Chapter 3

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Happily ever after, or even just together every after, is not cheesy. It’s the noblest, like the most courageous thing two people can shoot for” – Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

*

JUNHO

Chansung didn’t leave until I completely disappeared into the crowd at the airport. I went through my check-in and immigration procedure to finally sit at the waiting area for the plane.

I was getting restless by every second passing by. There were small kids running around trying to get rid of their boredom. Two other kids were fighting with each other for their father’s phone.

I hate kids.

I wanted to call Chansung. It would give me some relief.

Just then the announcement came on for all passengers to line up for boarding. I sighed and stood up picking up my bag. The first thought which came to my mind was ‘What if the plane crashes or blasts? And I’ll never be able to meet him and he won’t even realize I was in the plane’

 I shook that thought off and sat on my seat. Window seat. Great.

I love window seats.

 

My heartbeat was faster than ever as I walked through Incheon Airport. It was wholly excitement right now. I felt so glad to come back.

As I walked out, I saw a pretty tall guy holding a board with me name on it. I walked over to him and said “That’s me” I didn’t know if I was smiling or what. But he instantly became happy seeing me.

He had good features. He was lean and pretty tall. He had a round face and his smile was one of that kind which made you forget your worries for a second.

“I’m Jang Wooyoung. Mr. Minjun’s secretary” he said holding his hand out for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you” I said returning the handshake.

He volunteered to take the trolley from my hands and lead the way out of the crowd in front of the airport.

“I’ll drop you to your apartment now. You have the interview meeting tomorrow” he said as we settled in the car.

“Okay”

I kept wondering how a young guy like him could be a secretary. He would probably be my age. His hair was messy. Like he’d just woken up.

I smiled as he drove through the roads. I didn’t know I was longing to come back until now. It felt so good.

“How long has it been since you’ve come to Seoul?” he asked. I realized his voice was really soft. I could hardly hear him over the crowd at the airport.

“12 years”

“Woah. Longtime”

“Yeah”

It was really nostalgic. I felt the sudden urge to cry. My throat hurt because of the lump formed. I rested my head on the headrest and folded my arms staring at the once familiar place.

 

Wooyoung helped me carry my bags to my house. It was on the 14th floor. We got off the elevator and I set the passcode to my house in front of him. Though he looked away. Not like I doubted he would break into my house. We set the bags in the living room and I looked through the house.

“Your apartment is pretty big” he said flashing me a wide smile. I liked his friendliness, it made me trust him even though I was scared of trusting people. I returned a weak smile. “Do you want me to help in something?” he asked without hesitating.

I looked around. There wasn’t much help needed since it was a furnished apartment already.

“There isn’t much to do” I said.

“There isn’t? You have to make your bed, your wardrobe, keep your books in the shelves, get food supplies and stuff for the kitchen…well, there is a lot” he said shoving his hands in his jeans pockets, raising his eyebrows.

“I don’t want to bother you” I said. I wasn’t sure if I wanted him to stay or go. He wasn’t really bothering me in any way.

“I’ve been asked to take a leave today to help you set up. So I guess it’s not a bother” he said smiling.

I was surprised at the fact that he was asked to take a leave.

“Really?” I asked wide eyed.

“Not really But sort of” he said chuckling.

I didn’t know what that meant. But I guess I did need his help.

“Okay. So umm…how do you want to help?” I asked

“Do you have any books? I can arrange your books. I’ve worked in a library before” he said taking his hands out of his pockets and rubbing them together ready to work.

Interesting. He has worked in a library. I love libraries.

“Yeah sure. Then I’ll be in my room, making my wardrobe” I said.

I handed him a carton which had only books. I had shipped in a few cartons of books and other stuff before I left US.

 

He sat on the floor cross legged and opened up the carton, carefully working his way through the masking tape. He seemed like one of those people who opened their gifts without tearing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter