259200 Seconds

TWICE Short Stories - Dahyun x Chaeyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




Thanks for the 500 SUBS!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



SYN: In which a girl named Chaeyoung took the wrong flight so she needs to wait three more days for her new flight, but ended bumped with a charming tour guide.

"Spends your 259200minutes with me, I’ll make sure you won’t regret it"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung (20 years old) cursed as she rushed around the airport trying to find a reception counter on the arrival hall of the foreign country. She was supposed to be back in Korea after going on a trip to Taiwan to visit her friend but now she was at some foreign place miles away from her home country. Chaeyoung had somehow ended up in Thailand and has no idea how to communicate other than saying sawadikap.

 

She managed to find a receptionist who could speak decent (broken) English like Chaeyoung and she helped her to book another flight back. Sadly, however, the flight was due in three days and Chaeyoung had nowhere to go since she couldn’t speak Thai and she only had about 3013 bhat after coming back from the moneychanger. She decided that she was going to spend her days in the airport where there was food, shelter and a place to sleep.

 

Kim Dahyun, 21, just arrived in Thailand for the first time. She works as a tour guide to earn money during the holidays but now she was on a 3-day leave. She had everything down from a hotel to a phone line and the places she was planning to visit. She exited out of the same plan as the passenger who looked worried and decided to follow her around. After the left the receptionist, Dahyun went forward to ask her about the problem.

 

Dahyun spotted the Korean girl easily and approached her with a donut in hand.

 

DH: Here~ Honey glazed donut.

 

CY: You are Korean?

 

Dahyun hummed and pushed the donut neaer to the woman.

 

DH: I won’t poison you~

 

CY: Mama told be not to trust strangers…

 

Dahyun burst out laughing, earning a confused face from the girl.

 

DH: I like your humor but I learnt about your situation, so I decided to help you.

 

Chaeyoung took a bite from the bread and narrowed her eyes. Both girls sat there in silence until Chaeyoung initiated the conversation and learned about the reason the girl was there.

 

DH: Hey, what about this my Korean chingu, spend your 259200 seconds with me and I’ll make sure you won’t regret it!

 

CY: That’s a very exact calculation of yours.

 

DH: I don’t major in ‘Nerd’ for nothing.

 

Chaeyoung scoffed but stated how broke she was but the latter shook it off and said that they would need to spend less than that.

 

CY: then let’s negotiate. If I have the time of my life in these three days, you will pay for the whole trip.

 

“Deal!” Dahyun said as she smiled confidently. She then stood up and grabbed the latter by her hand led her out of the airport.

 

Hotel Novotel Bangkok; it was near the airport so Dahyun. She only booked a room but luckily the hotel had two beds. When Chaeyoung and Dahyun entered, they were blown away by how beautiful the room was. Even though it might be a little noisy because it is near the airport, Dahyun felt like the cost was still worth. Chaeyoung immediately placed her things down and crashed on the bed. The latter was so tired from running around the airport, making her physically and mentally tired.

 

Dahyun went ahead to shower and found the Korean Kristen Stewart fast asleep on the bed. She tied up her hair up with her towel and attempted to tuck the latter into a comfortable position. The redhead pulled the covers up and leaned over to adjust the other side. Just then, Chaeyoung stirred awake.

 

"WHAT AH!" Chaeyoung sat up so quick causing both of their foreheads to collide. She held her forehead in agony while the other recovered from her stumble and is now massaging her head while hissing.

 

DH: What was that for...

 

CY: What were you doing ert!

 

DH: Ya, ya, ya! Before calling someone a ert, I was tucking you in a comfortable position or you'll be sore the next day....

 

Chaeyoung frowned and uttered an apology before going to shower. Chaeyoung ruffled her short hair with the towel as she came out from her warm shower. She saw that the tour guide wasn't in the bedroom so she looked towards the balcony and there she was, drying her hair with her neck exposed. There was something attractive about the woman and it caused Chaeyoung to gulp. Wait... why was she even feeling this way?

 

Chaeyoung pat her cheeks, hung the towel at the rack and proceeded to unpack. The first thing Chaeyoung took out was her camera bag. She always checks it because she knows they airport employees always throw their luggage; she had forgotten to take it out when checking in her luggage.

 

DH: Oh? You're a photographer?

 

CY: It's just a hobby, but I major in fine arts.

 

DH: Seoul Arts University?

 

CY: mhmm, freshman.

 

DH: O- really?! I study there too! This of fated~

 

CY: It means that I can chase you down for payment if this trip is horrible.

 

DH: Aww come on no jam, it's not that bad yet... Other then the head-but... BUT! Tomorrow will be better~

 

CY: Hey, what's your name? I'm Son Chaeyoung

 

DH: What a pretty name for a pretty woman~ I'm Kim Dahyun, sophomore majoring in music.

 

Both shook hands and smiled at each other. Chaeyoung proceeded to ask her more questions like why she was a tour guide and more. Chaeyoung was slowly opening up to the latter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"GOOOOOD MORNING SLEEPY HEAD~" Dahyun yelled as she drew the curtains open. Chaeyoung was sleeping on her side facing the window and immediately dry he'd up her face as the light hit her. She lay on her back and placed the pillow on her eyes to shield herself from the glare but Dahyun dragged the blanket away and used a pillow to hit her.

 

"Arasseo... Arasseo... I'm up..." Chaeyoung groaned as she ruffled her hair with her eyes still closed. The two set out with their cameras and small backpack to a trishaw service. Dahyun assumed that the man was asking them were they wanted to go and in decent Thai, she said to the floating market.

 

Chaeyoung was left in awe when they arrived. Even though the place was crowded and stuffy, it was filled with a variety of colours. There were people on boats selling fruit, textiles and many more. Dahyun was the first to hop on the boat before reaching out to the shorthaired girl who was still in a trace. Chaeyoung soon realised it and placed her hand onto Dahyun's. The redhead broke into a wide smile which seemed so comforting to the latter and they rode the boat slowly around the place. Chaeyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter