Chapter 27

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You can’t go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have…is now.” – Thirteen Reasons Why, Jay Asher.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

MINJUN

Slight breeze brushed against my forehead as I slowly opened my eyes. I could smell Junho’s familiar scent. His back was against my chest and my arm loosely around his waist. We were shirtless and the blanket covered only our lower halves. I realized the window was left open for the whole night. Another cool breeze and Junho shivered slightly. He sighed and seemed to wake up. Not wanting to ruin the moment, I pulled up the blanket and snuggled closer to Junho pretending to be asleep. He pressed his body and went back to sleep again.

It was almost 11:30 when we were woken up by a call on my phone. I had to move from my comfortable position to take my phone from the bedside table. I just picked up not bothering to check the caller.

“Hello…” I murmured, snuggling closer to Junho in my original position.

“Where the hell are you?” Hosung asked.

“At home…” I answered lazily.

“You’re sleeping?!” He shouted.

“Why are you shouting? What happened?” I asked irritably.

“You didn’t come for work yesterday. And you’re not coming today also?”

“I’m coming”

“Please come fast. There are some signatures needed. Work will continue only after that. You want me to send someone to your house for the signatures”

“No. I’m coming”

We hung up.

With the phone still in my hand, I wrapped my arms around Junho. Closing my eyes, I enjoyed a moment of peace.

Junho turned around and looked at me with a sleepy face. “What’s the time?” he asked.

“11:30” I yawned.

“Oh . We’re so late!” he cursed as he pushed the blankets off his body.

I frowned.

He quickly crept closer and placed a soft kiss on my nose.

“I’m going to brush” he said as he moved away from me and jumped off the bed. His side of the bed felt painfully empty. So I cuddled with his pillow.

He bent to retrieve his shirt from the floor. As he was wearing it, I noticed the scars again. Those visible, deep red lines.

“Calm down, Junho. I’m the CEO” I said smiling.

“Yes, SIR. But I’m just an employee. I have rules which I have to follow. Now could you please get up from the bed?” he asked being extra formal.

When he realized I wouldn’t move from the bed since I was feeling extra lazy today, he went to his last resort.

“If you get up in 3 seconds, you can have a shower with me”

 

That’s how I got up from the bed in 3 seconds.

 

We still reached an hour and a half later because we got a little…caught up in the shower.

When we reached the construction site, Jinyoung quickly pulled Junho away for some verifications while I got a ‘friendly’ lecture from Hosung.

A chart was hung on one of the walls of the reception as to how many days were left for the building to be complete. Today it was 80.

80 days left.

 

During lunch, Wooyoung gave me a call saying he and Nichkhun were flying to China for the start of their first travel expedition together. It was a relief to see him finally do what he loved. With the person he loved. I really never thought he’d stop thinking about Jaebeom. But I was glad he had moved on. Even though he never told me about his feelings, he knew I was there to support him all the time. And it was great to see him find genuine support in someone other than me.

Now that everything was falling into place, it was a little troublesome. Because good times never stayed long.

Junho clicked his fingers in front of my face to snap me out of my thoughts.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked sitting on the chair next to me in the reception of the building.

“Nothing. How’s it going?” I asked getting a smile on my face.

“It’s going great. We finished more than what we had planned to finish today” he said with satisfaction in his voice. He relaxed his back on the chair and closed his eyes. He was very tired and I felt sorry.

 

“Dinner?” I asked.

“I’m going with them” he said pointing towards Jinyoung and his other subordinates.

“Why?” I asked with a pout.

“I’m treating them. They worked well even when I wasn’t there”

“Yeah that’s because it’s their job”

He gave me his resting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter