Chapter 23

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“You don’t choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you” – Fault in our Stars, John Green.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

JUNHO

“Did something happen?” I whispered to Minjun as we sat at a restaurant eating lunch. My subordinates and Hosung were also there.

“Not yet” he replied. He looked like he was anticipating a problem to come up.

“Is something going to happen?”

“I’m not sure”

I looked at him with a worried expression. It didn’t matter that he was hiding some things from me. But I just didn’t want him to handle all the stress alone.

“Don’t worry. It’ll get resolved anyway” he said.

I wished I knew what was happening.

 

We finished the day’s work at around 8:30 in the night. Which was pretty good for a first day of interiors. Minjun was with me all the while since he came back from the office. It was amazing how he didn’t let his ‘problem’ bother him all the time and simply kept smiling.

It was pretty hard to concentrate because he constantly kept staring at me. Not like it bothered me though, I pretty much enjoyed it.

Minjun drove the car back home and I couldn’t wait to go to sleep. Especially with him. But I also did feel selfish that this is what I was thinking about when he was stressed.

I looked at him while he was driving. He had removed his coat and the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to his elbow. He looked great as he rested one elbow on the window and held the steering wheel with the other. He was thinking. Very intensely. I could feel it.

I looked out of the window as I wondered how to ask him about it.

 

As we reached home, I went straight to the bedroom to change so that I could go to sleep as soon as I can. But once I came out after changing, I smelt hot food cooking. I realized Minjun was making Ramen. And then I also realized that he wouldn’t let me go to sleep without eating.

Minjun had tied the apron loosely behind his back. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Aren’t you tired?” I asked sleepily.

“Nope. Not as much as you” he said patting my head.

“Can I ask you something?” I said.

“Hmm?”

“What is the problem?”

He turned his head sideways to glance at me.

“I don’t want you to be bothered by it” he said.

“You think I can let you worry about stuff all alone?”

“It’s entirely business-related”

“Still. I want to know”

 

“So Wooyoung’s dad threatened that he’ll make one of the shareholders leave the company?”

“Yeah”

We sat opposite each other on the dining table. We were almost done with eating by the time he told me everything.

“What will happen if he leaves?” I asked.

“There might be some legal proceedings for distribution of his shares or, dispute between the other shareholders. It can cause a lot of personal problems between the shareholders. But it eventually affects the company” he said looking down.

“” I scratched the back of my head.

“It’s not much of a big deal at the moment since nothing of that sort has happened, yet” he said.

“But what will you do when something happens? What if he actually does something?”

“We can think about it then” Minjun said giving me a small smile.

 

MINJUN

“Now could you explain to me what you said this morning? We’re on the bed anyway” I said as I climbed onto the bed next to Junho.

He narrowed his tiny eyes at me. I smiled as I saw a pink rising on his cheeks.

“A demo would be better” I said chuckling.

“Go to sleep” Junho said as he reached his hand to the switch near the bed to switch off the lights.

“You can sleep with the lights completely off now?” I asked as I felt his hands wrapping my waist in the dark. I pulled him closer as he said, “Because I can hold you”

“Please don’t keep your worries to yourself. We’ve stayed apart for too long anyway” he murmured after a pause. His face was buried in the crook of my neck. 

I gave him a peck on his forehead as a reply.

 

WOOYOUNG

My head hurt as I drove to the construction site in the afternoon. The only thing which filled my mind was my dad’s threat. How much ever I knew him, he’d either mess with Minjun’s company or mess with Nichkhun. These two people were the dearest to me. I couldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter