Chapter 18

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haven't reviewed! Pls ignore mistakes.. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“I suppose that’s the secret. If you’re ever wishing for things to back to the way they were, you just have to look up” – Before I fall, Lauren Oliver.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

JUNHO

“I’m going to the office only for the meeting today. And so are you” Minjun said as we entered his house.

His house was big. Bigger than I expected.

“Woah. This is huge” I said under my breath. But he anyways heard it and smirked.

“I am the owner of one of the most prestigious five-star hotels in South Korea you know. I deserve to have this huge house” he said teasingly.

“Okay. Don’t brag so much” I said with a smile.

We slumped down on the sofa. He sat sideways so he was looking at me. His moved his fingers through his hair with one arm on the sofa and I sat next to him, fingers curled up in loose fists on my lap. There was a distance of probably 5 inches between us along with an awkward tension between us. Could this be called ?

I had the sudden urge to just slide onto his lap and kiss him. Move my fingers through his hair. I looked away trying to think of something else.

He continued to gaze at me.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked stammering.

“I’m just glad you’re here” he said.

I looked at him with anxious eyes. He had that loving expression on his face. Like he genuinely meant what he said. He took my hands in his and I automatically shifted my position to sit facing him. I rested my head on the sofa.

“Is there something you want to tell me?” he asked.

Yes. So many things.

I looked down and nodded.

“What is it?” he asked.

“I…I’m not sure about this…” my voice trailed off. I wasn’t even sure about what I was saying. He didn’t ask me anything. He just looked at me. With that loving expression. Like he’d just wait till I was sure. THAT made me want to live.

I looked down again. Don’t feel this way.

“Nothing. Leave it” I said looking up again trying to put a stern face but I know I failed.

“You have to tell me” he said.

“Not now. Please” I said.

“Okay…whenever you want” he said as he brushed my cheek with his thumb. His fingers slightly moved to my scar. I closed my eyes as I felt his finger on the healed but worn skin there.

“Did this hurt?” he asked.

I nodded my head. My eyes still closed.

I felt him shift on his seat and then I felt his warm lips on my forehead. On my scar. And then he moved down to my cheek. And then moved lower to my lips. He was just an inch away. I wouldn’t dare open my eyes. I could feel his tingling breath on my lips. I could also feel his gaze on me right now.

My heart would explode in two cases: 1. If he kissed me. 2. If he backed away.

I didn’t know what to expect. A part of me wanted to stop him, because that part of me hesitated to get closer to him. The other part wanted to pull him closer and close the distance between us.

And then a vibration following a ringtone startled me. I actually jerked slightly and opened my eyes. He closed his eyes and sighed in frustration which actually got a mischievous smile on my face. He narrowed his eyes and tapped the green signal on his phone screen.

“Yeah” he said.

“Half an hour” he said after a pause.

We had to go to the office, I realized. It brought in a disappointment in me but also relief. If I had kissed him, it’d would mean I couldn’t doubt myself anymore. And I still had big doubts. I slowly moved from the sofa to go into the room to change my clothes while he still talked on the phone. But he caught my wrist as I got up and didn’t let me go till he cut the call.

After he cut the call, he got up and made me face him, holding both my hands. And then he leaned forward and kissed my cheek. My cheeks turned red and I smiled from ear to ear. A real smile. Not the fake ones I was doing since I gained consciousness.

He moved back and said, “Bear with this for now”. He had a straight face but I could see the disappointment in his eyes.

“It’s you who is desperate” I said chuckling.

“Whatever” he muttered under his breath.

 

JUNHO

Minjun and I sat in silence as his driver drove the car. I stared outside the window wondering how everything had changed. I wondered how the situation would be if I hadn’t attempted suicide that day. I looked over at Minjun who had his head resting on the headrest of his seat. His eyes were closed but he wasn’t sleeping. I noticed his features for the millionth time. His plump lips and how they were going to kiss me a while ago. He looked so peaceful at the moment.

I wanted to scoot next to him and put his head in my lap, gaze at his beautiful features and run my hair through his hair.

I just turned my head and looked outside the window.

 

I felt like everybody would stare at me once we entered the conference room. But nobody did. Thankfully.

My subordinates entered after me and smiled at me encouragingly. They still didn’t know why I was in the hospital. But their support meant a lot. They walked over to me and handed me a few important files.

I looked outside the glass wall wondering if Wooyoung was there. But I realized he wasn’t here. He was out of the city. I looked at Minjun who had crossed his arms and was looking at me. My heart skipped a beat as he winked at me. I looked down as I tried to stop the pink rising on my cheek. I couldn’t stop the huge smile on my face though.

“Shall we start?” Hosung said as he entered. He was the last one to enter. 

Minjun kept staring at me as I spoke. He did that before as well. But this time it was completely different. In the earlier conferences his stare was cold. Now it radiated warmth which only I could feel. His attention diverted to the projector screen as I started talking about the budget factor. I was relieved and disappointed that he wasn’t looking at me anymore.

I made sure that the budget had reached his expectation. I hated the disappointed look on his face. And the fact I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter