The Break Up

BTS and Her

06.00 am.

The sun start to shine and it’s time for me to wake up, time to get some exercise, Taehyung and Jimin are still sleeping, while Jin hyung is in the kitchen I can smell his food from our bedroom, our mom is cooking for our breakfast.

My phone is always under my pillow when I sleep. My phone covered by the red case. It’s a birthday gift from her. I miss her so much; it’s been 2 months since the last time I meet her.

My morning daydreaming just gone when my phone ring.

“I’ll come to your place, see you at 11 am”

I can’t stop smiling when seeing her message pop up on my phone. It’s been three years that we’ve been together and I will make her proud with my debut. I’ll show her our teaser video today. I feel so excited to meet her today.

“What happened? Let’s go to our favorite cafe”

 “I need to talk to you, something really important”                  

My Jisoo never did this before. My heart starts to flutter.

“If it is in hurry, I’ll call you now or I’ll visit you, maybe next week?”

“No, I want to see you soon and talk with you

“Wow, you missed me so much, don’t you?”

“See you, don’t be late”

“Ok, can’t wait to see you soon”

Something is wrong. I know it. Did I make a mistake yesterday? Or forgot about something? I hope that everything would be ok; maybe I’m better get ready now.

“Taehyung ah, wake up.”

Taehyung and Jimin are sleeping next to me but I need to scream to wake them up.

“Oooh.” Taehyung answer me lazily.

“We have to go to the office at 7, come on.”

“Hyung….we need to sleep more.” Jimin help Taehyung to answer.

“I’ve told you to not play a games in the midnight, see.. I’ll let the leader scold to you then., NAMJOONIE.”

Namjoon and Jungkook are sleep next to our room.

“Too early for scream Hoseok-ah, please be quite.”

Yoongi’s voice come from our living room, I bet he’s watching news TV like a grandpa.

“Jimin and Taehyung refuse to wake up, help me.”

Then Yoongi is screaming.

“Ah Taeseok-ah, you’re here...let’s have a breakfast together.” Yoongi pretending like our Taesoek come to our house.

“Whoa, Taeseok is here! Taeseokie!” Jimin jump and run t the living room suddenly.

“Ah, our Teseokie.” Taehyung stand while his eyes still close. He is murmuring and walking in his sleep.

Jimin suddenly stand up, look into the mirror, smoothed his hair, go to the living room with a happy face, meanwhile Taehyung is walking, and bring his pillow to the living room.

“Ah…here comes Taeseok’s fans.” Yoongi smirks.

“Hyung, that’s really tricky.” Namjoon laughs.

“Give me your high five hyung.” I agree with Namjoon.

Then every member is laughing. This moment is precious. I love when seeing their happiness.

“You lied to us?” Jimin protested.

“I’ll go back to sleep.” Taehyung just walking and go back to his room.

“YA! If you back to sleep, I won’t give you a breakfast.” Jin suddenly scream to him.

“Oh, Eoma, I love you.” Taehyung just open his eyes and run into Jin.

“I love you too, Eomma.” Jimin trailing Taehyung.

“Let’s eat.”

Jin bring all the breakfast to the table, and we’re all gather around the table. Our breakfast menu’s are rice, egg roll, sweet and sour chicken, with a salad and some fruits. I’m feeling grateful for this.

“Namjoonie, I have an appointment today at 11 am.”

“Where are you going?”

“It’s a date.”

“You have two hours then.”

“I love you Namjoonie.”

“I hate you.” Our leader just give me his permission while busy with his egg roll.

10.00 am, walking to the cafe

Too excited to meet her, I guess I’m too early to come.

I love this weather, not too hot, not too cold, just warm like my Jisoo.

Finally, I arrived at the café, I love the café’s atmosphere, it’s warm, full of wood furniture, surrounded by a transparent glass so I can see the outside while sitting here.

But I see someone that I know at the café across the street. Red tailed hair with glasses and red sweater couple with blue jeans. It’s really like her.  It’s Taesokie, looks she is busy with her laptop. She looks different with her glasses, beauty, yet smart. Ok, I’ll go to her while waiting my girlfriend. Therefore, I’m out from the café and move to the café across the street.

“Taeseokie.”

I’m waving my hands to her from the outside. I think she is not looking at me. Ok, I’ll come closer to her.

“Taeseokie.” I sit in front of her.

“Oh, hi oppa, you’re here too?”

She is answering my question without seeing my face.

“Taeseokie, are you busy?”

“I’m working on my paper.”

She keeps answering without seeing my face and keeps typing on her laptop.

“Ah, I see… Don’t study too hard Teseokie.”

“Why? I have to finish this paper, so I can have a lot of free time to dance with you guys.”

“Because you’re not even look at me when you working on your paper, poor me.”

“‘Just give me 10 minutes.”

I see a book beside her laptop, it’s a novel, and the title is I’ll be right there.

“You read that novel? I think I saw it in our dorm, I guess Namjoonie have it.”

“It’s a birthday gift from Namjoon.”

“Ya! so you only bring his gift together with you?” I protested and feel a little bit envy now.

 

“Ah, my bag is from Jin, this cute black necklace is from Taehyung, pink bunny ring from Jimin, this sweater is from Jungkook and you can see my shoes is from you, oppa.”

She stills not looking at me.

‘”Sorry, I’m not realize that you wearing it, is the size good? What about Yoongi’s, what did he gave to you?:

“The size is good, great, I love it, thank you. From Yoongi, there are a hair bands, 19 of hair bands, with a different color and model, it’s unique.”

“He gave you 19 of that? Ah since you’re 19 now. Really, that man is not really know about what girls wants.”

“It’s cute and unique, I like it.”

Then we are not talking about ten minutes because I’m busy to seeing the outside and checking my phone, wondering where is my girlfriend.

“SENT, DONE!”

“That’s it?”

“I’ve been here for 3 hours, Oppa.”

After she said that, she can look at me, finally.

“Wow, why don’t you study at your home?”

“It’s boring when you’re home with no one there, by the way, what are you doing here?”

“Meet my girlfriend.”

“Whoa… good things gonna comes today. You should be very happy.”

“I’m not sure about that; she has something to talk, looks like it’s really important.”

“What have you done, Oppa? When something urgent comes from a girl, it will be a big trouble for you.”

“Hey, Don’t make me scared.”

“Lately, our Unnie is quite sensitive.”

“How did you know that?, you even not meet her once.”

“Taehyung told me, she was text him, a couple days ago.”

“Really? Tell me everything.”

“Back then she asking about hhmm… do you cheat on her or not, how could you really busy and forgot to reply her text sometimes, just something like that.”

“I guess I’m in trouble now.”

“Just calm down, Oppa.”

“I thought she would understand about how busy I am to preparing our debut.”

“Sometimes girls are really hard to understand.”

“Hey, you’re a girl too, young lady,”

“Of course but I’m not that complicated.”

“Really? How could you talking like that, you’re already made the entire member worried about you.”

“Who told you to worry about me?”

“No one.”

“See, men are complicated too.” We laugh together.

“See, our brain monster is trying to argue with me.”

“I’m just kidding, I’ve heard that you guys make some teaser for your album debut, is it done already?”

“Of course, I want to show it today to my girlfriend.”

“Let me see it, please give me your phone!” Taesok insist me.

“Ah, I’m planning to show it to my girlfriend for the first time, since you are my sister..I’ll show you now.”

“Yeay!  play it now, Oppa.” I change my sit to right beside her and show her our teaser video.

 

“Whoah! all in black and hip hop styles, I like it…. Whoah! Jungkook looks more mature, whoaaa! Jin is really handsome with his killer smirks, I believe now why Bang Pd nim chose him as the main visual.”

“Calm down Taeseok-ah, you still need to breath for see the other member.”

 

“Our swag Min Suga.” She point the screen and we can’t hold our laughs.

“Taehyung always bite his lips and end up with a y open mouth, it’s really great, I like it..Whoah Oppa why are you wearing a mask? I only see your eyes.”

“I’m the handsome man with a mask.” We laugh again.

“Why jimin really look like an angry puppy?”

"Yes, he cutes like a little kid. Let’s see what happen to Namjoonie, you won’t expect it.”

“Oh My Goodness, what happen with his hair? And a glasses, oh my god I can’t stop laughing, I’m sorry.”

We are laughing until tears are out from our eyes; it’s funny to watching it together.

“The other member can’t stop laughing too when watching it. Namjoonie was really got the makeover done.”

“But overall I love it, but where the video clip is, show me that, I’d like to see you guys dancing.”

“You forget about it, don’t you?”

“About what?”

“We can’t start the shooting until our choreographer attend for evaluate our dance during the shooting.”

“‘Let me check my schedule first.”

“YA! It’s tomorrow, you my ugly fat sister.”

Sometimes this girl makes me really want to pinch her cheeks.

“Ah, sorry oppa, maybe I’m too busy, lately my schedule filled with school, I’m sorry.”

“Taeseok-ah…….it’s her.”

From the happy atmosphere, now turn into a…. blue situation. I feel like…

“Where?”

“Across the street...but….”

I see her with my own eyes, I see someone with her…I think…he’s someone that I knew…

“Oppa, Ah is she coming with her brother?”

“She has no brother.”

“Her friend?”

“She’s with… her ex.”

“What?”

She is there with him, hugging and kissing him. Maybe she thinks that I’m not arrived yet but I see everything. I thought she loves me with a pure heart and fully understanding about my debut preparation, maybe she will say, “We have to break up”...today.

“Is she cheating on you?”

“I’m sorry Taeseok, I gotta go, see you tomorrow.”

I left Taeseok, maybe she can understand the situation, I don’t know what to do but I’m running into my girlfriend. Maybe I can handle this bu Oh My God, my heart… is this what they called a broken heart? Now I know how it feels.

She sits in our favorite spot at the café and I keep trying to keep myself calm.

“Hi, long time no see.” I said to her.

I’m sitting in front of her not as usual, back then I always sit beside her. I feel betrayed by her.

“Maybe I should straight to the point. First, I want to say sorry.”

“Sorry about what?”

Maybe she will say about to break up, in 3 minutes. I feel like I can’t even breathe. I’m trying to control myself for not panic. How couldn’t I? Honestly, I love her, I trust her, and I don’t want to be apart with her.

“Because lately I feel like I’m not in love with you anymore.”

“Hmm…” All I can say is a silent answer.

“Please say something.”

“Just give me your best reasons why you feel that way.”

“We used to meet at least once in a week before you being a member of Bangtan.”

“So, you blaming on my member?”

“No, I mean you are just too focusing on your debut preparation and forget about me.”

“Forget about you?”

“Sometimes you forgot to text me, call me, or give me an attention and affection.”

“You said you will support me for my dreams.”

“Is this your dream? Being busy all the time and forget about me?”

“I keep texting you every day.”

“And we have no quality to talk about us.”

"Us?"

“Now you are an obsess guy with his dream to debut. How about my dream, do you know about my dream?”

“Being a college student and be a graphic designer.”

“I want a normal life.”

“What do you mean about normal life?”

“Have a normal boy friend, go to the cinema, dinner, and walk together in the park every time I want it.”

“We used to do that before, now is my time to fight with my dreams and you supporting me, when I reach my goals, I will make you proud and happy.”

“Can you please tell me the exact time for your success? I’m tired of waiting for uncertain things.”

“Let’s break up then.”

That words just come up from my mouth when I can’t handle it. I just really mad to her.

“So you break me up, without saying sorry?”

“What do you want from me? I can’t be a normal guy for you, I have to leave, are you done with your unreasonable reasons to leave me?”

“Oh now I know that I’m nothing for you than your dreams.”

“And I’m nothing than your new boyfriend who waiting you at the outside café.”

Even my heart really hurts because of her, I should not look sad in front of her.

“Oppa, I’ve been waiting for you, what are you doing here?” She comes so suddenly and standing beside me like she know everything already.

‘Tae.. Taeseok-ah what are you doing here?”

I am whispering to her. Why suddenly she comes to me? Then she answers me with low voice.

“I will kick her because she is hurting you.”

“Oppa, is this your ex that you’ve told me before? Hallo unnie, I’m his best friend, Na Tae Seok.”

“AN EX? Do you have a best friend? And it’s a girl!”

“Why? At least she’s not hugging and kissing me in front of you, let’s go Taeseok-ah, we have a lot of schedules today.”

I should not doing this to her but I feel really broken right now. Maybe this is the best way. I knew this is gonna happen someday… and this is the right time for me to give up.