Lunch Break

Love Me Right (Xiumin x OC) -EDITED-
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~

Now seated in my seat, I sighed as I saw the pile of paperwork on my desk. I sighed. This was my first day working in a new company and I already have to do so much work. I picked up the pile and skimmed through the papers. It was the outline of the new project on an animated movie coming out next year in the summer. The deadline for the final copy was at least a three months before the release so that the editors could have time to actually animate and do effects.

After going through the papers, I understood what I had to do for this project. I had to draw character designs of a little girl with short hair and a side ponytail. Drawn in an anime style, but with realistic and cute features. She had to have three to four outfits and different angles of her so that the producers can choose which of the designs of my character will be used, and then I could continue drawing her repeatedly for some scenes that have her doing specific actions. Like holding things, running, or even just bending over to pick up something.

I set the outline on my desk back along with the pile of papers. Now equipped with my 2B pencil in my right hand and my sketchbook flipped to a blank page, I began to sketch out the little girl's body shape. After a while of sketching, it was time for lunch. I got up to see my other co-workers in their little groups, eating their lunches. I didn't mind since I was able to manage on my own. Even at my other company, I didn't see a need for friends, but it wasn't like I was antisocial or anything. I guess those were the effects of being an introvert...

I patted my stomach as it growled. I got up from my chair to pack my bag with my character designs in it. I didn't trust anyone since most of them were greedy and dishonest people. They sometimes will try to take other's work and claim as theirs, and that's the last thing I want happening to me. I left my studio-like office and took the bus to the Korean restaurant that I went to with Xiumin. The time was now 12:20, and I had about an hour and left of my break. I better eat faster this time, so I don't end up being late. 

Walking into the restaurant, I saw the girl from this morning. I think her name was Ha Na? She had trays in her hands and was running around to give people their orders. I guess she works here....I did not know that. This is about to get awkward if she's my waiter. But of course, the universe didn't agree with me. Why did I jinx myself?

She had her head hung low, as she asked me my order. "Can I have your order?" 

"Hi, Ha Na," I greeted her. She instantly looked up at the mention of her name. She glared at me, before smiling at me.

"Hi, Justina!" she said excitedly. "Sorry if I came off rude before."

I was caught off guard by her sudden apology. "Aniyo, it's ok. I heard from Xiumin, so I understand."

"Can I call you unnie?"

"Sure? I guess so?" I said, unsure of what to say.

"Unnie!" she shouted as she bends over to hug me. I was taken back at first, but I accepted it and hugged back.

She pulled away from the hug. "Unnie, take care of oppa for me. He has gone through a lot in his past relationships, and to be honest, I'm tired of protecting him from other girls that are just using him. He can be a bit oblivious at times."

I laughed at her joke. "Really? I thought he was the player type."

"Not really, once there was a girl that asked him for 20 million won, and he actually gave her the money. However, just like the others she left him the next day, probably that was her plan all along."

"That ..." I said under my breath. "Sorry for my language."

She smiled at me. "Don't worry about it, I thought the same thing when he told me." 

"So, did this happen in all of his relationships?" I was afraid to hear the truth, but I felt like I needed to know.

"Sadly, yes. He always chose the wrong ones."

I leant back into my seat and sighed. "You seem rather close to him. Did you two ever...?"

"No! Never!" I was shocked by her outburst, and she must have noticed. "I didn't mean it like that. I just... never liked him in that way."

"Like how you feel about Lay?" I smirked as I said that.

"How do you know?" I didn't say anything, only smirked. "Dammit Xiumin! Anyway... actually Xiumin was the one that asked me to date him, but like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter