she said.

  “Prove it,” I said to her and she smiled at the challenge.

  She tilted my head with her free hand and said, “Close your eyes.”

  “No,” I said and shook my head.

  “Trust me,” she said. She then crawled up and placed a kiss on my forehead before leaning on it with hers and said, “Close your eyes.”

  “I love you, Min Young,” I told her.

  She merely replied, “I know.” As I close my eyes, she said, “I’ll see you soon, Jung Yunho.”

 

 

I suddenly felt my shoulder shaking and soaking wet. I slowly opened my eyes and had to blink a few times to get my vision cleared. I tried to move my body but everything felt heavy as if I had been dipped in led.

  My eyes roamed around the room, trying to figure out where I was and heard the sobbing. Very slowly, after struggling to turn my head to my left where the sobbing came from and found a crying Min Young, gripping my hand intensely. Her tears had soaked my shoulder. Her smiling form looked so different from this. Was I dreaming? I doubt it.

  Ever so slowly and weakly, I lifted my hand up and wiped the tears that had fallen from her cheeks. I swallowed my saliva as much as I could to moisten my dry throat and still croaked the question I wanted to ask, “Why are you crying?”

  Min Young immediately stopped crying and stiffened. Hesitantly, she looked up and our eyes met. I smiled weakly and waved with the same enthusiasm. “Yun-Yunho?” she called out to me.

  “Hi,” I said yet again in a croak. Next thing I knew, she had pulled me into a bear hug, squeezing the air left in me. I coughed from the strong impact and felt a jolt of pain surge through my muscles and bone. “Ouch,” I said with my eyes widening from the immense pain.

  Quickly, she pulled back and said, “I’m sorry!” She then got off of the bed and stumbled to the door to yell out, “Nurse!! Come quick!! He’s awake!!”

  I watched as a few ladies in white nurse uniforms came into the room and surrounded me. I was still a blur from waking up so I was a bit lost as to what happened. I had found out I had broken my leg and my head started to throb. They checked the drip on my left and figured it to have been stuck to my forearm.

  Amongst the hardworking nurses checking my vital systems and all, Min Young stood by the side, watching me with glassy eyes and a wide smile. Judging from her expression, she was happy and I was happy that when I woke up, she was there with me.

  Guess she meant what she said . . . There was nothing else better I could ask for.  

 

 

 


 

Hello people,

I know it's a little later than usual but I got caught up... With my mother's appointment - where I did this chapter, then there's the New Year Party and then there's the grocery shopping. I feel a little drained but here's a lil' good news. Two more chappies to go!! ^^

Is that considered good or bad?? But whatever it is, there're 2 chappies left. The ending was a little not so as planned, more or less okay but still.... Comment plz~!! ^^

 

Peace Out!! Love,

Durian2003