Chapter 9

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Each day means a new 24 hours. Each day means everything is possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time” – Legend, Marie Lu.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

MINJUN

I walked in a usual speed to my office. People bowed to me as I walked past them. I returned smiles to them but all I was thinking about was him. I didn’t want to think of him. It was a waste of my time. But I just couldn’t.

“How are you?” Wooyoung asked as I entered my office. He was already there going through some papers. Only he had the privilege to enter my office when I wasn’t there. Others had to wait outside until I came.

“Good. How are you here?” I asked sitting on my chair.

“Nothing. Was getting bored, so I came”

“Are you still…hanging out with Junho?” I asked without meeting his eyes.

“Yeah. I met him yesterday” he said. A lump formed in my throat.

“I came to know a lot of things” he said.

“I’m not interested” I lied.

“Really?”

I didn’t say anything.

“I’m still telling you to give him a chance”

“Can we not talk about this? I’ve spent the whole night awake thinking of it”

“Okay” he chuckled.

“It’s not funny” I said opening a random file I had already gone through. My mind wandered to the scar on his forehead.

“Did you see the scar on his forehead?” I asked shutting the file.

Wooyoung looked at me teasingly with a smirk on his face. I shook my head and said “No. I don’t care”

I opened the file again pretending to read.

Junho had grown. His hair, his face structure had become manlier. He had become handsome. There was one thing I noticed, his eye smile seemed lost.

“I got an offer” Wooyoung said snapping me out of my thoughts.

“From?” I asked.

“This guy from Thailand. He’s a photographer. I sent him some of my pictures. And he said he was coming to Korea next week. So he offered if I wished to assist him. He’d give me a full time job if he was impressed”

“That’s great” I said keeping the file aside. I knew Wooyoung never liked his current job. He wanted to be a proper travel photographer. Not an interior photographer. But almost all good companies were associated with his family. And for his family, he was dead. And they’d take every step to keep it that way. Now that he was finally doing what he wanted, I was happy.

He had given me a new life, but he himself was stuck in his pathetic life. He was always cheerful and all, but he always had a dark spot in his heart which never faded.

“What’s that guy’s name?” I asked.

“Nichkhun Horvejkul”

 

JUNHO

I kept glancing out of the room to see if I could see Minjun anywhere. I knew he wouldn’t be on this floor but I just felt like seeing him. My mind only wandered to the lift encounter we had. We were so close. My heart was pounding just imagining how close we were. How did I survive without fainting?  

“Is it possible for us to visit the construction site?” Jinyoung asked.

“Yeah. Even I was planning to visit once” I said snapping out my thoughts.

“Can we?”

“We’ll have to ask Minjun”

Jinyoung frowned.

 

I exhaled slowly as I opened the door to Minjun’s office. My subordinates stood at a distance watching me go inside.

As I stepped inside I saw him sitting on his revolving black chair behind his massive table. He was reading a file while playing with a pencil with his fingers. His hair was on point and to be honest, he looked hot. I wanted to run my fingers through his hair. He lifted his eyes from the file without lifting his head to see me. He kept the file away and seemed interested when he saw it was me. But it wasn’t a positive look.

I hated that look. It was so cold and painful.

I lowered my gaze to his name plate on the table and said “We wanted to visit the construction site”

“Okay” he replied.

That’s it?

“Umm…we can go there anytime we want?” I asked.

“Show the guards your ID. He’ll let you in”

I nodded my head and swallowed hard. Could I speak to him now? Did I have a chance?

It all seemed so messed up.

“I thought you’d ask me a lot of questions about it” I said trying to keep up such a weak conversation.

“I’d like to have as less conversation as I can with you”

Did I hear him right?

I looked up and met his cold stare. He looked like I didn’t matter anymore. The world crumbled around me and I felt like I was standing in air. My heart felt heavy. I stood there like a fool for a few minutes and registered what he said. I looked down at my feet biting back tears. I walked to the door and as I held the knob, I turned sideways and said, “I’m sorry, Minjun. For everything”. I could feel him glaring at my back. That’s all I could do now.

With that, I left the room.

 

MINJUN

“Can you stop acting so rude to him?!” Wooyoung shouted at me banging on my table.

I had told him what had happened with Junho a few minutes back.

“I have all the rights to act rude to him” I said.

“Really? What if he leaves the company? You’ll have no time to search for another designer. Plus, you don’t even know his side of the story”

“He won’t leave. If he has a little bit of conscience left, he won’t leave me this time”

“So you’re just going to act mean to him till the project is over and then fire him?”

“Maybe”

“That’s insane! I never thought you’d act this way when Junho would come here”

I pondered for a while and asked, “What is that scar on his forehead? It’s been bothering me since the time I saw it”

“I don’t get you. You want him or you don’t want him?”

“I just want him to struggle a little for me. The way I did”

“Even he might have struggled there, you know”

“I don’t care. I just want him to feel the pain of being pushed away by someone you love”

“Minjun-”

“Enough”

Wooyoung gave me a displeased look and stormed out of the room. Whose side was this guy on?

 

JUNHO

I was at the construction site when I got a message from Wooyoung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter