Chapter 20

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please excuse any mistakes...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“It’s when you’re acting selflessly that you are at your bravest” – Divergent, Veronica Roth.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WOOYOUNG

“Does this affect my chances of getting the job?” I asked, trying my best to get a playful smile on my face.

Nichkhun looked at me with his pure, wide eyes. He was probably shocked that I even asked such a question.

“Wooyoung, of course not”

“Great” I said smiling lightly. I finally opened the beer and took a sip. The hotness I felt in my mouth because of my tears vanished thanks to the cool of the beer. I almost drank all of it in one go.

“I didn’t know you were this strong, Wooyoung” he said. 

“I thought you’d be disgusted or something” I said.

“Why? In fact I’m…I’m honored that you felt I was worth sharing your story to”

“Really? Or are you just saying that so that I feel better? You don’t have to do that” I think it came out harsh. I didn’t expect it to be so mean. 

“I want to though” he said.

I don’t know when this happened, but he was sitting closer than ever. Our elbows almost touched. When did he move so close to me? My heart was hammering against my chest.

“I’ll get more beer” I said as I stood up. But he stood up with me and pulling my wrist, he pinned me to the wall. I looked at him with wide eyes.

“Wooyoung…” he said in a whispering voice.

“Yes?”

“I really thought I could control myself and wait till you feel okay. But I don’t think I can”

“What-?”

Before I could continue he pressed his lips on mine. Fireworks exploded everywhere in my body. I lost grip on my beer can and held my breath. Chills ran down my spine as I placed my hand on his shoulder to stop him, but he just pulled me closer.  

I felt like I’d faint because of my lips trapped in his soft lips. He was so warm and the way he delicately placed his lips on mine. He could probably feel my heart pounding. I guess even his was. I felt weak in the knees.

Just when I was going to close my eyes and return his kiss, he moved away from me. I obviously couldn’t hide the disappointment on my face. I wanted him to continue.

He looked at me as if he was analyzing every move I’d make now. He looked into my eyes trying to get an answer out of me. Truth was, I became speechless and my brain wasn’t even processing anything. I never expected him to do that.

He looked so beautiful under the moonlight. And more beautiful since he was so close to my face.

I bit on my lip nervously and pulled myself a little forward. But he still maintained a distance. I looked up to him and wanted to ask him to come closer to me. But for some reason, the words refused to come out. I felt like I was frozen.

I was leaping in excitement inside. But outside I was in a nervous mess. Crossing his arms, he stepped more closer. He had a mischievous smile on his face. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter