Chapter 21

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for all the comments! I'm not able to reply to them but they really encourage me!

Please excuse mistakes!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Fate is what happens to you in spite of all your plans” – Out, Natsuo Kirino

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WOOYOUNG

The world seemed to stop as I lay next to Nichkhun, our fingers entwined. I was gazing at the stars but Nichkhun was looking at me. I couldn’t hide the pink rising on my cheeks.

“Stop looking at me like that” I said trying to hide my smile.

He laughed and turned his head to watch the stars. And suddenly I felt sad that he wasn’t looking at me. So I looked at him.

His eyes shone under the moonlight. I wanted him all to myself. And that feeling reminded me of Jaebeom. I lowered my eyes to our entwined fingers. Jaebeom and I had also slept like this. I had felt Jaebeom’s lips also on mine. Was he looking at me from above? Would he be happy with the decision I made?

I didn’t even realize that Nichkhun was lying sideways now and completely staring at me. He extended his hand and brushed a tear off my cheek. I didn’t even realize I was crying.

“It’s okay. It’s all fine” he whispered.

I nodded my head and returned a small smile. Everything was fine. 

He leaned in and gently placed his soft lips on mine. It was just a peck. But it still had the power to free me off my guilt. I closed my eyes and tightened my grip on his hand as I parted my lips for him. I felt his smile on my lips which was the best moment ever. He let go my hand and placed it on my cheek as he came closer. I held the side of his shirt. His warm breath was so intoxicating, I wanted to drown in it.

 

JUNHO

Something made me wake up. I drowsily opened my eyes and realized my face was buried in Minjun’s neck. I smiled and looked up. Minjun was holding onto me firmly. His eyebrows were partly furrowed and his breathing was heavy. Even he was having nightmares. I placed my hand on his forehead to make sure he wasn’t sick. He had a normal temperature. I slowly turned my head around making sure I didn’t wake Minjun up. It was still dark outside. Maybe it wasn’t time to wake up yet. I turned back around and buried my head in the crook of Minjun’s neck and rubbed his back. He probably woke up when I did that and pulled me closer even though we were practically stuck together.

 

Later when I woke up, faint sunlight shone through the curtains of the window. I stretched myself as much as possible and realized Minjun wasn’t on the bed. He had probably woken up. My eyes were still closed as I moved my hands around. I let out a deep sigh as I opened my eyes and sat upright.

I looked around the room searching for Minjun. And then the door opened and he came in. He was wearing a black tank top and pajamas.

“You woke up?” he said smiling, as he climbed into the bed and settled in front of me.

“Yeah” I said with a dry voice.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked as he cupped my face with his hands.

“I think I got a nightmare. But then I slept well, comparatively” I said shrugging. This actually was an achievement for me to sleep properly after a nightmare.

He smiled at me. How lucky I was to see that smile in the morning…

“You have your therapy session today” he said holding both my hands in his.

It was so hard to concentrate on what he was saying when he sat in front me with just a tank top which showcased his broad shoulders and great abs underneath.

“Yeah”

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

“Yeah. Very”

Another achievement. Being hungry after waking up.

“Freshen up. I’ll make something” he said.

“I’m lazy” I said failing at hiding my smile.

He chuckled and said, “Don’t tempt me, Junho”

“Or else?” I asked narrowing my tiny eyes.

“I might just pin you on the bed and go to sleep with you”

I gave a disappointed look and said, “Is that all you’d do with me when I’m in bed with you?”

From where did I just get the courage to say that?

It took him a second to process what I said. His eyes widened as he understood. But before he could actually pin me to the bed, I jumped off the bed and sprinted to the bathroom. I shut the door of the bathroom before he could reach me.

“What did you mean just now?!” he shouted from outside

“You know it!” I replied, a huge smile playing on my face.

“I don’t know! That’s not fair! Come out and tell me!” he shouted.

“Everything is fair in love and war!’ I shouted back. He could obviously hear my giggles.

“Just wait till you come out!”

And then I heard him leave. All the while I brushed my teeth, I imagined all the ways I could tempt him.

 

I carefully stepped out of the bathroom and tiptoed my way to the kitchen. I peeked in and saw him standing in front of the stove, his back facing me.

I wondered what I could do to get his attention but all I found myself doing was stare at him. His physique had developed so much. He just looked amazingly handsome. The way his hands moved with the pan on the stove and how he had just loosely tied the apron behind his waist.

It felt so unreal that I finally had this man all to myself.

“Are you just going to stand there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter