Entry 2

My Journal

When i was young i drove my dad’s mower for fun. At the time i enjoyed driving, and when i was taken out for a test drive at 14, i couldn’t wait to drive. But as i got older and started driving a golf cart around my property and accidentally backed down a steep hill and hit a shed, driving seemed like another world to me. I was hit with the realization of the rules and regulations that had to be followed. At 18 because i had yet not gotten my license since the golf cart incident had left a scar on me, my dad wanted me to get my temporary driver’s license. This part of the whole thing was easy for me, read a book, memorize as much as you can, and pass the written test. After i had gotten that, i started thinking about driving and…...it scared me. After that small little error on a golf cart, i felt i was not a person meant to be driving, like i would be the cause of an accident. As i started to begin learning how to drive, i was more nervous than i have ever been. I have become less nervous now as i continue to drive more often, but on rainy days the nerves kick in again. I mean, they are still there anyway, but they get a boost on days more dangerous to drive. Mom always says i do just fine, but i still feel i don’t belong on the road. I have always preferred walking or running, or even riding a bike to a place. I know because of distance i can’t always do that, but i wish i could. All i know is these nerves need to be chill when i have to go back to community college next year. Things were so much simpler in the olden times.