Fight Club

TWICE Short Stories - Dahyun x Chaeyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Synopsis: Son Chaeyoung and Kim Dahyun were infamous fighters in the underground boxing scene. However, Dahyun failed to show up for their huge fight.

 

Tags: Violence, Boxing, romance (subtext), Dram, Angst

 

The sharp chime of the bell signified the starting of the boxing match. In the basement of a large mansion was a boxing ring called, Fight Club, where fans of the art paid to cheer and support their favorite fighter. The turnout rate was more than usual because it was the long awaited match between two infamous underground fighters, Son Chaeyoung and Kim Dahyun.

 

Son Chaeyoung was an 18-year-old high-scholar. During the day, she may seem like a normal girl surrounded by friends but none of them knew about the other side of her at night. Boxing has it’s down side, that is that she always gets hurt somewhere whole practicing sparring. These things would lead to suspicion but knowing that Chaeyoung was highly involved in the track and field club, they didn't think much of the bruises she has on her arms and legs.

 

Chaeyoung started boxing to grow stronger to defend herself. When she was in middle school, she was bullied and the fact that she couldn't defend herself made her feel pathetic. One day, she stumbled upon a flyer of an underground boxing match. Being free at the time, she decided to go observe. That was when her interest for the empowering sport ignited.

 

On the other hand, Kim Dahyun was raised in a family that was very well off. She was dressed in the most expensive clothes and sent to the best schools in Korea. Furthermore, she knew how to play the piano since she was four years old and had won many trophies for her family. Many people who looked at Dahyun and her family would think that they were perfect but that was not the case.

 

Instead of happiness, Dahyun hated the place. She felt too protected and because of her status, she lost real friends and got fake and obnoxious ones. Dahyun wanted to break free from this perfect world and lord blessed her with the flyer to an underground boxing match. She kept trainings a secret from her parents and covered the bruises with makeup or long-sleeved clothes. She did it so well that her parents had not found out for a good number of years.

 

Dahyun was 16 and Chaeyoung was 15 when they had their first match. They were both maxing fighters for their age and people started to focus their attention on the new youngsters. The reason why the two hated each other so much was still unclear. Some say that Dahyun had gossiped about Chaeyoung and others said that Chaeyoung didn't like Dahyun because she looked too cocky.

 

Both of them had 10 matches in total and the number of wins and losses were a draw. Recently, they got into an argument again and ended up challenging each other to another match.

 

Chaeyoung was just causally training when Dahyun made an insensitive comment that put her on edge.

 

"Oh? Are you angry already?" Dahyun teased while putting on her signature yellow gloves.

 

"Why are you always trying to pick a fight? You're being such and obnoxious princess." Chaeyoung fired.

 

"Well, at least I didn't get my bullied like the pathetic girl in front of me." Dahyun shot back.

 

"At least I don't have fake friends." Chaeyoung hissed before taking a swing at Dahyun.

 

Luckily, Dahyun had fast reactions and was able to dodge the punch. Chaeyoung went in of another but again, Dahyun ducked and dodged it. Chaeyoung attempted a few more punches and the last one gave Dahyun a chance to strike. Having identified Chaeyoung's new fights pattern, she waited for the right opportunity before giving the latter an uppercut.

 

Chaeyoung was immediately knocked down. Dahyun wasted no time pouncing on top of her and holding her down.

 

"Get off me!" Chaeyoung grunted.

 

"Not until you apologize." Dahyun hummed.

 

"You started it first, ." Chaeyoung spat.

 

Dahyun sent a punch against Chaeyoung's gut, causing the air to be knocked out of her.

 

"Don't be rude little lady." Dahyun warned with a sinister smile.

 

"Alright, let's settle this once and for all. The next match will determine who will be the strongest in the underground boxing world. And if I win, you have to publicly apologize to me." Dahyun said.

 

"And what's in it for me!" Chaeyoung huffed.

 

"If you win, I'll publicly apologize to you and you will claim the title of best underground boxer." Dahyun said.

 

"Best...?" Chaeyoung uttered.

 

Dahyun never clarified what she meant. She got up and headed to the punching bag to start her training. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was still confused. Boxing was a sport where people continuously challenge each other. One day you may be the best and the other you are the worst. But the way Dahyun phrased it made it sounded as though the match that they were going to have was final. Chaeyoung decided not to give much though and continued with her training schedule.

 

.

 

Giving it all in the last set for the day, Chaeyoung fell into the ground breathing heavily due to the intense workout session. She was sore everywhere but it was that feeling that pushed her to train harder.

 

Now coming to think of it, she had not seen Dahyun around lately. The girl used to come every 2 days to train but now she comes in every other day. It wasn't like a professional boxer like her to do this. It only made Chaeyoung angry because it seemed like Dahyun was taking her very lightly.

 

"But then again, a rich girl like her would have her own training room..." Chaeyoung uttered while looking at the water droplets that had formed on her cold bottle of water.

 

“Argh… Why am I even thinking about her…”

 

.

 

There was 6 months of practice time before their fight and 2 had passed. Chaeyoung was doing her usual routine of heading to the training ring at the mansion when a horn blared.

 

She snapped her head around to see a black limousine stopping by the road. The windows were rolled down to reveal a girl in her prestigious school uniform.

 

"Kim Dahyun?" Chaeyoung uttered.

 

"You're heading there too right? Hop in." She offered.

 

"No thanks." Chaeyoung bluntly declined.

 

"If we reach earlier, maybe we can spar a little before our personal training schedules." Dahyun said.

 

Chaeyoung thought about it before reluctantly agreeing.

 

During the fight, she could notice that Dahyun was not as strong as before, which was kind of unusal. However, that didn't mean that she would go soft on her. Chaeyoung threw powerful punches at the girl who struggled to block all of them. But because she was concentrating too hard, she didn't see Chaeyoung's left hand heading towards her gut.

 

Dahyun doubled over and dropped onto her knees, coughing and fading for air while Chaeyoung looked down at her with a dirty glare.

 

"What's gotten into you?" She hissed.

 

Dahyun didn't answer.

 

Chaeyoung gripp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter