Military

TWICE Short Stories - Dahyun x Chaeyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Based on the TPL DOTS parody episode

 

 

"Master Sergeant Kim, I know you have shown remarkable abilities on the battle field and when training the soldiers but I don't want you being with my daughter." The chief said as he stared at the soldier sternly. The relationship between the sergeant and lieutenant did not manage to escape the latter's father's eyes. As he hurled demoralizing comments at her, she bit the inside of her lip and ties to hold in the tears. 

 

"Now get out." He said. Dahyun saluted and left. Chaeyoung was walking with a skip in her step after finishing the field training she recently took up so she could be cool like her lover, handling guns and camping at places. But as she turned the corner, she saw her walking out of her father's office with a grim look on her face. 

 

"Dahyunnie-" 

 

"Salute! Good day Second Lieutenant Son." She said in a cold tone, which took Chaeyoung her by surprise. 

 

"Ya, why are you-"

 

"If there is nothing else, I will take my leave now." She said and left before the latter could protest. Chaeyoung furrowed her brows and stormed towards her father's office.  

 

"What did you say to her." She demanded trying to hide her anger.

 

"I don't want you two to be together." 

 

"Why? Just because she is not good enough?!" 

 

"Watch your tone young lady. Don't make me give you punishment!" 

 

"I hate you!" Chaeyoung blurted and stormed out of the office while ignoring her father's shouts for her to come back. The lieutenant tried her best to contact the latter but failed. She smashed the hang up button on her phone and stormed angrily towards the admin office. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sana carried Dahyun's 5th cup of coffee to her table and since there were not many customers, the barista decided to take a seat with her troubled looking friend.

 

"At this rate, you are going to use up all my coffee beans." She joked but obviously the latter wasn't in the mood.

 

"Are you trying to chase me away too?..." she said with a hint of sadness as she stared at the swirling liquid in her cup. Sana stopped her and took the spoon away from her. 

 

"Coffee is nice when it's at the right temperature. Drink up and forget about it. I wonder why you still want to be together with her even though you can't." Sana shook her head and crossed her arms. 

 

Dahyun didn't answer. She looked out of the window and thought about it; even if she was willing to let go, Chaeyoung wouldn't allow it because of a stupid reason. Suddenly, a familiar beep sounded from her phone - not just any beep but it was that from the army. 

 

"I guess you have to go now." Sana said as she looked at the phone and back to Dahyun. The latter nodded, got up and thanked the latter for the hospitality before leaving. Dahyun followed protocol, and prep her uniform but something seemed out of place. Her suspicions were right once she reported to the field where Chaeyoung was waiting for her. 

 

"You're here-" 

 

"You shouldn't use these tactics to get me back." Dahyun snapped. 

 

"Dahyun please don't listen to my Father."

 

"I don't want to talk about it. If there is nothing else-" 

 

"Dahyun.."

 

"- I'm leaving." 

 

"D-don't go... Dahyun... Kim Dahyun! Master Sergeant Kim Dahyun! Are you not going to salute your superior before you leave?" Chaeyoung screamed but at the same time, her heart ached at the fact that she had to go through the formal name calling again. Dahyun knew the drill. She walked back, gave a salute and left.

 

"Ya Son Chaeyoung! Why are you standing there doing nothing?" Yoo Jeongyeon the captain said as she placed an arm around her Best mate. But judging by her expression and reaction-less reaction, the latter knew that it was about Dahyun again. Jeongyeon tried probing further but the latter pushed her hands off her shoulders and sighed.

 

"Don't you have a date with your doctor?" Chaeyoung reminded.

 

"Oh right! But when I come back, I want explanations!" Jeongyeon said as she bolted away. Chaeyoung chuckled but then sighed. If only she could be as happy as they are. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon were having a regular day out. After a few weeks of overseas missions and training, they decided to take a break and go to a cafe that Jeongyeon's Girlfriend claimed to be good. Since they were there kind of late, the cafe was almost empty. 

 

"Are they closed? Why is there no one T the counter?" Chaeyoung asked while Jeongyeon pressed the bell that was on the tabletop. 

 

"Coming!" A rather cute voice echoed from behind. But as they turned around, they saw the barista leaving a table where a familiar girl was sitting at. Sana paused and looked at Dahyun while the latter looked back. Both of them, including Jeongyeon could see the amount of anger on the first lieutenant's face.

 

"Chae-" Jeongyeon placed a hand on her friend's shoulder but it got shrugged off by Chaeyoung as she stormed towards Dahyun. The captain tried to chase after her Friend to prevent her from doing something rash but the latter was already at the table confronting Dahyun. By now, the cafe was empty so Chaeyoung didn't care about the volume of her voice.

 

"Are you done?" Dahyun asked with annoyance in her voice.

 

"Who is she?!" Chaeyoung asked again but Dahyun avoided that question. She stood up to leave but Chaeyoung stood in front of her and stopped her. 

 

"Move."

 

"Master sergeant Kim Dahyun. Is this how you treat your superior?!" Dahyun saluted immediately. 

 

"Chaeyoung don't do this..." Jeongyeon begged but if she didn't, Dahyun wouldn't have listened to her at all.

 

"Who is she?!"

 

"She- she's my Girlfriend mam!" Dahyun said in the accent of a soldier.

 

"What?!" Sana yelped.

 

"Right. If you are telling the truth, prove it." Chaeyoung dared.

 

Dahyun refused to move. 

 

"PROOF IT SERGEANT KIM!" 

 

This time without hesitation, Dahyun grabbed Sana by the waist, pulled her towards her and kissed her. As soon as she turned back. She was met with slap against the left side of her cheek. Chaeyoung grabbed her by the collar and was going to do it again but not before Jeongyeon grabbed her arm and pried her away from the master sergeant. While Chaeyoung struggled in her grip, Dahyun took this chance to bolt. She saluted her superiors before running out of the cafe. 

 

"She's gone... Chaeyoung... SHE'S GONE!" Chaeyoung stopped and Jeongyeon let go of her. She just crash on the chair at the cafe crying while Jeongyeon went to apologise to Sana and get them both a drink. The latter watched in worry as her Friend started to get drunk. She had never seen the latter drink so much before but allowed it because she knew that she needed it once in a while. Chaeyoung on the other hand, cried and ranted bitterly; no matter how much alcohol she puts in her system, she couldn't get the thought of Dahyun out of her head. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chief glared at Dahyun while the latter tried to maintain her eye contact and gulped. The powerful man cleared his voice and leaned forward, asking for the purpose of her visit. 

 

"If you want to get my bless-" 

 

"No sir. I want you to post me to Afghan sir." 

 

Hearing the sudden request, he leaned back against his armchair. "Why?" 

 

"It will allow me to gain more experience and... and I want your Daughter to forget me." 

 

"Hmm... you know we need you to train the new soldiers right?... but that can be arranged. Pack your bags. The flight is tomorrow." 

 

"Thank you sir!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few days of not speaking or contacting the latte since the fight at the cafe, Chaeyoung decided that she would go talk to her and settle their complicated situation like normal adults. She walked around the campsite pretending to be patrolling but in actual fact, she was trying to look for Dahyun. 

 

As she searched the barracks, her brows furrowed. It was really weird because he hasn't seen Dahyun around lately. Maybe she was hiding, trying to avoid her or maybe she wasn't in today. She approached a soldier and asked about Dahyun's whereabouts and to her surprise, she heard that the latter was sent to Afghan. 

 

"Father! Send me to Afghan!" She demanded but the man objected saying that it's too dangerous.

 

"I'm not asking you from a daughter's perspective sir." She suddenly saluted and stood up straight. 

 

"No."

 

"Sir, you shouldn't be bias. What good is being a first lieutenant if I am hiding behind the chief. It is embarrassing." She said firmly. 

 

Her Father sighed and agreed. He knew she wanted to go find Dahyun but knowing that she would be in field while his Daughter will be at the base, he was sure that the Mission will not be affected. 

 

"But, the next flight there is in a week." 

 

"Thanks... s-dad." Chaeyoung saluted and walked o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter