Chapter 25

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for the comments! ^^ Also, pls ingore any mistakes..i was really sleepy when i wrote this :-)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Life doesn’t have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen” – To All the Boys I’ve loved Before, Jenny Han.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

MINJUN

Junho decided to stay home today since the work was going pretty well at the site. Even I decided not to go. So Junho and I woke up late. I was the first to wake up. The sun shone through the flaps of the curtains, I slowly opened my eyes. I could smell the sweet smell of Junho. He lay close to me. Our fingers were somehow entwined. I lay there with closed eyes taking in his pleasant presence.

And then I slowly released my fingers from his grip. When I moved to get off the bed, he suddenly turned and gripped my wrist.

I smiled and crawled next to him again. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my chest. He was wearing a translucent loose shirt. Because of the light, I could see a faint scar which started just under his nape and extended to somewhere under his shirt.

I had a sudden urge to take off his shirt and see all of his scars. It was always there in the back of my head that he’d have scars. I had only seen the one on his forehead yet.

But his calm breath on my neck made me forget all of that. Now all that mattered was that he was with me.

I didn’t know when I fell asleep again.

 

The next time I woke up, which was probably an hour or so later, I realized Junho was gazing at me. He was suddenly looking like his 14 year old self. I pinched his cheeks gently and muttered a raspy “Did you sleep well?”

He smiled and wriggled around in the bed stretching himself. I grabbed him in a hug because he was acting so cute.

He hugged me back as tightly and the room was filled with his sweet giggles.

 

We were sitting on the dining table having toast sandwiches. Our legs kept hitting each other playfully under the table.

“Junho”

“Hmm?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah?”

“I want to see your scars”

He stopped eating and looked up at me.

“Why?” he asked after a pause.

“I want to know how many times you’ve needed me but I wasn’t there”

“Minjun please” he sighed closing his eyes.

I didn’t want to pressurize him. But I did want to see what they did to my Junho. I looked down and continued eating.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked” I said. I ruined the mood.

He kept quiet.

And he kept quiet till we finished eating. He kept quiet even when he washed the dishes and I stood next to him wiping the plates with the napkin.

When we were done, Junho sat on the sofa and worked on his laptop. I got a few calls which I attended to. And then, I sat next to Junho watching TV. My thumb drew loose circles on his hand as my head rested on his shoulder.

Why wasn’t he speaking? Was he angry?

This was honestly boring. I wanted to enjoy with him. I mentally smacked myself for asking such a ridiculous thing and ruining everything.

“What are you doing?” I asked as I lazily changed the channels on the TV clearly not interested in it.

“Work” he said.

I looked up at him expecting him to look back at me. But he didn’t.

“I’m sorry I asked that” I said.

“You already said sorry”

“Then why aren’t you talking to me?”

“I’m just…working”

I lifted my head up from his shoulder and pouted at him. I know he saw me pouting but he decided to ignore me. I noticed his ears turning red. I was making an effect on him.

I smiled and got up from the sofa.

“Come on. Get up” I said taking the laptop from his lap and placing it on the table.

“Why?”

“We’re going out” I said as I pulled him to make him stand.

“Where?”  

“I don’t know. Just roaming around”

He didn’t argue. He simply went inside to change and came out within seconds. He was wearing casual jeans and a white shirt with a black jacket. It was the first time I saw him wearing casuals.

 

I asked if he wanted to go anywhere in particular. He looked at me for a long time thinking what to say. But then he shook his head and said, “Wherever”

I noticed and realized anyway where he wanted to go.

“Are you still angry?” I asked as we sat in the car.

“I was never angry”

“You weren’t talking to me. I noticed it Junho”

“I just never thought you’d want to see my scars. I was surprised”

“I think I overreacted” he said after a short pause.

“No it’s okay. You didn’t. Please tell me when you don’t like certain things. Don’t keep them to yourself. Okay?”

“Okay”

 

“Do you want to go to our old town?” I asked after some time.

He looked at me with a shocked expression.

“You don’t want to go there?” I asked decreasing the speed of the car.

“No I want to. I wanted to go there since I came back from US” he said.

I couldn’t wait to get there too.

But I dreaded it when we had to pass over that bridge. Junho’s face saddened when he saw the spot on the bridge from where I tried to jump off. I tried my best to not react when he glanced at me. Maybe this was how he felt when I asked to see his scars. Dread.

I parked the car just outside the town. We had decided to walk around the town. It required courage from both of us.

Junho stood close to me and our hands almost collided into each other. The town looked so different from before.

“You didn’t come here before?” Junho asked.

I shook my head and said, “I never wanted to”

Our hearts started beating faster as we remembered the streets now and realized that once we take a right turn we’d see the orphanage. Junho and I looked at each other as we slowly walked through the turning and saw the building of the orphanage. There were no noises of any kids. It looked gloomy. We stood in front of the or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter