Come Back

Fear to Fall

"I don't know what to believe in anymore, Park Jimin." you said sadly, walking off to wherever the road would take you into the deep depths of darkness that floated your way. 

~ The morning after the incident ~

   You groaned as you felt the rays of sun hit you as your back was aching, resting on a wall the night you were sleeping. Finding an alley in the middle of the night, you settled there and fell asleep until now, waking up. Looking around, you saw the empty streets as you started at your phone, opening it slowly. When you saw the notifications on your phone, you saw hundreds of texts and missing calls from Jimin. Your tears began to well up as you then proceeded to close your phone, putting it into your bag as you moved along the streets. 

   Bringing money, you had money that your parents gave you monthly, saving it up. You went inside the subway to who knows where, finally making it into a destination. Looking around, you knew you weren't at Seoul anymore, seeing the signs and the dialect with accents used, you were now at Busan. Sighing, you then walked for hours and hours until you finally sat down on a bench. You were going to cry again but you held it in, trying to be okay with everything. 

"Excuse me, are you okay?" said a boy who was quite tall, staring down at you. 

Looking at the figure, you began to break down as you started to cry once more, nonstop. The boy looked shocked, sitting next to you, slowly putting his hand on your small back, patting it gently as he tried to comfort you, awkwardly staring at you. 

"I-I'm so sorry, I-I..." you couldn't continue until he stared at you and interrupted, 

"No it's alright... If you can't explain it, then I understand. Did you by any chance... run away?" he said. 

"H-How do you know?" you questioned. 

"The bags your holding and your backpack..." the boy said awkwardly, scratching his head inoccently. 

   You mentally facepalmed as you forgot you had bags and a backpack with you, without a clue that he could be taking assumptions from that. The boy gave you a tissue as you wiped the tears from your eyes and blew your nose, looking away. 

"If you want, you can come over to my house if it's your first time in Busan..." the boy said until he saw your face. 

"No no no! Not anything weird! I live with my mom and sister, trust me, nothing weird at all..." said the boy shocked and embarrassed, making you want to laugh from how cute he was. 

"May I know your name?" you asked. 

"Ah~ I forgot to tell you my name, my name is... Mark. Mark Tuan. I was living in America for such a long time and I came to Busan about 4 years ago. I'm in junior year and im a 97 liner." said Mark. 

"Oh, we're in the same year of school?" you said, Mark looking at you as he gave a toothy grin. 

"It seems like so! Now tell me your name, when is your birthday too?" said Mark. 

"My name is Jung Jin Hee, I'm a 98 liner." you said, getting a happy grin from Mark who could only stare at you at awe, making you touch your face. 

"Is there something on my face?" you asked. 

"Yeah. Your eyes, nose, lips, cheeks, alot of stuff actually." said Mark, making you laugh. 

   You didn't understand how, but the stranger named Mark Tuan made you feel safe, as if you could trust him. You looked at him as you thought, If I die from him, at least I won't have any pain left from someone anymore. Following Mark to his home. 

   While the two of you walked together to his house, the two of you made small talk, as if you two had been best friends since you were little kids. Every once in awhile, you couldn't help but laugh at his jokes, cheesy and quirky. Before you knew it, the two of you made it to the destination, Mark knocking on the door, a figure opening it. 

"Mark, you can finally help me-- who is this beautiful girl? Do you finally have a girlfriend?!" said the lady. 

"Mom! This is Jung Jin Hee. She's lost and as you can see she has no where to go, can she temporarily stay until she finds her way...? Pleaseeeee~" said Mark, giving slight aegyo to his mom. 

"Aish, what's with the aegyo? Hello there Jin Hee! Come on in, I'll give you the guest room, give me one second. Let Mark show you around." as Mark's mom opened the door, the two of you walking in. 

   Mark showed you his living room, dining room, the kitchen, the bathroom, rooms, his sister, and finally the guest room where Mark's mom was finishing up with cleaning up the room, smiling at you. 

"Please be comfortable here... I know my son is a bit weird and all but know that I'll be like your mom. It's unfortunate a pretty girl like you would be running away, even worse, alone. Go shower and I'll make dinner." she said as you bowed, thanking her formally. 

   Settling down your stuff slowly, you saw Mark resting his body on the door frame, softly staring at you. You looked at him awkwardly, with a questioning gaze as you continued on to unpacking the items. 

"Are you okay with everything?" said Mark, stopping you from what you were doing. 

"Yeah... Thank you... Really though... Thank you for letting me stay here." you said, genuinely looking at him as his eyes twinkled at your gaze. 

   Putting things in the droor, you finally finished unpacking and lied on your bed, looking at the phone you had that was lying on your new desk. Staring at it, you slowly took it as you saw the booming text messages and missed calls that increased by the second. You gave a sad sigh as you gave Jimin a shot to talk to you. Slowly, you slid the notification, letting you call Jimin, almost immediately, you heard Jimin's voice, hoarse, desperate, and depressed, like the time you and Jimin failed a date. 

"J-Jin Hee-ah! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. Please come back... I know I'm the worst guy in the world right now but please... Please... let me explain." said Jimin, making your eyes water, sitting up from your matress. 

"I'm sorry but it's hard. I'll let you explain but make it quick." you said sharply. 

~ Jimin explaining to you what happened ~

"If it's to protect Jin Hee, I have to, don't I?" said Jimin to himself, getting ready to go to the bar. He walked over to your figure who was asleep, giving a sad sigh to you, wanting to just hug you and tell you everything was okay, he really wished it was. 

   Turning on the engine, he zoomed all the way to the bar, making it there in about 10 minutes. Slowly, he walked into the bar, only to see a crowd of people, dancing around, having fun, partying. He slid over to the bar table, sitting down as he blankly stared around until Yubin finally came in, wearing a mini dress that hugged her curves and gave her cleavage. Sighing, Jimin only gave a stare to her, uninterested from her apperance. 

"Hey there." croaked a man to Yubin as he was about to wrap his arms around her curves when she slapped him away, the man disappearing after she told him "later." Jimin looked at her as she gave a smile that would allure any guy except Jimin. He was over her tricks and was disgusted by the overall apperance of Yubin and the way she was acting towards him. 

"And what do you want now?" said Jimin as he added, "What do you want so you can leave me and Jin Hee alone." said Jimin, glaring at Yubin. 

Yubin only stared at her nails, admiring the polish that was freshly added onto her nails, only grinning at him. 

"You really do want me to leave, huh? Well, simple game we're playing then." said Yubin, staringi up at Jimin who only gave her a platonic stare. 

"Sir! Give me two bottles of alcohol please." yelled Yubin, the waiter immediately handing a bottle of alcohol to her and then Jimin, walking off after giving cups. 

"Drink up. Whoever gets drunk the fastest will be the loser, meaning that I don't have to stop what I'm doing. If you win, I'll stop. Just saying, I'm a great drinker." smirked Yubin, something suspicious. 

   Jimin began to hesitate because Yubin could be cheating for all he knew, but he couldn't take assumptions as he opened the fresh new bottle, staring at it as he poured a shot in, Yubin doing the exact same. 

"Bottoms up, oppa." said Yubin. 

   Shot after shot, Jimin had finished more than half the bottle, his face reddening from getting drunk. He kept trying to take more in but he was getting sick and dizzy, indicating Yubin's win. 

"Yah, Jimin. I won." said Yubin as she placed her hand on Jimin's cheek, grabbing his arm as he willingly followed Yubin over to a couch filled with the girls working at the bar who were all over him after that. 

"Sorry Jimin. Forgot to tell you I was actually just drinking water but I guess it's too late now, huh?" Yubin said with an evil grin. She then took proceeded to take a picture, sending it to you as you finally saw it, running over. 

   Yubin casually sat on the chair of the bar table, taking a few sips of real alcohol now, waiting over for you. She stared at the girls who were all over the eye candy who had no clue what was happening, too drunk to understand anything. As Yubin put her cup down, she could see you run into the bar, as she gave an evil smirk to see that the real person has finally arrived. Getting of the chair, she saw you run through the crowd, staring at Yubin. 

"He's there." said Yubin, smiling, walking off to a different area to go dance while you took the time to take in the misconception that Yubin had now created, making her laugh. 

When you left, she saw Jimin staggering off for you, the girls trying to go back for Jimin. 

"Ugh, he still knows that he broke her heart even when he's drunk? Guards, please these lovely ladies out of the bar and fire them, thanks for the cooperation girls." said Yubin to the strangers who were practically trying to feed off Jimin, the girls squealing and yelling vulgar words to Yubin who only smiled, going back to partying in satisfaction. 

~ End of Explanation ~

Shocked, you only could stare at the phone, where Jimin was there, begging you to come back for his mistakes that were trying to help you. You felt terribly for not believing him but you still couldn't look at Jimin right now, thinking about the kiss he had with a girl. 

"I get it... But... Can you p-please give me some time off? I can't handle things right now... Please, Jimin-ah..." you said sadly. 

"If you forgive me, take all the time you need off, but please, at least come back... For me..?" said Jimin desperately, making you soften. 

"I will. Give me some time, okay? And... give me some time to forgive you too." you said softly, Jimin giving a tiny "yes," as the two of you hung up. 

"Is that the guy who... made you run off?" said a voice, making you look up suddenly as you were shocked that you didn't notice a figure who was listening to you this whole time. 

"Y-yeah..." you answered softly, making him stare at you. 

"For now, don't think too much, okay? Dinner's ready so come on." said Mark, guiding you over to the dining table where Mark's sister, mom, and him sat down, awkardly sitting along with the family. 

"I hope you enjoy the food... I heard you come from Seoul? Such a beautiful place, we have to visit at some point, right honey?" said Mark's mom. 

"Yeah, that would be fun~!" said Mark's sister, seemingly mature. 

"Hello there, my name is Irene Tuan, nice to meet you! I'm Mark's older sister, I'm 20 years old." said Irene, smiling brightly at you, pulling her hand out to shake yours. 

"Hello, my name is Jung Jin Hee, it's nice to meet you." you said shyly, shaking her hand softly. 

   The four of you ate in silence, enjoying the food since you noticed that you haven't eaten since the incident between you and Jimin, slowly taking a bite every once in awhile, shy to the people around you who gave you small stares while you ate, making you hesitate. 

"Hey, Jin Hee, it seems like your new to Busan, want me to show you around?" said Mark happily, eating another spoonful of rice. 

"Sure..." you said gently, giving a tiny grin back to Mark. 

"Okay, we'll leave at 10am, there's alot to show around here~" said Mark happily, eyes twinkling once more staring at you. 

While the two of you had a conversation together, Irene and their mom could not help but stare at the two, Mark staring at you in a way they never seen before. 

"Mom, look at the way Mark looks at Jin Hee..." whispered Irene in awe. 

"Yeah... Omo..." said Mark's mom, staring at each other shocked at how Mark was acting towards you, his enthusiasm, his stare, and his genuine happiness that could be shown through his face. 

   After the meal, you thank Irene, Mark and Irene's mom, and Mark as the two of you talked a little more before you entered your room, grabbing clothes as you were heading to the bathroom after playing with your phone for a few minutes, texting Jimin once in awhile. When you were walking over to bathroom, suddenly the door opened, Mark having a towel wrapped around his lower body, his upper body unclothed. You can see his toned body as you blushed, quickly looking away as you apologized, making Mark embarrassed but also tease you. 

"Yah, it's okay, I'm going now." said Mark, walking off as you quickly entered the bathroom, your back against the wall, blushing hard. 

"I should be used to this since Jimin does that all the time." you whispered to yourself, quickly showering and putting on your pajamas, shorts and a t-shirt. 

   Walking out, you saw Mark waiting over you room, seeing you as this time he began to blush, looking down at you, as you noticed that he was staring at your legs, looking at him. 

"Yah, byuntae~!" you yelled, quickly running into your room, about to close the door until Mark put a foot so you couldn't close it. 

"Miyan. Didn't mean to look hehe." said Mark awkwardly, scratching his head at you, making you look at him. 

"Okay, well, wake me up if I don't wake up by the deadline tomorrow morning, okay? I'll see you later. Bye bye~" said Mark, grinning at you as he walked off, letting you close the door, staring at it. 

"Aigoo..." you said to yourself, putting on socks before you head into bed, opening your phone to see Jimin giving you one last text. 

Jimin: Again, I'm so sorry for everything. Sweet dreams. I love you my beautiful wifey. 

Even through text, he made your heart fasten as your face grew into a wide smile before replying back to him. 

Jin Hee: Good night my shining knight. I love you too. Good night, dream about me. 

   Smiling, you then began to charge your phone on the desk, closing it as you immediately fell into a deep sleep, tired from everything that happened in one day to you today, hoping for tomorrow to become less dramatic and more fun. 


A/N: Hello! I would like to welcome to you guys... Mark Tuan! Our beautiful new character! I added an older sister of his, not sure if he does have an older sister or not but I just wanted to add one in just because. Don't make assumptions yet and stay tuned! Double chapter this week! I had double chapters for Heart of Despair last week so now it's Fear to Fall's turn. I love you guys so much for supporting me throughout my chapters, please keep reading until the end my amazing beautiful viewers/readers! Read on and let you imagination roam! Goodbye, have a great day, love you guys so so so much~!