A day with Mark

Fear to Fall

   Waking up, you squinted your eyes to adjust the lights beaming straight at you through the window. When you finally got use to the warm rays, you quickly opened your phone to see it was 9am. You then saw a text message that was sent about ten minutes ago, smiling to see who the person was that was texting you. 

Jimin: Did you sleep well? I'm sorry if I woke you up.

Quickly, you opened your phone and sent a quick text back to Jimin. 

Jin Hee: I just woke up now, I slept great, you? I am about to go out with a friend who helped me from living in the streets. I'll talk to you later.^^

   Satisfied with the text, you shut your phone close as you made your bed before looking into your makeshift closet for awhile to see something you would wear to go out with Mark. Looking at the clothes, you weren't sure what to wear, thinking whether or not his family or him would judge with something you wore, making the decision even harder to decide. 

"Erm..." you said for about the next ten minutes until you finally picked out something you think was simple yet nice. 

   Slightly opening the door, you peeked around the hallway of the house, checking if Mark, Irene, or their mom was around or if anybody was occupying the bathroom just at the end of the hallway. Seeing no one, you smiled delightfully as you quickly walked over to the bathroom with your clothes,towel, and toothbrush, only to bump into something, about to fall back until two arms grabbed you on time. Looking over, you see Mark's glance over to you as his arms were tightly wrapped around your waist, faces only a few inches away from each other. Scrambling off each other, you grew pink as you looked at him. 

"You can use the bathroom first." the both of you said in unison, looking up again at each other, making eye contact. 

"No, you can go first, I'm good, tell me when your done, I'll be in my room." said Mark, walking off before you could utter even a word. 

   Without another choice, you grabbed your fallen items, walking into the bathroom to shower and get ready. After brushing your teeth, showering, and putting on your clothes, you looked at yourself, smoothing a few strands of hairs out with your hands as you smiled at the mirror. You were wearing a simple white shirt with light wash skinny jeans that made your legs look even more beautiful than before. 

   Walking out the bathroom, you quickly combed your hair and checked the mirror one more time just for good measure, grabbing your black converse to be ready to leave anytime soon. Heading out your door, you walked over to Mark's door, not sure what to do since you didn't want to barge in, knocking on the door softly. 

"Mark? I'm done with the bathroom, you can go now--" before you knew it, your knocks made the door creak open as Mark was opening it, you two once again, close to each other. 

"Ah, we need to stop doing that..." you said awkwardly, scatching your head as you backed off quickly, seeing the facial expression Mark made, confusing you as you shook off the fact that it looked like he was disappointed. 

"Thanks. I'll be done in about ten minutes and we'll leave after we eat, okay?" said Mark, smiling at you as he walked off to the bathroom. 

   Sighing, you walked over to your room as you sat down on the bed, looking around as you looked at your phone. Opening it quickly to check for any texts from Jimin, you saw one. 

Jimin: Yah, boy or girl?! It's great that you at least had someone to bring you at a home, it makes me feel happy that your safe and all but I'm so lonely~

Laughing at Jimin's text, you could easily imagine the pouty face Jimin would be making as he was texting the message. 

Jin Hee: It's a... You'll find out later hehe^^ I'm coming soon it's just that my friend wants to show me Busan and I really want to... Be around a new area for now, I'm sorry if it's a bit hard right now but I can't go to Seoul right now... Give me some time and I will go back... 

Minutes after the text, you immediately got a text from Jimin that only made you grin ear to ear while also make your heart race faster. 

Jimin: I see... I won't force anything out of you (whether it's the gender of your friend or if your coming to Seoul soon) but just know that I'll wait for you even 30 years. But even if it was 30 years, that would never mean that I never missed you when I waiting, come home soon! The members are waiting too Jinnie! 

   And with that text, you closed your phone, putting it on the desk, only to see Irene on your door frame, about to knock on the door frame to notify her existence. Looking at her curiously, she waved at you, doing the same to her as you stood up quickly, walking over to her. 

"Hello, is there anything that you need?" you said, staring at Irene. 

"Nothing much, I just wanted to get to know you more right now..." said Irene, scratching her head as she stared at you. 

"Oh... there's nothing much to learn about me..." you said awkwardly, looking at her as you rubbed your arm. 

"Any childhood stories? You can tell me that..." she said, staring at you assuringly with a big sister smile that made you feel like she was your older sister. 

"Ah... I don't have too much of a history with my parents... They were great when I was kid... I had great memories with them until we kind of seperated when they arranged the marriage with me and Ji--" you forgot what you were blurting out until you got to "Jimin" making your eyes widen, seeing the surprise on Irene's face. 

"Arranged marriage?" questioned Irene, making you look at her cautiously. 

"Sorry... I must have looked like I was hating on that, if you can't tell me it's alright.." said Irene, looking at you. 

"No, it's alright. I live with you guys right now, it's not fair if I didn't tell you a few things about me, right? Well, I was arranged in a marriage with me and this boy, Park Jimin... I know it sounds crazy but it wasn't so bad after awhile... I actually did fall for him. I-- these people were trying to get the two of us apart and I fell for the trap... Now, I'm here. Collecting my thoughts and all..." you said, Irene looking at you sympathetically. 

"I see... It's unfortunate that there's people who actually want to kick you out on something, I hope it gets better. The boy... Jimin is waiting for you, make the choice quick because you never know whether or not someone else might get sidetracked to the relationship you two have, Jin Hee." said Irene, her words mysterious when she told you "someone else." 

"Thank you... I'll be leaving soon but I hope you guys know how thankful I am to have you guys help me through this rough stage..." you said, staring at Irene who gave a warm smile. 

"Of course, wouldn't hesitate to help! Now, you have to go somewhere with my dongsaeng, the food is ready downstairs, I bet Mark's waiting for you now, go~" said Irene, patting your shoulder to head out. Nodding, you quickly walked downstairs to see Mark sitting there, waiting for you. 

"Finally your here, what took so long?" said Mark, staring at you. 

"Sorry, I was looking at the news on my phone." you said, sitting down as you began to eat. 

"Tch, okay." said Mark, eating too. 

   After the two of you ate, Mark and you went back upstairs to get whatever was needed before leaving. You grabbed your tiny backpack that could fit your phone, wallet, and anything that you bought as a souvenir to represent when you visited Busan. Grabbing your black converse, you headed downstairs quickly, seeing Mark waiting at the entrance of the house door for you. 

"Aigoo, let's go now." said Mark, smiling happily. 

"Okay." you replied while adding the last pair of shoes on your foot. 

"Annyeong noona~!" yelled Mark. 

"Annyeong dongsaeng, bye Jin Hee! Take care of my foolish brother if he tries to pull a dumb trick~!" yelled Irene, making Mark groan, making you laugh. 

"Bye Irene~ I'll keep that in my mind!" you yelled back, the two of you exiting the house. 

   Mark's mom was already off to work as she needed to raise two children independently, needing money to support the two of them while also paying the bills of the house. When the two of you were walking, Mark then said while you were following his tracks, 

"We're heading over to a taxi if you wondering, since the two of us probably can't drive, huh." said Mark. 

"Yeah, I can't drive. Thanks for telling me, I was curious to where we were going anyway." you said, staring at Mark as he was looking straight ahead, walking as the two of you made it to the perfect destination. 

Seeing Mark, he was flailing an arm out when a passing Taxi came, taking the two of you in as Mark said, 

"Kyungnam high school please, sir." said Mark, the driver quickly driving over. 

"If your wondering, Kyungnam high school is the school I attend... I want to show you the areas around it, the areas I find the most fun." said Mark happily, waiting for the taxi ride to end. 

   Getting to the destination, the gate was slightly open as Mark slid into the gate, you looking at him as pulled you into the gate too, heading inside the school. In awe, you stared to the school you've never seen until now, seeing the classrooms, hallways, and designs of the school with billboards and everything. 

"Seems like you never went to high school before." said Mark, laughing at your expression as you quickly changed it. 

"No... I'm just surprised at how beautiful the school is." you said, smiling at him, not knowing the effects that were caused by what you did. 

"Follow me." said Mark, grabbing your hand smoothly, making you speed walk to a classroom. 

"This is my homeroom..." said Mark, quickly walking over to a window seat as he added, "and my desk." 

"That's so cool... The view is beautiful too..." you said in awe, staring at the beautiful view you wished your school had. It was beautiful indeed, but not as beautiful as the one in Mark's classroom's school.

   After awhile of Mark's introduction of his school, the two of you exited to go walk around the areas around the school. Mark was right, everything was great and beautiful around his school as it shocked you at the amazing stores. Seeing a shop that selled key chains, you quickly headed inside with Mark, buying a cute white teddy bear that was made to be placed on your phone. Seeing what you had, Mark quickly bought a brown cute teddy bear too to match, buying it as the two of you put it on your phones. 

   Putting your phone back into your tiny backpack, you continued to walk with Mark, looking at the beautiful items that the stores had, putting on random accessories while takings selcas. You then see a food shop that sold tteokbokki, staring at it longer than you should have, causing Mark to look at the direction you were staring at. Noticing what you were staring at, it made him smile, grabbing your arm gently, walking you over to the stand. 

"The tteokbokki there is great, no wonder you were staring." said Mark happily, making you smile too. 

"One order of tteokbokki please." said Mark, taking out his wallet. 

Putting your hand on his, you looked at him. 

"No no no, I'll pay--" before you knew it, he softly placed your hand on the table as he handed the money to lady who looked delighted. 

"No need to pay, the cuteness of the two of you was enough, enjoy together, okay?" said the lady, making the two of you look at each other. 

"B--but..." 

"It's okay, really!" said the lady, smiling happily. 

"T-thank you so much ajhumma!" you said, bowing to her as Mark did the same.

   Walking over to a bench, the two of you ate the hot tteokbokki happily, the warmness causing your body temperature to increase from the slightly cold weather as the sun was fading. 

After finishing the tteokbokki, you noticed Mark had some sauce on the corner of his lip as you stopped him, making him stare at you curiously. 

"You got something there buddy~" you said, using your thumb to brush the corner of his lip to get rid of the excess sauce on him, seeing his eyes widen, looking off, avoding your gaze, making you wonder why. 

"What's wrong?" you said curiously, seeing Mark's slightly pink face as he shook his head. 

"Nothing, I thought there was something on the other side of me, let's go to the last location now." said Mark quickly, walking off without you as you jogged over to him. 

Getting into a taxi for the second time, you heard Mark tell the taxi to head to Gwangalli Beach.

"It's amazing there, beautiful view and all..." said Mark. 

"Wow, really?" you said, beaming at him. 

"Yeah, you'll have to see when we get there!" said Mark happily. 

   By the time you two got to the beach, the sun had barely set, seeing the darkness. Looking around the streets, Mark guided you over to follow him, seeing the sand of the beach as you ran over, about ten feet away from the sea shore. Shivering from the coldness, you began to regret not brining a sweater with you, looking around, goosebumps forming. Suddenly, you felt a jacket go over your shoulders, turning you around to see Mark without a sweater. 

"Yah, bring a sweater next time, babo." said Mark, staring at you. 

"S-sorry... Do you want it back?" you said, touching the fabric of his sweater before he swatted your hand. 

"No, I'm fine but I'm just telling you that." said Mark, walking with you around the beach. 

"You're right. It is beautiful... the view of this beach and the beach itself. The water is so beautiful too..." you said, looking from left to right, not even noticing the stare that was watching your every move when you were scanning your surroundings. 

"Hey, I'm no liar." said Mark, grinning. 

As the two of you kept walking, suddenly, Mark grabbed your hand, trying to interlace it with yours. 

"U-uh..." you said, quickly pulling away, turning the atmosphere very awkward. You liked Mark as a friend and you were really happy he got you to where you were now, but you only had Jimin in your eyes as you hoped he wasn't into you.

"S-sorry... I thought your hand was cold so.." said Mark, ruffling his hair.

"No, it's alright. My hands are great, don't worry." you said, staring at him.

   After a walk around, the two of you went back to the sidewalk, looking around for a taxi. Finally one came as the two of you went back home, not a word spoken from how awkward the situation was. When the two of you got back, you walked into the house quickly, swiftly entering your room and shutting it close as you lied on the wall of the door, looking around.  

   Sighing, Mark ruffled his hair in pure frustration to what he did, lying down on his bed. Suddenly, he heard a knock as he quickly got up, hoping it was you, lying back down to see it was only his sister, Irene.

"Yah, why so down dongsaeng?" said Irene, standing next to Mark's bed.

"What do you mean by 'down?' I'm great, I have no clue what your talking about." murmured Mark in his deep voice, making Irene feel sympathetic.

"You do know that Jin Hee has a husband... Or at least boyfriend if you want it to seem that way..." said Irene, looking at him as his eyes widened in surprise.

"H-husband? Isn't she only in high school--"

"It was an arranged marriage. At first she and the boy, they weren't on good terms when it came to it but she said now the two finally got it working until some ers wanted to ruin their relationship and that's the reason why Jin Hee was here. She's leaving to Seoul soon too... If you have feelings for her, you have to try and... stop." Irene said softly, wise with her every word.

"Trust me, if I could stop by command, I really would. It's just that... she's so different... and beautiful in her own way... Aish." groaned Mark as everything he was murmuring next was muffled through the pillow he was on.

"I'll leave it up to you guys. I just wanted to tell you that so you would know why she was distancing herself from you a bit more than any girl at your school would... I'm assuming she did by your expression when I saw you." said Irene with her arms folded, walking off slowly.

"Aish, out of all the girls to fall for, I fall for someone who's taken? Not only taken, but married?!" said Mark to himself, pouting in sadness.

   You were texting Jimin until suddenly he began to call you out of the blue, quickly picking it up.

"Hello?" you said. 

"Jin Hee?" said Jimin.

"Yeah?" you answered.

"Sorry if this was sudden... I just really wanted to hear your voice right now... Don't mind me.." said Jimin in a deep raspy voice, making shivers go down your spine as your heartbeat fastened more than ever.

"I see... Have you been doing well, Jimin?" you said softly.

"I've been doing 'okay' but I don't feel happy because I'm not with you..." said Jimin, hearing the hint of sadness appear in his voice.

"Miyanae... I hate having you feel like this." you said, guilt rushing into you.

"Don't worry about it. I said I would let you wait as long as you wanted and so now I'll allow you to do so.. How was it was it with your friend? Great? Boring? Fun?" Jimin questioned.

"It was fun, I got to eat, buy a souvenir, get a keychain, and even step foot on the beach of Busan, it was amazing." you answered, beginning to smile at the conversation.

"That's great, I'm happy that my princess is having fun... Don't have too much fun without me and go to sleep soon... or right now, okay? Eat your meals properly and eat alot, your so thin it makes me feel sad." said Jimin, hearing the hint of aegyo at the end, making you giggle.

"Of course, good night. Sweet dreams my handsome prince." you said happily.

"Good night, dream of me, my beautiful princess." replied Jimin.

"I will... love you." you said,  awkward at the end. 

"Aww... Cute. I love you too. Sleep well." said Jimin, the two of you clicking off. 

   You were lying down in bed, relaxed and smiling from Jimin's call at night, happy. Little did you know, Mark overheard the conversation, his face growing even more sadder after hearing the words of "love you" that come out of your mouth to the phone. Walking off, Mark could only watch you from a distance and talk to you like a friend, knowing that the two of you could never make it together. 

   That night, you were sleeping peacefully, dreaming of you and Jimin when you meet again, how many questions you could ask to him about his health, how he was doing, what lesson you were missing, and etc. While you were thinking about that, Mark couldn't even get a single minute of peaceful sleep with his mind all about you. He was stressing out and unsure what to do. I guess I should at least have fun with her for the time being, thought Mark to himself, turning over to his side as he attempted to fall asleep once again. 


A/N: This is a long chapter today guys! I hoped you enjoy it~ Poor Mark ;-; I hoped this chapter satisfied your fangirl feels today because I fufilled mine after writing this long little chapter for you people. I'm so so so happy though, I finally did double chapters this week! It took me about an hour and a half to create this chapter but it was worth it, trust me, it was. I will be uploading more now though, it's spring break so for sure I'm uploading on a weekday because of that. I will be posting another chapter of Fear to Fall after Heart of Despair if you don't know already, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, please show support to me as I continue the series! Love you guys, have an amazing day~!