Chapter 17 - Trials

I won't deny

 

Chapter 17 – Trials

 

The news about our relationship spread out like fire with gas. Everywhere i go, people are looking at me as if I’m a criminal, some are even whispering to their friends or whoever they are with. Some people in the building that i’m working on that usually smiles at me or have conversations with are now starting to avoid me.

I don’t technically care. But the way they treat me is annoying and somehow getting to my nerves.

Finally, lunch break at the office arrived. I have my packed lunch, which Donghae cooked this morning that caused me to be late, so i don’t have to go down to the cafeteria. While eating, i don’t know why but i decided to surf the internet. I came across the numerous fan sites of SuperJunior. Sadly, the latest ones have hate comments, especially from Donghae’s fans.

There are some that are telling me to go get lost, that i’m not enough for Donghae. The smile that my face bears when i spooned down some of the lunch that he made, suddenly disappeared.

What struck me the most were the number of Donghae fans. They were decreasing madly. About a quarter or more than left the fandom because of what happened.

+++

“Chagi-ah, i’ll be late.” It was Donghae. He’s pertaining to the time that he’ll be picking me up.

“I can just go home all by myself.” I told him.

“You sure? I mean, i can just go now and be back late-.” He stated but i cut him off.

“No... no need. I’m fine. I’ll just take a cab.” I insisted. “I’ll be fine, promise. I’ll call you up when i got home.”

“Araso..” he finally admitted defeat. “Take care for me. I’ll call you later.” He added before he hung up.

I fixed my things and went down to the lobby.

The doorman was kind enough to offer to get a cab for me.

But 15 long minutes passed and still, there are no taxis available.

“Ahjusshi, i’ll just take the bus.” I told him and headed out. “Thank you.”

He smiled and walked me to the nearby bus stop.

Soon, a bus arrived, but it was packed with people and i had to stand up the whole ride home. I can sense that people are looking at me, especially high school girls.

“Tssch.” I can’t help but smirk at the situation.

Finally, i got down to my stop. A short more walk to my building.

I checked my mailbox first before heading to the elevator. There are about 5-10 letters.

+++

Most of my letters are my bills. But one letter caught my attention. There’s no return address. The back of the envelope was empty except for my name.

I have a bad feeling about this letter, but i still opened it as i sat down on my couch.

I instantly dropped the letter when i finally opened it.

Dead lizard + bloody letter.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++

SORRY about the late and short update... anyways, I won't deny will end soon. ;[