Chit Chat with Chen Chen

Love Me Right (Xiumin x OC) -EDITED-
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~

When Xiumin came to deliver my lunch, he seemed distracted and spacey. As soon as he came, the quicker he was gone. I let out a sigh and leant back into my chair, and spun in it. I took out the container that had made my regular bibimbap in it, but then a paper fell out. I picked it up to see what it read.

Unnie! I missed you this afternoon, but at least you get to eat with Xiumin from now on. I really doubt that, but okay... Anyway, Chen said that he had something to talk to you about. He said it was very important and that you should meet him at the restaurant after you finish work. Also, I just noticed that I still didn't give you my number. So, here it is. 010-2797-5588 ~Your dongsaeng, Ha Na ♥

Aww... She's so cute. Chen wants to talk to me? How convenient was that? I mean, I was going to talk to him today. Lunch went by fast and so did the hours spent just drawing. Work was finally over and it was time to meet up with Chen. I wonder what Chen wants to talk about? I reached the restaurant and when I went in I saw Chen waiting for me at a table.

"Hey, Chen!" I shouted as I waved at him. He looked up and waved back. I sat down opposite of him. "So... What did you want to talk about?" 

"Xiumin and you," he said. He looked... um, what should I say? Jealous? I'm not sure.

"Chen, are you by chance jealous of us?" I teased. 

"Yes." Ha! I knew it.... Wait what?! Is he for real jealous?  Did not expect that at least he's honest.

"Wait, why are you jealous?" 

"I'm jealous because he got a girlfriend before I did."

"What about his other girlfriends?"

"Those don't count because I know that you're here to stay." I blushed at the thought of me being Xiumin's girlfriend. 

"Actually, I'm not his girlfriend, yet." Whispering the last part. 

"Anyway, about Xiumin and you." Ignoring my comment. "Xiumin... he's complicated. So, I think I'll just have to tell you from the beginning of how we met."

~~~Flashback~~~

Chen's POV

They're here, again. Don't they know that's this is my forest? This is the only place I could get away from everyone. I watched from afar, as a boy, my age, yell out to a girl named Justina. That girl was definitely different from other girls, not only in skin colour, but she was taller and had shorter hair than them. I can tell by the way the boy looked at her that he liked her. He must be pretty good at hiding his feelings around her since I tell, by the way, they interacted with each other, that they were only friends. I wish I could... be like him...

One day, the boy, I learned was named Minseok, had come alone. He was crying. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, but I was afraid that he might be like the others, and hate me, too. So, I just listened to his sobs until Justina came running. She was there to comfort him, but all I could was watch and listen from afar. I really am worthless. I wish I could just disappear, to go somewhere where no one knew my name. This wasn't the last time this happened, though. Every day, Minseok seemed more depressed and came crying to the forest, but Justina would always come find him and comfort him. After eavesdropping on their conversations, I learned that he too was being bullied. I never understood why she stood by his side. She truly was worthy of being called his friend. I wish I had someone to comfort me and be by my side like that.

Unlike the other days, Minseok looked crazy. He was talking to himself and he was spraying perfume from the bottle he was holding but was also laughing as he did that. Just as I was about to walk away, he saw me and he ran up to me. Just laughing in my face.

  LOL?

 he said seriously and then began to laugh again.

I don't know why but his laugh was contagious and I found myself laughing with him. It was the first time in my life that I had ever laughed, it sounded so weird at first but it became natural after a while. 

"See, doesn't it feel good to laugh?" he asked.

We just stood there laughing at each other's face. I swear if someone were to pass by they would think that we were crazy, and would call the police. We calmed down and he handed me the perfume bottle he was holding.

"Here, have this. This will make you smile more. Also, thanks for laughing with me. This might be the last time I will laugh as Minseok."

I didn't know what he was talking about. Was he going somewhere? The first person that ever talked to me in years is now going away. I couldn't let him go like this.

"WAIT!" I shouted. My voice sounded so unfamiliar, it had matured since I last spoke. 

He stopped in his tracks. "What's wrong?"

"Where are you going?" 

"A place where I'm not myself." I just stood there. I didn't know what to do. "What's your name?" 

My name... I can't believe I forgot about it. I thought for second before answering. "Jongdae." 

He held his hand out. "Jongdae... would you like to come with me?"

I hesitated before taking it. "Sure, anywhere but here." I had nothing to lose and nobody would even notice that I'm gone, anyway...

He gave me a smile and then took me somewhere deep into the forest. He showed a whole collection of bottles, all containing something.

"What is all this?" 

"These are my creations. Chemistry can come in handy if you really pay attention." He picked up one of the bottles from the shelf. "I created this one recently. I've been working on it lately."

"What does it do?" 

"It makes people forget things." Swirling the bottle around in his hand.

"Why do you need that?"

"Because.... I don't want to be, Minseok anymore. I don't want to be here." 

"Just like me..." I whispered. He heard it, though.

"Jongdae, do want to start over?" Start over? You me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter