Chapter 24

Selfish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I havent reviewed it...Please ignore mistakes :-) 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Don’t feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy” – A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J. Maas.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

MINJUN

“Ready?” Junho asked as we stood outside the conference room. He fixed my tie and then held my arm reassuringly.

“You’ll handle it well” he said.

I hoped so. We hadn’t found a shareholder yet. I didn’t know how I’d manage the situation inside. Thankfully no one had come yet so I had some time to brace myself.

I nodded with a nervous smile. He could probably hear my heavy breaths as he rubbed my arm gently. I could see he was worried too.

Wooyoung and Hosung, the two other people I needed the most right now weren’t here too.

And then I saw the doors to the reception open and the shareholders walk in. I sighed as Junho distanced himself from me. I gave them a smile as they entered the conference room. I glanced nervously at Junho before I entered the room behind the shareholders and closed the door.  

The conference room was a rectangular room with broad windows on one side of the wall. It showed the Seoul skyline. A huge projector hung on the wall opposite to the executive’s chair, where I sat. As I took a seat, one of the men asked me, “I see Mr. Hosung hasn’t come yet”

“I’m sure he’s on his way” I said giving him a small smile. It was so hard to be polite in such situations.

We waited for 5 minutes, 10 minutes…15 minutes. But no one turned up. I looked over the door nervously wondering if Hosung was ever going to show up. I wondered what Junho was doing outside. I could feel the tension in the air. Everybody was getting impatient.

“I suggest we get on with the meeting. He can join us when he comes” the same guy as before said.

“Okay” I said, clearly not wanting to agree with what he suggested.

“One of our main shareholders here, Mr. Jung Younghoon wants to retire from this company as a shareholder"

A few whispers were heard.

Jung Younghoon got up from his seat and said, “I’ve been in this company since it started. I have witnessed this company reach great heights. I got to learn a lot, especially from Minjun, our very young CEO. He’s definitely someone very impressive”

Why was he praising me so much?

“It was a pleasure working with all of you as well. But now I feel like it’s my time to withdraw from my professional life and enjoy my old age. Being in the business sector for more than 15 years, I have earned enough to support my family for a lifetime. Therefore I wish to retire now” he concluded.

 What a speech.

As soon as he sat down, another person asked him, “What about your shares?”

“He’d like to sell his shares” I replied to him. I could see the hunger rising in everyone’s eyes.

“But according to my will, I’d sell the shares to whoever the executive wants me to. It doesn’t matter to me” Younghoon said.

This is what Wooyoung’s father set me up for. Having to choose between my shareholders would be double problem.

Everyone looked at me with weird anticipated looks. I wanted to collapse. Just then, there was a knock on the door.

“It’s Hosung”

“Please come in” I sighed. Finally this was here.

“Where were you?” I hissed at him as he came and stood next to me.

“I’m sorry everyone” he said giving a slight bow to everyone.

“We got a shareholder” he whispered to me as he took me a few steps away from the others.

“Who?”

“Nichkhun”

“What?”

“Wooyoung’s father convinced all the people he knew we’d go to, to reject our offer. But he missed Nichkhun. And Nichkhun owns international companies. It would kinda impress these shareholders”

“Are you sure? Did you ask him?” I whispered.

“Yes. 200 percent sure”

“Is Nichkhun here?”

“Yeah. He’s outside”

“Alright” I said patting him on his arm as a smile came on both our faces. I turned to our shareholders who looked at us anxiously.

“As I was saying, I wanted to balance out the shares between all of you shareholders, therefore I’ve decided to get a new shareholder instead of having to choose one among you. Choosing would be unfair”

For a split second, I saw the hunger in their eyes gone. And I mentally sighed, at least they agreed to what I said and weren’t that greedy.

“I’d like to introduce our new member, Mr. Nichkhun”

Hosung opened the door and a young man with fair skin and perfectly styled hair entered the room. He wore a navy blue suit with a grey tie. He seemed like a prince. He looked worthy of all the praises by Wooyoung. And at the moment, I wanted to hug him tight. He had basically saved me.

“Greeting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter