Public

I won't deny

 

ANYHOW. this chapter is...... similar to what i've written before [DH in SGB?] but it will be connected to the next chapters. sorry....

 

 

 

Chapter 9 - Public

 

DH's POV

 

Yet again, I have to travel abroad. Another schedule for the brand that I was indorsing in Thailand. And that only meant one thing. I’m going to be away from HyunAe over the weekend. AGAIN.

I will be having a press conference for the product and a short mini-concert/fanmeet the next day.

On my way to Incheon Airport, I called HyunAe. I’ve been asking her to come with me at least up to the airport. But she never did.

“Chagi,” I said as soon as she picked up in a pleading voice. “Aren’t you going to see me before I go?”

“Donghae-ah, you’ll be back in two days time.” She said on the other line.

I sighed upon hearing her reply.

“Plus, if I go with you, your fans will see me and thus, everything will get out to the public.” She added.

“Araso… I understand.” I told her.

Right now, if she can see me, my face is totally unprintable.

“I’ll see you when you get back Chagi. I’ll just run an errand okay? Bring back some tamarind.” She said and hung up.

I fell silent after the call and Kibum hyung, our manager, looked back at me.

“Hey.” He said.

I looked up at him.

“I’m fine hyung. Little sad. But I’m fine.” I told him and put on my head phones.

+++

PRESS CONFERENCE

The venue was full of reporters and fans. The table was set with microphones around, ready for my answers and all.

At exactly 3pm the press conference started. On my side were the interpreter, MC and the representative or brand manager of the product that I was endorsing.

As the whole event went on, the questions the reporters are asking are all about the product. But my nose is nearly bleeding from all the thai thing that I was hearing.

“Last question?” the emcee said in Thai.

Someone from the back raised her hand. Yes, a girl.

I don’t know why but as they pass the microphone around for her, I felt uneasy. Maybe she’s going to ask something that I can’t answer?

The girl greeted in Korean. Is she Korean? I sort of asked myself and felt quite comfortable.

But then she started saying something in thai.

Ok. Not Korean.

As she finished the question, the emcee reacted to it. And everyone seems to be interested with my answer.

“What did she say?” I asked the interpreter.

“The lady was asking about the news breakout about you, dating someone. There are fans that are saying that the girl you are dating was your wife in ‘We Got Married’. She’s asking, what’s the real thing.” The interpreter said.

Ohhh… That’s why I was feeling uneasy when she raised her hand!

I smiled before answering her.

“Yes, I admit. I’m dating someone right now. I know I’ve said this before in a variety show in Korea where Super Junior members are invited. I’m not saying who she is to protect her. I know, I’m being selfish by doing this, but I just want to protect her and all. I’m happy. That’s all I can say. Please spare her from anymore scandals and news articles.” I said and smiled again.

+++

On my way back to Korea, my bag was way beyond the weight allotted for a passenger. I’m about 5 kilos over. It was all because of the gifts the fans gave for my ‘girlfriend’. About half of them were for her.

Maybe they like her more than they like me?

 

=======================================

Little help friends! XD i need some reader participation. a short comment is a big thing for me. :)