Chapter 20 - Plans

I won't deny

 

Chapter 20 – Plans

 

“What do you need these magazines for?” Shindong hyung asked when i borrowed his box full of magazines.

“HyunAe.” I shortly answered and took the box from him.

“HyunAe?” he asked again, but i was so preoccupied by the sight of all the magazines in front of me.

I kicked my door shut and it landed on Shindong hyung’s face.

“SORRY HYUNG!” i yelled.

I heard him curse and probably he’s scratching his nose at the moment.

“Just don’t do that again. I’m still older than you.” He shouted from the other side of the door.

I sat down on my bed, been wearing a beaming smile since last night because HyunAe and i made up. Finally. And i have these magazines with me.

Taking the first magazine out of the box, i kicked the others out of my way.

I happily scanned the first one and several pictures caught my eye. How can i compare them with the others? There’s just too many of them!

Polaroid!!!

I quickly stood up and got my camera. When i got back on the bed, i immediately snapped pictures of the ones that caught my eye.

Approximately 10 pictures from each magazine were taken. Too much for one little thing neh?

Will she like these things? I mean, HyunAe have specific things that she hates that i don’t know of. What if the one i got is the one she hates the most? Aish...

Laying out the pictures that i took on my bed, it’s time for the screening process.

Picture number one is simply plain. I know that HyunAe is not into the glamorous-glamorous type of things, but this one is just too plain. No designs at all. Plain. Dull. Dead. No excitement whatsoever.

Definitely not the kind of love that symbolizes my love for her. It’s never plain, dull and surely not dead.

Cross out.

Picture number 10 is beautiful. Elegant looking and all. It was not as flashy as the first ones. I know that HyunAe will love this one, definitely her style. But... it was way beyond my budget. >.<

Cross out.

Picture number 25 is a stunner. But HyunAe will kill me if i get this one for her.

Aish... i thought this thing is easy!!!

+++

“Kiddo, where are you going?” Sungmin hyung asked when i grabbed my jacket from the rack.

“Just out hyung. I’ll be back in a few.” I answered.

“Can i come with you?” he asked to the tone in which i couldn’t refuse.

I nodded.

“So, where are we heading to?” he asked as we got in the car.

“Jongno sam-ga.” I answered shortly.

“Whoa! Are you going to do what i was thinking?!” he eagerly asked. “Omo!!! This is exciting!” he exclaimed after.

The boys are actually waiting for this to come. To finally come. Actually, they were the ones who are more excited and expecting for this to happen. Well, i am too, but i know that i have to plan everything before doing so.

“How about this one?” Hyung asked as he pointed one on the glass case.

I didn’t mind him and continued looking at the others. Sadly, nothing caught my attention.

“Let’s go hyung, let’s check the other stall.” I said before heading out.

“Yah, Donghae. Why don’t you look at this one first?” he insisted, not moving an inch from where he is standing.

“Hyung...”

“Seriously Donghae, i think HyunAe would like this one. And it’s on your budget!” he nearly shouted just to stop me.

Why did i even bring hyung with me?

I lifelessly walked over to his side and looked at the stuff that he was pointing.

“It’s simple yet classy. Never looked cheap with its $ 400 price. A little additional payment of $75 is enough to make it a personalized one. It shows your love for HyunAe. Well, i guess. What do you think?” he asked.

HyunAe...

I was staring at it for the past minute. There was more to it than what Sungmin hyung said. Something that draws me to it. That says that it was the one for HyunAe. That it is something that will fit everything i have for her.

++++

“Hyung, i was cleaning your room when i saw these.” Wookie said when i got back from a schedule. He showed me the pictures that i took from the magazines the other day. “Is it okay to throw them out?”

I nodded and went directly to the kitchen for a drink.

“Yah, Donghae-ah, Sungmin told us your plan. You serious about this?” Leeteuk hyung and Heechul hyung asked as they cornered me by the counter.

Aish. Hyung. I shouldn’t have taken you with me for that late shopping/strolling!!!

“Yeah... never been so sure in my life.” I answered and smiled at them.

“Then, good luck boy.” Leeteuk hyung stated. “How are you going to do it? Got any plans?”

I scratched the back of my head. I don’t have any idea on how to do it... i’ve done a lot for her and i wanted something new. Aish.

“Need help with that?”

++++

We ended up gathering the whole gang in the living room of the bigger dorm.

“So that’s the plan?” Shindong hyung asked.

All of us nodded.

“But who’s going to pick her up?” Eunhyuk asked.

A loud groan was heard after. Another problem.

“Aish, i’ll pick her up.” Leeteuk hyung volunteered.

“ANI! Ani! No hyung!!!” i exclaimed. No. Hyung is definitely not the best driver amongst us. “Can somebody else pick HyunAe up?” i asked the guys.

Our gaze landed on Kyuhyun who was busy checking out the magazines that i returned to Shindong hyung.

He looked up and rolled his eyes.

“Fine. I’ll pick her up.” he gave up.

*evil laugh from all of us*

Okay. Everything is settled then. 

 

+++++++++

one last.....