Chapter 16 - Together

I won't deny

 

Chapter 16 – together

HyunAe’s POV

 

I held on Donghae’s hand at the same tightness as his grip on mine. Technically, it was not his fault. It’s nobody’s fault. I couldn’t just let Donghae blame himself from what happened.

“Chagi...” i called. His face still looking at the hard wood floor, not wanting to look at anyone of us.

“I’m sorry.” He said for the third time.

I want to hug him to assure him that everything is fine, that it wasn’t his fault, that he doesn’t have to say he’s sorry, that i’m here for him throughout this thing, that we’ll face this together.

“Donghae,” Teukie oppa called. “We’re here for you.” He said with a smile. “Right boys?”

The boys agreed which made Donghae raise his head to look at them.

“Thank you hyungs, dongsaengs. I’m sorry guys. I’m really sorry.”

+++

“I’ll take you home.” Donghae whispered and stood up when the other members started going out of the dorm to go back to the other dorm.

“Donghae. Call us if someone bothers you okay?” Heechul oppa noted before we left.

Being the gentleman that he is, he was the one carrying my bag. His free hand was just hanging freely on his side.

Silence was all over us up until we reach the effin’ slow elevator. Situated a bit behind him, i wrapped my arms around his waist that made him look over. I pressed myself closer to him.

“I love you.” I whispered.

“I love you too.” He responded.

+++

“Come here.” Donghae called when we were about to part ways since we’re in front of my unit now.

I came closer to him just like what he wanted.

He opened his arms and i fit right in between them for another tight hug.

“We’ll get through this.” I told him as i look straight into his eyes.

“I know.” He stated and smiled.

“We’ll get through this. Together.” I repeated and tiptoed to seal it with a light kiss.

“You sure?” he asked after the kiss which somehow made me feel sad.

We’re a couple and yet, why does he have to face this thing regarding our relationship alone?

“I don’t want you to get hurt from the things some people might throw at us.” He uttered when he noticed that my expression changed.

“I know...” i replied. “But this is about us Chagi...”

“Araso...” he stated as i felt as his lips on my forehead. “By the way, i’ll take you tomorrow to and from work. Some people might, you know, in public transport.”

“Donghae.” I protested.

“Please? I just want you to be safe.” He insisted like if i don’t comply with it, he’ll cry. Kidding aside.

I nodded. “If i’m late for work, it’ll be your fault.”

“Why is it mine?”

“Because you’re such a heavy sleeper.” I replied and opened my door.

“I’m not!”

“Yes you are.” I countered and laughed as he scratched the back of his head. My finger went up and flicked the tip of his nose. “Call me up when you got back to the dorm arachi?”

“Yes ma’am.” He responded and laughed. Somehow the heavy feeling from what happened was lifted off. I turned around to be free from his hug and to finally go to the other side of the door. “I’ll go now. Lock your door.”

I nodded and smiled.

But just before he walked away, he turned back to face me and gave me another peck on the lips.

“Goodnight.” He muttered before running to the elevator. “I love you.”

I went inside my unit with a smile plastered on my face.

We’ll get through this. We’ll survive. Together.