Desires that Come True

TWICE Short Stories - Dahyun x Chaeyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fantasy, Slight comedy, Violence, Romanace

Characters:

Dahyun - Daughter of God

Chaeyoung, Jihyo and Jeongyeon - God's servents

 

 

...___...___...___...___...

 

"Can't someone have nicer desires?" Jeongyeon grumbled while cocking her handguns.

 

"Oh... A zombie apocalypse today?" Chaeyoung hopped onto the spot beside Jeongyeon.

 

"Looks like we have some work cut out for us." Jihyo commented and materialized a hammer out from thin air.

 

The three looked at each other and nodded before Jeongyeon and Jihyo hopped off the skyscraper and down towards the hordes of zombies. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung swung her sniper around from her back and jumped over the gaps in between the buildings, giving cover from above.

 

Jeongyeon shot one in the head and turned around, crushing the skull of the other with the of her gun. Spotting another charging towards her from the back, she twisted her body and delivered a roundhouse kick, mutilating the undead with her metallic tip boots.

 

Jihyo's sledgehammer was slow but very effective. With one swing, she could disable a maximum of 3 zombies but when given time to channel her power, she could send the hammer flying like a boomerang. However, when she does that, it meant that she would have no weapon for that period of time. This was where Chaeyoung's role is most important. Perched on the top of a building, she got into her prone position, the most stable position, and started to snipe the zombies that got to near to Jihyo or Jeongyeon.

 

The three of them pushed forward to their end goal, which is the house on the top of the hill.

 

Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Jihyo made a run for it. Kicking down the house's door, Jeongyeon ushered the other two inside before slamming it shut. Chaeyoung scrambled to find heavy objects to hold the door with while Jihyo charged up the stairs to find the person that was causing all of this.

 

"Ya! Wake up! Kim Dahyun, wake up!" Jihyo yelled as she shook her vigorously.

 

"Mm? Oh? Jihyo~" Dahyun hummed while reaching out and burying her face in between her .

 

"Swo swoft~" Dahyun hummed.

 

Jihyo grit her teeth and tightened the grip around her hammer.

 

"Kim. Da. Hyun!"

 

"AH! Owie..." she cried while rubbing her forehead.

 

Jihyo didn't even give Dahyun time to recover before dragging her to the window and forcing her to look out.

 

Dahyun gave the ferocious looking girl her a terrified chuckle before scrambling to go get her crucifix. Opening the window, she placed her hands together and started to utter a prayer.

 

"Creatures of the undead, with the power invested in me, I compel you!" A burst of bright light illuminated from Dahyun and dawned upon the whole city.

 

"Go back to where you came from. Reset the work like it was." Dahyun commanded.

 

The snarls of the zombies got softer and the pounding on the door subsided. By the time the radiant light vanished, a not trace of destruction was left.

 

Jihyo heaved a sigh of relief and met up with Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon who were putting things back to their original places.

 

"Finally..." Jeongyeon heaved a sigh of relieve and dusted her hands.

 

"Don't you desire anything good?" Jihyo spat causing Dahyun to Dahyun flinch and hide behind Jeongyeon.

 

"Sorry but I'm not on your side either." Jeongyeon snickered and flicked Dahyun on the forehead, at the exact spot where Jihyo hit.

 

Dahyun hissed in pain and ran to the last person she could count on.

 

"Chaeyounggggg they are being mean to me!" Dahyun whined while wrapping her hands around Chaeyoung to shield herself from Jeongyeon's attack attempts.

 

Chaeyoung didn't react. She just let herself get dragged around, all the while maintaining the indifferent look on her face.

 

Dahyun is the Daughter of God neared by a human Mother. She took the form of a human but had powers of her Father. The reason they placed her on earth was to train her to protect one of the many planted that her Father looked after.

 

Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Chaeyoung were high-ranking officers of the holy army and they were handed the task to protect the Daughter of his holiness.

 

Dahyun had a power where the things she desired for would come true, thus explaining the horde of zombies out of nowhere. Furthermore, the three deities do not stay around her 24/7. This is actually one of the days where they came to look for her with a motive.

 

"What?! School?!" Dahyun exclaimed.

 

"Don't seem so shock. People your age would be in their second year already." Jihyo commented.

 

"I don't want to go to school... it's boring and the life out of you..." Dahyun grumbled.

 

"That's what they all say on the internet. School is fun. You get to learn so many things about what the humans learn." Jeongyeon explained.

 

"Sounds boring to me." Dahyun huffed before lying back down on her bed.

 

"You are going to school one way or another. Those are your father's orders." Jihyo added.

 

"Whatever!" Dahyun yelled and stuck her tongue out before wrapping herself up with her blanket.

 

The next day, Dahyun found herself sitting in class. Jihyo and Jeongyeon had come over and pried her out of the bed and into school. Lesson hasn't even started but she was already feeling like death. Luckily for her, she and Chaeyoung were in the same class.

 

During the break time, Dahyun would go look for Chaeyoung and sit beside her but in silence.

 

"H-hey... umm Chaeyoung..." Dahyun uttered.

 

"Yes you holi-"

 

"Don't call me that here! Call me Dahyun." She whispered.

 

Dahyun removed her hand only when Chaeyoung gave her a nod in agreement.

 

"So... as I was saying... want to be partners? S-so you know... for the upcoming projects." Dahyun asked.

 

Chaeyoung stared at her blankly be fore turning her head away.

 

"Chaeyoung!" Dahyun frowned.

 

"I'll think about it." Chaeyoung said.

 

Dahyun was persistent. She would go ask Chaeyoung to partner up with her but the latter would just give her an ambiguous answer and then go back to her daydreaming.

 

Dahyun decided to ask Chaeyoung one last time. But again, her efforts were fruitless.

 

"Why won't you accept my request?!" Dahyun yelled.

 

"Answer me Son Chaeyoung!" Dahyun demanded.

 

"I foresee myself doing all the work. I want to partner someone who c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter