BTS and Her

BTS and Her

Monday, January 2016

 

It was boring to be at the office. It has been a year and I’m still working as a trainer at a pharmaceutical company.

The staff only talk about immunology theories, basic platforms about molecular development, hematology and other themes related to the products.

I think I can't take it any longer. I hate the repetitive cycle; I miss the boys.

 

06:45 AM

 

There’s still about an hour until it’s time to work at 8.

I open up my laptop and hurry up to browse my YouTube channel.

Yeah, I am still looking them up. They called themselves “Bangtan Boys”. Every time I see them on YouTube, even if it is a Bangtan bomb, a Bangtan episode or a live performance, I start to feel really proud of them. Moreover, when I watch their choreography in “Dope” and “I Need You” I feel really happy to the point of crying.

 

07:30 AM

 

Suddenly my phone starts to ring.

“Hello,” I responded.

“I think you have a guest,” a voice cut in.

I frown, “who?”

“His English seems limited; I think he's Chinese or something.”

No, no, it's impossible.

My heart starts beating faster, “okay, 5 minutes.”

It’s impossible. They won't be here. I already changed my number, and I did nothing to contact them for a year now.

I’m directly out from my office, and I walk to the guest room.

I didn’t know what to expect.

“NOONA! NOONA!” I heard someone calling me out loudly.

I can't breathe, I can't breathe.

I saw Jungkook there, and someone directly run to me and hug me from behind excitedly saying, “noona, I missed you. Where have you been? It was really hard to find you. I’m so relief we met here. I missed you”.

Oh my God, his smell is still the same, even his voice. “Tae-Tae-Tae…Tae…”

I can't even articulate his name properly. I’m standing like a statue.

“How did you guys got to know I was here?”

“You came to our fan meeting in Jakarta last year, right?” Taehyung spoke first.

“How do you know? I didn’t even get to high-five you guys.”

“Namjoon hyung really knows you, noona”, Jungkook says that and pinches my cheeks showing his rabbit teeth as he smiles.

“Ah, Jungkook, please don't do that. I'm older than you.” I started, “I hate you. It feels like my tears are about to fall down”.

“Ah, noona, you never change,” he smiles and then turns to hug me.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked after pulling back from the hug.

Taehyung grins, “you just wait, noona.”

Suddenly someone appears in front of the guest door and knocks. And when I see him, I start screaming and run to him.

“Jin oppa, I'm sorry,” I hug him while crying.

“It's okay to cry Taeseok-ah, don't look back. We’re still here like a family” his warm words and broad shoulders can still comfort my mind. I’m crying in his arms, the place where I find peace to cry on over and over.

Jin turns to open his bag and takes out a pair of red converse high shoes numbered size 7. It looks like my size.

He then parts his lips to speak, “wear this Taeseok-ah, we have something to do.”

“Oppa, they don’t fit with my office clothes.”

“Don't worry, I know you better than that” Jin says and takes out a long black cardigan, and blue jeans numbered size 27, and again, it looks like my size.

“Use this” he ushered me, “we're ready to go.”

“Oppa, it's already 08:15 in the morning, I should be working at my office.”

Jin only smirks and caresses my hair, “hurry up and change your clothes. Nobody looks at our Taeseok.”

“Ah, oppa, it's not our dance room, so I am going to change in the bathroom.”

He laughs softly, “I forgot, just hurry up.”

I’m back to the guest room. I don't have permission from my manager, but I just automatically obey what Jin said, and then comes again another person knocking on the door.

“It’s done hyung,” I heard Namjoon speaking to Jin.

“Okay Taeseok, let’s go,” Jin says to me.

“What?”

Namjoon steps closer to me 

“Everything is okay,” Namjoon stated before proceeding “I already talked with your manager, Taeseok-ah, follow me”

He grabs my hand and I end up trailing after him.