Chapter 14

I won't deny

 

Chapter 14 – Slip of the tongue

 

 

After the talk with Jessica, i somehow felt a little at peace. I no longer have to think about the issues surfacing the internet and my next tactics to prove them wrong about it. HyunAe is back to doing her stuff as usual, not hinting that we were dating to her colleagues.

“Where are you?” Teukie hyung asked over the phone. “Bring home some food. The fridge is totally empty from Shindong’s wrath.”

“I’m on my way home hyung. I’ll just get you guys the usual from the take-out store.” I told him and eventually went to the direction of the take-out place.

As i was on my way, I noticed the thing hanging on my rear view mirror. It was the necklace that HyunAe bought in the street market on our first 100 days.

It was simple, cheap, but totally memorable for me. I remember the saying ‘It’s the thought that counts’.

What if i didn’t go after her? Will i be this happy? Will i feel this way with someone else? With her by my side, i felt so secured. And knowing that i’m here for her makes me feel like i’m superman. I can give her everything, i can take care of her and most definitely, i’m here to protect her. Honestly, i don’t know how my life would go on if i don’t have HyunAe with me. I know it sounds cheesy, but yeah... she’s really something.

I love the simple things that she does. From as small as pouting whenever she doesn’t get what she wants, to usual holding hands, her smiling at me, to as big as her confessions when she thought i was sleeping. I love the way she pretends to be looking at some other things when i caught her looking at me. I love it when she confesses in front of me but replacing my name with some other things. I love the way she laugh like there’s no tomorrow. I love the way my hand fits hers. I love the feeling that all my problems were washed out the moment i saw her smiling face. Lastly, i just love her.

I kept on mumbling to myself when a light tap on my window interrupted my thoughts.  I’m already on the drive thru window.

“Sorry about that.” I told the lady on the counter. I laid out the boys usual orders. 2 meals for all of us except Shindong hyung.

“I’m sorry sir, but the spicy breaded pork with mushroom sauce is not available at the moment.” She stated.

I lightly scratched my head, 4 members ordered that one. I dialled Teukie hyung’s number to ask for what alternative would they want.

“Hey hyung, SBP is not available. What shall i get you guys?” i asked as soon as he picked up.

“We’ll have braised pork.” He stated. “Oh, and by the way, add one more meal for HyunAe.”

“HyunAe?” i asked with a knotted forehead. “What is my girlfriend doing there without me knowing?”

“Heechul passed by her office and asked her to come over to help him think about his clothes to be given out to Hongki and the rest of the AB line group.” He answered. “Hey, ppali. We’re hungry.” He added and hung up.

I put down my phone and was ready to give the alternative order when i noticed that the lady on the counter was no longer alone. She was accompanied by her co-worker, who happens to be a girl too. She’s holding her phone up, probably taking picture of me. But what bothered me the most were their reactions. They are both looking at me, wide eyed and stunned.

I snapped in front of their faces and smiled. “Hey.” I told them.

They went back to their usual self and i ordered the alternatives and additional meal for HyunAe.

After paying, i went to the other window and waiting for all my orders. As i was reaching for the paper bags full of food, the lady at the counter couldn’t help but gave me a crooked smile.

“Sir,” she called after handing over the last paper bag. “I’m happy that you’re dating HyunAe-sshi. I’m hoping that i’ll hear wedding bells for both of you, for real this time, soon. Congratulations. Enjoy your meal Sir, comeback again and take care while driving.”

What...? how...?i asked myself as i drive away from the take-out store.

My gaze finally landed on my dashboard. MY PHONE!

DAMN.