Back Together

TWICE Short Stories - Dahyun x Chaeyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Cr: to the person who took this awesome photo of them! Missing Chaeda nowadays

2018

 

Dahyun just managed to win a wrestle against her traveller's pack and rewarded herself with a rest. She sat on the edge of the small hotel room's bed staring at the wall before she reached for a small zipper and fished out a picture of her and a short-haired girl smiling happily while standing side by side. While looking at it, she smiled bitterly as the memories of their 5 year relationship ran through her head and ended in flames. The grip on the picture tightened; after a year, she still couldn't get over the break up. Dahyun is now 21 and is on a mission to travel the world after her friends told her to take a vacation to forget about Chaeyoung.

 

Why they broke up was because it didn't work out. Their relationship was like any other fairytale at first but it slowly turned dull. It felt as if they were holding each other back from doing what they loved most to make the other party happy. Soon, affection became tolerance and disagreements were followed with arguments. One day, they just sat down and questioned their 5 year relationship together. Was it worth it? How did we fall in love? Do you still love me?

 

Thus, Dahyun ended up leaving the country while Chaeyoung found someone new; someone who could love and understand her more than Dahyun. The last thing Dahyun heard about Chaeyoung was that she and Mina were living happily together.

 

She kept the picture safely in her bag again before fishing out her phone to send a text to her chatter group on where she was headed to next (Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Jihyo were in that group of friends). She made a few last checks before hauling the heavy backpack onto her shoulders. She took a deep breath, smiled and cheered herself up. Her next stop; Malaysia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 2017

 

Chaeyoung bit her lips as her quavering hands lowered on to the cake. She wanted the strawberry to be placed as precisely as possible on top of the whip cream that she managed to save after messing up thrice. The other reason the hopeless cook was willing to do this was because it was the 8th month of her relationship with Mina and she wanted to make it a special surprise for her. She heaved a sigh of relief as she looked at her final product. She was kind of proud of herself for making something edible for the first time. She then washed her hands and removed the flour stained apron and as she looked at the time, she frowned, Mina was supposed to be home 10 minutes ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giggles filled the corridor of a little motel before the door was kicked open by a blonde carrying a brunette on her hips. The blonde kicked the door close before dumping the brunette on the bed with the stench of alcohol quickly filling the room. The brunette looked at the blonde seductively with leg's spread and luring her over. The blonde bit her lip and wasted no time taking off her tank top and shorts before pouncing on the girl. They were in the middle of a hot make out session when Mina's phone rang. Momo was a bit disappointed that their session was interrupted and pulled away reluctantly so the latter could pic it up.

 

"No... Don't go..." Mina groaned once she felt the latter's lips leave hers.

 

MM: Pick it up first, alright?

 

MI: No...

 

MM: It's getting annoying...

 

Mina sighed in frustration and switched her phone off before pulling Momo back down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina fumbled with the locks to her apartment with her semi sober state. The night with Momo drained all her energy but she knew the last thing she needed was Chaeyoung screaming at her again. It was 11pm when she returned so she thought Chaeyoung would be asleep. She was wrong. Waiting on the sofa with her arms crossed, was a fuming girl with a cold stare that threatened to kill the latter.

 

CY: Where were you?

 

MI: You know… work... just out... Chae-

 

CY: You went drinking?!

 

MI: Chaeyoung not now please...

 

While she looked at Mina with rage burning in her eyes, she spotted something. She walked towards her and pulled her shirt aside. And that was when realization hit her. Her grip tightened on the latter's shirt; Chaeyoung lowered her head and trembled with anger while Mina gulped in fear. She tried to pull Chaeyoung away but the latter snapped and started shaking the latter.

 

CY: WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

 

MI: Chae...

 

CY: I BET IT WAS THAT BLONDE! You think I don’t know?!

 

MI: Let go...

 

CY: NO!

 

"SON CHAEYOUNG!" Mina grabbed the latter's wrist and pushed her away, causing her to stumble but luckily the couch caught her fall.

 

MI: Look. hasn't been good nowadays okay?! Why did I want to cheat? Because she is better!

 

CY: HOW?! How is that Japanese better than I am?!

 

MI: Because she has progress!

 

CY: And I don't?...

 

"No." Mina deadpanned. "I want progress in a relationship. Not to take it SOOOOO slowly! We don't even share a ing bed for Christ sake!"

 

CY: But I told you! I just got out of a relationship!

 

MI: Then you shouldn't have accepted me if you weren't ready.

 

Chaeyoung couldn't believe what she was hearing. Mina was the one who was willing to wait and help her through the breakup but apparently she waited for too long. Chaeyoung stared at Mina for a while before running to the room to pack her bags. She just couldn't stay in this hellhole anymore. Realizing what she had done, Mina went after Chaeyoung, trying to stop her from leaving. But the latter shook her hand off and stormed out of the house with her things. Mina lay on the couch and took a swing out of the beer bottle; she didn't chase after Chaeyoung. She thought that she would come home in a few days like that last few times when they fought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Week Later

 

MI: Hello Tzuyu, how is Chaeyoung?

 

TY: What? I don't know, she's your girlfriend not mine.

 

MI: W-well... She's not talking to me so I wonder if you could help me convince her to come home...

 

TY: Don't tell me you two fought again.

 

MI: And I was wrong so please help me...

 

TY: I wish I could but she's not with me, maybe you can try Jihyo?

 

MI: You do know why I called you first right?

 

TY: You deserve the scolding that she's going to give you.

 

MI: Arasseo arasseo... Thanks anyways.

 

And it turns out, Jihyo did scold the out of Mina but Chaeyoung wasn't with her. This made Mina and Jihyo worried because Chaeyoung would either go to Tzuyu or Jihyo's place when she needs to vent. But now no one knows where the little lion had ran off to. Tzuyu tried calling her while Tzuyu and Mina tested her but Chaeyoung's phone was off.

 

Chatter

 

 

 

TY: Chaeyoung

TY: Chaeyoung Chaeyoung

TY: Chaeyoung stop. This prank ain't funny.

TY: Chaeyoung!

TY: Chae

TY: Chae!

 

JH: You couldn't do that privately?

 

TY: Do you want to find her or not?

 

DH: Whoa... What's with the spam... Anyways, I just arrived in Japan! Got my WIFI and is now n the way to Sana unnie's place~

 

JH: Happy for you Dahyun but we have more important matters at hand.

 

DH: What happened to Chae?

 

JH: She quarrelled with Mina again and has been MIA for a week now...

 

DH: Again?!

 

TY: I can't reach her... Called her Brother, she went home yesterday but left last night.

 

JH: To where?

 

TY: Don't know, she just told her family she's going to leave for a long while...

 

DH: Maybe this time she needs alone time... Like me. Guys, don't worry alright, she's 19 and going to be an adult. And I'm sure she can take care of herself better than any of us.

 

JH: We need to launch a missing person's report!

 

TY: You are worrying too much woman. Calm down. Maybe Dahyun is right...

 

JH: But still... I'm wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter