Jhope and Her

BTS and Her

June 2012

 

It was my first day as a trainee in Big Hit entertainment.

It was more like an exchange trainee program. I was transferred for 6 months to Big Hit entertainment to learn more about dancing and improve, yeah my side job was to be a choreographer.

I walked into the dance room, but I couldn’t even dare to get into the room, I entered nevertheless and I saw that someone was already there, dancing alone.

I thought he was doing a street dance, it looked like popping. His body was so flexible, as though he was born without bones. I was amazed while seeing him dance. I stood 5 minutes there and I swore I was already his fan.

I kept staring at him for other 20 minutes when I realized he was looking at me and I just mentally cursed myself, “oh my God, what should I do?”

“Hey, you there…can I help you? Are you new here, what's your name?”

It was too late to escape, I forced a smile, “hello, I'm Na Tae Seok and I’m a trainee from the exchange program.”

“Oh, I see. Bang PD-nim had told me there would be an exchange trainee who will join my team, is it you or someone else?”

“Ah, Bang PD-nim told me that I will join Hoseok team.”

“Wow, that's a relief.” He smiled at me, “I'm your hope, J-Hope, that's my stage name, my real name is Jung Ho Seok.”

“Oh, nice to meet you.”

“You can call me Hobbie Oppa because you younger than me, aren't you?”

“I was born in 1995.”

“I’m 94’ liner, I finally have a younger sister, since in my team we are all boys.”

Wow, was my first impression. This man was really warm, 2 minutes introducing ourselves and then I became his sister.

“Wow, thank you for being so nice to me, oppa.”

“Nevermind, Taeseok-ah, you are a dancer too, aren't you?”

“Yes, I am.”

“In what kind of dance you specialize in?”

“Street dance,” I answered honestly.

“Wow, you're amazing. I think a girl who can do street dance is very rare, I'm glad to meet you here, Taeseok-ah.”

Oh my, God, his smiles were really charming and he never stopped smiling to me. I was really happy in my first day of training.

“Did you already warm up your body for practice?”

“Of course, not yet.”

“Ah, come on, make yourself comfortable.”

He came to me and hugged my shoulder suddenly leading me to the dancing room.

I won’t forget how we started to dance to “y Back” by Justin Timberlake.

After 2 hours of practicing, he stopped the music, and saw him really pale, following by an uncontrollable heavy breathing.

I frowned, “oppa, are you okay?”

“It's okay, we need 5 minutes to rest, can you just get me some water?”

“Of course.”

I turned around to get some water for him in the corner of the room and then out of a sudden he collapsed.

I was shocked for seeing him lying on the floor. I didn’t hesitate and quickly run to him and tried to wake him up.

“Oppa, oppa can you hear me? Oppa, please wake up!”

I checked his breathing, it normalized. I checked his pulse and it was normal, no need for CPR.

I ped his jacket, ed his shirt and took off his shoes.

“Oppa, please wake up.”

I was hysteric, there was no one there, when suddenly someone opens the door.

“Hey, what are you doing with him?” the person asked in a monotone tone.

I quickly stood up and tried to explain, “sorry, Hobbie oppa is unconscious now, I think he is tired or something.”

“Who are you?”

“I'm a trainee from the exchange program, Na Tae Seok.”

After my introduction he didn’t say anything, he just walked towards Hoseok and tried to wake him up, “Hoseok-ah, wake up, I've told you before not to push yourself too hard.”

While the man was trying to make Hoseok wake up, I walked out of the dancing room and went to make some sweet tea in a pantry.

I made 3 cups of tea, one for Hoseok, one for the man and one for me, but when I came back to the dancing room there were two people more around Hoseok, and it was a relief to finally see him conscious.

“Excuse me, Hobbie oppa, I made you cup of a tea, you need to drink this and this is for you…”

“Yoongi, my name is Min Yoon Gi.”

“Oh, hello Min Yoon Gi…oppa?”

“Don't call me oppa, since you look, tomboy, call me hyung instead.”

“Do I look like a man to you?” I scoffed lightly offended.

“Just call me hyung,” Yoongi said in a monotone voice.

“Okay, hyung.” I rolled my eyes, “by the way –“

“Hello, Taeseok ah, I'm Kim Nam Joon, leader of this group” one of the boys cut me off.

“What group?” I asked frowning at his words.

“We are called Bangtan Sonyeondan.”

“How many are you guys?”

“As of now we are 4 members, but we are still waiting for other qualified candidates.”

“Oh, I see, and then -”

“Taeseok-ah, you look so pretty today, I'm the most handsome member in Bangtan, Jin, Kim Seok Jin,” I got cut off yet again.

“Ah, please hyung don't do that in front of her.” Namjoon cut in.

“Namjoon, why do you envy my handsomeness?”

“Enough, enough,” Yoongi interjected the two.

They stopped arguing.

“Taeseok-ah, what are you doing to me? How dare you show how ert you're on the first day as a trainee?” Hoseok asked plainly with an amused face.

I frowned, “what?”

“My shirt is ed, see?”

A line formed in my expression, “sorry about that, oppa, I just panicked.”

“When I was unconscious, I heard you murmuring checking my pulse and breathing like the doctors did to me in the hospital when I was unconscious last month, how did you know that?”

“Are you a quack?” Jin asked jokingly.

“Hyung, please stop joking around.” Yoongi looked so done.

“Are you perhaps a doctor?” Namjoon turned to ask me.

“Ah, oppa, you are too much.” I simply laughed.

“Just be honest with us,” Jin raised a brow.

Then someone suddenly appeared in front of the door.

“Taeseok-ah, are you already teaching them a choreography?”

It was the PD.

“Ah, not yet Bang PD-nim, I barely had practice with Hoseok,” I explained.

The PD nodded, “Hoseok-ah, let's go to the hospital to check your health. Namjoon, Yoongi and Jin you will have to start and learn the first choreography ahead, she will teach you guys, it’s for the concept trailer. We have to start preparing for the debut, she already has the choreography.”

“What?” Namjoon asked.

“What do you mean by ‘what’?” PD asked back instead of answering.

“Bang PD-nim, is she our choreographer?” Jin asked then.

“Yes, for some songs.”