The Bodyguard

TWICE Short Stories - Dahyun x Chaeyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

TWICE was the hottest girl group in Korea now because of their charm and singing ability. Even though they were not the best vocal group, JYPE promotes more on the morals than the skill. The group consisted of:

 

Jihyo: Main vocal; Leader

Nayeon: Main/ Lead vocal; visual

Jeongyeon: Lead vocal; Girl crush

Momo: Vocal, Lead rapper; In charge of Aegyo

Chaeyoung: Vocal, Main rapper; No jam

 

This was currently their 4th year of debut and there were going to have their comeback in a few months time. Since the girls' popularity grew, so did their fan base and the number of sasaeng fans. Thus JYPE have decided to hire a bodyguard for them because the warnings didn't manage to stop some of the sasaengs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Dahyun was currently working at a bodyguard firm. After working as a spy for the government and on the FBI, she had decided to retire from those kinds of jobs to do something easier. Even though her background was kept a secret by the government, she managed to become the ace through her skills, all thanks to Somi, her combat teacher during her time training to be a spy and agent. It wasn't a surprise that she was hired to protect one of the most popular Kpop groups in Korea.

 

Dahyun reported for work at JYPE. Even though she has earned enough money to buy a fifth of the JYPE building, she still dresses really simply; black ripped jeans, a simple tee and leather jacket with her red hair bummed up neatly. She wasn't really a materialistic person. She was the. Taken to the room where Twice and their Managers were waiting. Upon her entry, the girls were very respectful and stood up to greet her as she greeted them back. People would think Dahyun was lucky to meet the popular girl group but having worked for various government officials. It left Dahyun unfazed.

 

They girls started introducing each other one by one and were followed by their managers before Dahyun introduced herself, making sure the military accent doesn't come out to make the atmosphere less tense. This was how her first day went; and of course, Dahyun doesn't live with the girls. She had gotten an apartment a few blocks away from their dorm, about a few minutes' drive.

 

Being a guard for the girl had its perks, Dahyun could get free plane rides again. The last time she had one was when she was working as a spy. Back then they even had private jets. TWICE was scheduled to perform in Japan along with 2PM and Dahyun had to accompany the girls. In the flight, Jeongyeon and Momo, Nayeon and Chaeyoung, sat together so Jihyo volunteered to sit with Dahyun. The leader was really friendly and managed to keep both of their conversations going before Dahyun notices the tired in her eyes and insisted the latter to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twice was back in the waiting room after their whole performance. They collaborated with 2PM on 'Put Your Hands Up' and singing 'Ooh-Ahh' and 'Cheer Up' along with 'TT'. While waiting for the closing ceremony, all the members managed to strike a conversation with their new body guard, learning her age and interests.

 

NY: Heol! She's 22! Now I feel old...

 

JY: You are!

 

MM: Jeongyeon, you are just a year younger than her...

 

JH: So are you, Hirai Momo nim...

 

Everyone burst out laughing at the accidental self diss but Dahyun noticed one member who just giggled at her unnie's conversation before shifting her gaze back to her phone.

 

At the hotel, the managers helped the girls check in and assigned them to the rooms by their roommate order back in the dorm. Sadness manager wasn't there with them for this trip, so Dahyun volunteered to be in the same room as the maknae if she didn't mind. It was quite awkward in the room at first but sensing the situation, Dahyun decided to start a conversation with her.

 

DH: So... I heard you're a rapper and singer? Do you like rapping more?

 

CY: Mhmm... I feel more comfortable rapping...

 

DH: Ahh... So... Do you write your own lyrics?

 

CY: Sometimes? I couple of songs in the new album was written by me.

 

DH: That's good.

 

CY: ... What about you, unnie? Do you listen to songs?

 

DH: Yup, I listen to you guys too... Sometimes.

 

CY: Out of all of us, do you have a Favourite member?

 

DH: W-well... I have a thing for rappers and cute girls... I Guess Momo unnie?

 

Chaeyoung formed an 'O' with and nodded her head.

 

"I'm sorry-" Dahyun blurted, causing Chaeyoung to giggle and reassure Dahyun that she was not angry or anything. Dahyun then left Chaeyoung in the room to do her duty. She decided to patrol the place for the next hour before going to sleep. But as she turned the corner from her room, a boy emerged from the storage area. Dahyun stopped and backtracked, looking at the empty alley way before walking away.

 

Chaeyoung backed away while a random boy entered the room. When he saw her, he had a big smile on his face and wanted to approach her. But before he could even take a step in, Dahyun had already put his hand behind his back, on the ground. After the incident, the members and managers were there to question the youngest while another manager was reprimanding Dahyun.

 

CY: Oppa, it's not her fault... I was careless and let him in...

 

DH: Don't scold her, it was my fault for not being vigilant enough...

 

She made mistakes but letting the boy slip in was a failure to her. Dahyun closed the door behind her to see a disappointed girl sitting on her own bed.

 

DH: Are you okay?

 

CY: Yea... I'm sorry...

 

"Aniya, it's fine!" Dahyun plastered a huge smile across her face hoping to cheer the girl up. Seeing no change in the latter's mood, Dahyun took a phone and searched for a song.

 

"When I'm sad, I will always dance to this... Ah! Here!" Chaeyoung raised her head once she heard "dance". When the song played, Chaeyoung immediately identified it as '와' by Lee Jeonghyun. She couldn't help but to burst out laughing at how hard the latter was dancing to the song. Not Long after, she heard the door knocking an a manger told her to lower down their volume. They both froze on the spot and apologized and after the coast was clear, they were laughing into a pillow to muffle their voices.

 

DH: Feeling better? Let's go to sleep now, you have the second day of concert to go.

 

Chaeyoung nodded and both girls tucked themselves in.

 

CY: Dahyun Unnie?

 

DH: Hmm?

 

CY: Thank you~

 

Dahyun smiled and snuggled against her pillow and slept.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When twice doesn't have any events, Dahyun gets the day off. On days where the members had separate schedules, she would accompany the group that had more members. This was probably why Chaeyoung was bored all the time; because Dahyun couldn't entertain her.

 

Chaeyoung was still schooling so the company wanted her to complete her studies before entertaining her possibly endless schedules. Chaeyoung liked to hang out with Dahyun because it was less awkward since their was small. Not that she was awkward with her members but she feels more comfortable with someone of her age.

 

Chaeyoung was the happiest around Dahyun and the managers noticed that. But they thought nothing about it. She was overjoyed when Dahyun was scheduled to accompany her to a school festival, which JYPE had gladly allowed her to attend. The bodyguard managed to fit into one of Chaeyoung's uniforms and off they went into the school to enjoy the various booths. On their way around, many students requested to take pictures with her. It wasn't that Chaeyoung didn't want to take pictures, she would love to have a picture with all of them but she just wanted to enjoy the day with Dahyun. Seeing the uncomfort written all over the girl's face, Dahyun stepped in and gripped the girl tightly by her hand.

 

"Okay everyone. No more pictures, Chaeyoung would like to enjoy her time here. I hope you guys understand that." Dahyun said with the icy glare that managed to disperse the crowd. She dragged the star to the nearby toilet and asked if she was okay. The latter nodded, making Dahyun smile and they both enjoyed he rest of the day without problems. After the day ended, the two girls went to get some milkshakes and sat at the pick up point of the now almost empty school.

 

DH: So did you have fun?

 

"Of course! With

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter