Lies

I won't deny

 

Chapter 8 – Lies

HyunAe’s POV

 

It has been months since we ‘broke’ up and started dating seriously. I was scared at first since we are no longer protected by the PDs and other staffs of the program and we are on our own. His fans might do something against me. We tried to hide it. I was the one who told him that we should be careful in going out and we should be out of his fans’ sight to avoid conflicts.

 

I thought everything is doing okay, fine and such, but then, there are news. We tried to ignore it for the better, but when the pictures and fan account came out, there’s nothing we can do about it. It was already out and people are starting to look for me online. It was a good thing that i moved out of my previous apartment and the new one hasn’t got out to the public yet.

 

“I’m here.” Donghae said as i picked up his call. “Are you on your way?”

 

“Yeahp, just a couple more blocks.” I replied.

 

“Okay. I’m at the usual seat. Take care araso?” he said.

 

“Hm...” i replied and nodded at the same time, as if he can see me.

 

As i came in the coffee shop, i immediately looked for Donghae, but he was not on our seat. Where the heck is he?

 

I walked to the seat and saw his things on the table. Knowing that he’s really sitting there, i sat down at the other chair.

 

“Hi Chagi.” I heard him say. I was about to greet him back when his lips sealed mine with a brief kiss. “How’s work?” he asked with a smile as he sat down.

 

“The usual,” i replied as his hands reached out for mine to hold on to and rub the back of my hand with his thumb without losing grip. “got new projects and stuff, but it was fun.”

 

“That’s good to hear. But don’t be stressed with work too much. You should have a rest too.” He reminded me. I nodded. He’s just too concern about things.

 

I carefully surveyed his face. Dark circles are now forming below his eyes and his shoulders are no longer looking firm. These late night dates are taking its toll on him slowly.

 

“Chagi-ah,” i called. He just looked at me. “Let’s go?”

 

“Where to?” he asked as he was confused his we just met 15 minutes ago.

 

“Home.” I told him and stood up.

 

“Wae? Why are we suddenly going home this early?” he asked, not yet budging from his seat.

 

“Aren’t you tired? You just came back from Thailand from a weekend full of activities. You should rest first.” Said, still standing and pulling him up.

 

“Let’s stay here a little longer please?” he pleaded. “I want to spend more time with you and this is the only time that we have.”

 

I finally gave up after hearing that from him. i’m used to staying up until morning and he’s not.

 

“Maybe we should cut off this night meeting Chagi.” I told him and his head snapped towards me in an instant. “No, i mean, maybe we should stop seeing each other at night for a few weeks first. You’re losing weight, you’ve got dark circles around your eyes. Chagi, you need sleep too. You need to rest. Okay?”

 

He just looked at me. I myself don’t want us to stop seeing each other at night. Because at night, we can somehow move as a normal couple wandering around the area, dating like the ones at our age. But i can’t be a selfish girlfriend. This late night dates will take Donghae sick. He’s not used to it. And i can’t to that. I can’t let him sacrifice something just for me.

 

“Araso.” He said and picked up his bag. “But i’ll drive you home.”

 

I couldn’t say no since he let me win the first one.

 

“You should take care of yourself Chagi..” i told him as we were cruising the empty highways of Seoul. “Your work requires you a lot of energy and that means rest. I can’t stand seeing you with that dark circles under your eyes. I’m the cause of that right? I was the reason why most of the days, you only have 3 hours of sleep.”

 

“No you’re not.” He answered without taking his gaze from the road. “When i told you about my plan, i already know that this will happen. I’m ready for this Chagi.”

 

“But...”

 

“No more buts.” He interrupted. “I will rest, would get at least 6-8 hours of sleep and we’ll still see each other 4 times a week.”

 

“But that’s still similar to your previous schedule.” I realized. He still wouldn’t get enough rest.

 

“But i want to see you always...”

 

“I want that too. But Chagi, you have to have some rest.”

 

“How about thrice a week?” he bargained.

 

He really wouldn’t give up that easily. It was as if he wanted something that he can never let go.

 

“Araso. But it can’t be 3 consecutive days.” I told him. and that would mean less time with him. i will miss him.

 

“But what if i missed you?”

 

“You can always call.”

 

Knowing that he wouldn’t win against me, he remained silent and continued driving.

 

“I’ll call you too if i missed you too.” I told him and leaned over to give him a light kiss on the lips which surprised him.

 

And we nearly hit the car right next to us. 

 

+++++++++++++++++

LOL. i can't think of a title that's why it was Lies. taken from Bigbang's song.

the chorus, english part.

hahaha corny, sorry.

 

I'm so sorry but i love you.