Heal Me

TWICE Short Stories - Dahyun x Chaeyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SYN: Dahyun helping Chaeyoung to get over her breakup

 

“Another!” Chaeyoung slammed the cup on the bar demanding for another shot of the strongest drink they had that day. Jeongyeon could only shake her head as she placed down the glass that she was polishing and gave Chaeyoung what she wanted before walking to her other friends who came to the bar with the broken girl.

 

JY: How many weeks had it been? She’s not over the ballerina yet?

 

Jihyo sulked and shook her head she watched the girl take another swing from her glass.

 

JH: Jeongyeon, do you have any staff discounts? I have no idea how to pay for all the drinks…

 

JY: Is 10% enough?

 

JH: Is helping you to clean the bar a way to pay?

 

“Don’t worry, your ATM is here.” Jeongyeon used her head to motion to Jihyo towards the entrance where Dahyun just entered. Jihyo raised her hand and gave a wave so the latter could waste lesser time looking around for them. By now, people were starting to leave the bar so they called Dahyun over to help drive all of them back to the dorm of their university.

 

DH: Will you stop taking her here Jihyo? And you, aren’t you a bartender? Control the drinks you give to her…

 

JH: I wish I could but she got here on her own this time…

 

JY: And it’s my job to serve drinks…

 

Jeongyeon placed the last cup back into the rack before helping Jihyo carry the drunken girl out of the bar. Jihyo cursed as she hurried Jeongyeon to lockup the bar because she might drop Chaeyoung any sooner. Jeongyeon quickly supported her and carried her to meet Dahyun, who had drove the car over to the roadside.

 

“Use this.” Dahyun said as she handed a thick stack of newspapers with plastic bags with it. They knew what to do because it was like a daily routine nowadays. Jihyo would place the newspaper on the seat and the floor with the plastic bag opened and ready while Jeongyeon held the latter up. Dahyun made them do it for the next few days ever since Chaeyoung threw up in her car.

 

Grunts and the squeaking of shoes could be heard as the three friends hauled Chaeyoung back into the dorm she shared with Dahyun. They immediately carried her to the bathroom and placed her in the tub while spraying her down using the showerhead to wash the vomit residue off her. Jeongyeon and Jihyo don’t usually curse but they picked it up recently after Chaeyoung and Mina’s breakup. Both of them had to clean Chaeyoung up while Dahyun went back downstairs armed with sanitizers, car fresheners and gloves to get rid of the smell in her car.

 

“Ahhhh! Ahh! Jesus!” Dahyun grunted as she hauled her materials and tired body back to her dorm. She immediately crashed on the couch and was later joined by Jihyo and Jeongyeon with 3 bottles of cold cola instead of beer because all of them were already sick of it.

 

DH: You placed her in her room already?

 

JY: Yea… She threw up again when we were cleaning her up.

 

DH Sorry to trouble you guys again…

 

JH: Nah, it’s nothing… But I’m worried about her…

 

JY: What exactly happened with her and Mina? Remember the first time they broke up? They patched up after a while though…

 

DH: Well… Whatever you know, there was more to it. Mina actually broke up with her because of her dance president…

 

Flashback

 

Mina and Momo were left in the dance studio after all the others left. Mina was packing up when she felt a pair of hand snake around her waist and pulled her close. Momo then combed her hair away and planted kisses on the latter’s neck but Mina removed her hands away.

 

MI: Momo we cant do this…

 

Momo pressed herself on to Mina again and bit her earlobe. But instead of pushing her away, Mina turned and placed her hands around the latter’s waist.

 

“You have a weird way of attracting people you know?” Mina purred before giving in to the temptation and leaning in to kiss her.

 

Flashback end

 

DH: But Chaeyoung didn’t tell Mina she was coming for a surprise Mina… She saw them making out and lost it…

 

JY: Sad…

 

DH: it’s getting late now guys, you guys better go back to your dorms!

 

Dahyun thanked them for coming and sent them out, since their dorms ere on the same floor. Dahyun then walked into Chaeyoung’s room to check on her before sleeping. When Chaeyoung woke up, she found herself with a bad headache. But her focus was cut off by a nice smell coming from the kitchen. Chaeyoung got up and dragged her groggy self to the counter where she sat with her chin on her palms and eyes barely opening.

 

DH: How are you feeling?

 

CY: Hmm? Okay? Just a little headache…

 

DH: Little? You were knocked out last night. Here, drink this.

 

Dahyun gave her a bowl of hangover soup and warned her that it was hot. Dahyun dragged the stool out and sat on the opposite of her. As Chaeyoung was focused on blowing her soup, Dahyun’s eyes fell on the latter, even with the messy hair that was combed to one side, baggy tee-shirt and pale plump lips, she was still beautiful in her eyes – If only the latter knew.

 

As Chaeyoung was sipping on her soup, she realised that the latter seemed to be staring at her. With her head still lowered, she shifted her gaze up to see Dahyun in a daze. Chaeyoung chuckled, looked up and smirked.

 

CY: What are you looking at Kim Dahyun?

 

Dahyun immediately snapped back to reality and stuttered an excuse before chasing Chaeyoung to go change before they were late for school. Dahyun doesn’t show it but she enjoyed seeing Chaeyoung in her school uniform and blazer; she just has a thing for uniforms. The school didn’t really care about bottoms so they could wear skirts or long pants as long as they fit into the school’s dress code.

 

When they entered, the first thing Chaeyoung saw was Mina running towards Momo. Dahyun saw that the latter had her brows knitted together and looked in the direction where she was looking at before realizing.

 

“Hey! I’m hungry, let’s go to the cafeteria~” Before Chaeyoung could even protest, Dahyun was already dragging her away towards the direction of the cafeteria which was located at another building separate from the school.

 

CY: Dahyun… Dahyun…. Dahyun!

 

Chaeyoung stopped and shook Dahyun’s hand off.

 

DH: What’s the matter?

 

CY: I’m fine… you didn’t need to do that.

 

DH: I was just trying to help...

 

Chaeyoung wanted to lash out at Dahyun but as she looked at the apologetic look, she realised that it wasn’t the latter’s fault at all. She didn’t even know why she was directing her anger at an innocent girl.

 

“Forget it…” Chaeyoung sighed as she stuffed her hands in her jeans and walked away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun was persistent to stop the latter from drinking. After school, she quickly ran downstairs to Chaeyoung’s class and waited for her to take her back to the dorm.

 

CY: No, I want to go out for a walk.

 

DH: To the bar?

 

CY: …

 

DH: Chaeyoung, if you continue, you will have a drinking problem! Is this the only way you can deal with your broken self?!

 

CY: So what?!

 

DH: What do you mean so what?! You trouble me, Jeongyeon and Jihyo every single night!

 

CY: I never told you guys to help me. Just leave me there then! You do your things and I do my things!

 

Jeongyeon and Jihyo knew those voices echoing down the hallway and rushed there to see Dahyun and Chaeyoung having an argument while some students stayed to watch. Before Dahyun could raise her hand to hit her, Jeongyeon gripped her wrist and pulled her back. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and walked away, putting her friends’ calls on death ears.

 

The bar was about to closed again and Jihyo called Dahyun but she refused to come.

 

DH: Just leave her there. I don’t care.

 

JH: Dahyun…

 

DH: I don’t care!

 

Dahyun abruptly hung up and threw her phone away. She took a deep breath and locked her eyes with the TV but burst into a scream as she took her car keys and headed out.

 

JH: I knew you wouldn’t leave her here~

 

DH: Argh… just get her in…

 

The next morning when Chaeyoung woke up, she smelled soup again but this time, it only reminded her of how badly she treated Dahyun yesterday. She was planning to apologize but when she went to the kitchen, there was a note attached on to the surface telling Chaeyoung to heat the soup herself. She pressed the start button and then stood in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter