His Protective Side

Fear to Fall

   The morning that came, you quickly woke up, yawning from the fatigue you had after opening your eyes. You felt Jimin's warm chest surrounding your head, his heartbeat slow from being asleep, his arms protectively around your waist, holding you close. You wanted to stay like this but you knew that the both of you had school today, sadly getting off Jimin's tight embrace to go look at the time on your phone. It was about 6:05am, you got up and out of bed, pulling the blanket on Jimin more to give him warmth before you left for your routine in the morning. 

   After showering, you quickly woke Jimin up, planning to wake him up after you showered because that meant you didn't have to wait for Jimin to get ready for who knows how long. Shaking Jimin's shoulder, you heard Jimin's groan, making you giggle at him. "Hey, wake up, we have to go to school~" you said towards Jimin, as you can hear his deep morning voice that was muffled from his head in the pillows of the bed you shared with Jimin, "Andwae~ Stay with me and we can go tomorrow, yeah? Pleaseeee~" said Jimin in a childish manner. You shook your head at him, grabbing one of his arms now, saying, "No. We have to go, you're not hurt or anything, you didn't even take your pills yet and we need to buy them right now~" persistent at the tired Jimin. 

   From what seemed like an hour, you finally got Jimin out of bed, getting ready for school. You gathered the things you needed in your backpack, putting it on while also putting on your black converse that were ankle length, checking your surroundings in case you needed anything. It was about 7am by the time Jimin finally finished getting ready, the two of you getting into the car, Jimin driving to his trusted doctor's office that had medicine they prescripted downstairs of the office. It was only a five minute ride there fortunately, meaning that the two of you wouldn't make it to school late. 

   Finally, you got to the doctor's office, walking down the stairs, entering the room with the pharmacist having a conversation about prescriptions for another person. When the pharmacist saw the two of you enter, he quickly glanced towards us, slowly walking over to the counter to assist you and Jimin to whatever you needed. 

"Hello... Can we prescript pills for cases of cough? He's been coughing for the past couple days so do you think you could prescript medicine for this?" 

"Ah... I see. Give me a second to find the perfect medication that this boy needs... What is his name?"

"Park Jimin." 

"Perfect. Give me one second to sort out what is needed."  

   Patiently waiting, the pharmacist quickly came back, "Benzoatate will be what this boy needs... I think he might grow sick so how about we prescript pills for headaches and sneezing in case?" making your eyes light up from the great idea. You quickly nodded, "Thank you, we'll take the medications for that too." as the pharmacist gave a tiny nod, walking off to get the medications prescripted for Jimin. 

   Looking at the time, it turns out you and Jimin might come to school just before the bell rings or when it rings a little after. Touching the wound that Yubin created, you slowly brushed it to remind yourself what happened while you waited. You checked your phone as it read 7:15am by now. Jimin, taking your hand after you put your phone away, interlace his fingers with yours gently, staring into your eyes with a soft expression, a genuine feel. You gave the exact same stare back, not even noticing the pharmacist's helper looking at the two of you, melting to see the two of you lovey dovey. 

"Okay. Here are the pills." said the pharmacist finally after a few more minutes passing by. 

   Quickly, you walked over to the counter, the pharmacist explaining when to take the pills, what happens if there is an emergency, and side effects of overdose, making sure to tell us not to take too much. You then payed the pharmacist, taking the plastic bag, the pharmacist quickly adding before the two of you opened the door to leave, "My assistant couldn't keep her eyes off the two of you.. She wanted me to tell you guys that the two of you were very cute together." brightly staring at the two of you who had big grins on their faces from the compliment, bowing before leaving as the two of you said your "thank you" and "have a great day" to both the pharmacist and the assistant. 

   Looking at the time, when the two of you got into the car, it was already 7:35am. You told Jimin to be quick because the two of you might be late once again, Jimin assuring you that the two of you wouldn't. Taking out the pills for coughing, you read the labels and descriptions on the medicine, opening it up and taking out your water bottle, pouring out one pill for Jimin as the the street light turned red, halting Jimin to a stop. You then passed Jimin the pill and your waterbottle, Jimin grinning at you before taking it, giving you back the waterbottle. 

"I can always count on my beautiful wifey to save the day~ My beautiful angel~" cooed Jimin in a cheesy and loving way. 

You blushed at the nickname he just gave to you, softly hitting his shoulder, "Aigoo~ Just because I did this doesn't mean I'm an angel~" you said awkwardly, making Jimin brightly smile with his eye smile shining out. The two of you were cracking jokes, laughing in the car together during the whole car ride until the both of you finally made the destination at about 7:53am. You two quickly exited out of the car, before you could leave, you stole the prescription pills into your backpack in case Jimin needed them while at school as you left with Jimin to your class, the bell ringing once the two of you got into the gate. 

   Throughout the day, you were bored from the lectures you were getting from all your teachers, trying your best to take in what they were teaching you, struggling to stay awake from how boring the lessons were and the monotone voice that your teachers had. It was finally lunch time as you then walked to your locker, putting in books that you didn't need for now, closing it, only to see Yubin and her friends standing in front of you, arms crossed together, glaring at you. You looked at them in a menacing way, fearless to what would happen to you. "Tch, you really think you're that good, huh? Did the lesson I taught you yesterday get to you that Jimin isn't yours? If not, I can always teach you again today... Maybe even..." as Yubin brushed the cut she left on your face, "Now would be good too, huh?" you glared at her, slapping her hand off of you. 

"Look, Yubin. I tried to point out that I really was sorry for Jimin breaking up with you but you acting this way makes me think otherwise... What if he wanted to move on... Is it hard for you to move on too? Is this why you're trying to--" 

"Shut up!" shrieked Yubin in her high pitched voice, definitely annoyed from what word that left your lips directing towards her. Yubin, angry to see how confident you were even after she beat you up, got her to boiling point from how you weren't scared. Usually, the girls Yubin bullied immediately left the school, went on their knees to apologize to her, or even do public embarrassment with Yubin watching just to get her to be on "regular" terms with her. But you, you were different. You stood up to what you wanted and what was right and you knew that Yubin wasn't the right one for Jimin, not from assuming, but from how she made herself to you since day one. 

 "I guess the beating really didn't come into your head, I guess I'll have to once again,"

   Yubin raised her hand up swiftly, about to give you a hard slap to your cheek, making you close your eyes, only to feel nothing, making your eyes open up. You saw Yubin, shocked, to see Jimin holding Yubin's wrist, dropping it as he said, "Beating? You know, I was going to do the exact same thing you did to her when I saw her like this but I didn't because Jin Hee told me not to because she thought that you just needed to sort your thoughts and were confused to what to do. This--" as Jimin glared at Yubin, Cheeyoung, and Nayeon, "Is not sorting out thoughts... There's no confusion. You're just hurting Jin Hee because I like her and I moved on. Can't you get it? You need to move on Yubin. I'm sorry if I was harsh back then but we're not meant to be..." said Jimin in all honesty towards Yubin, taking your hand as he interlaced his fingers with yours, walking off quickly with you. 

   Shocked, Yubin grew angrier by the second as she screamed her head off when the two of you zoomed out the hallway as she stomped on the ground hard, Cheeyoung and Nayeon scared of Yubin from the way she acting. "E-e-eonnie.... are you alright? We'll get her back..." said Cheeyoung evilly towards Yubin, her anger rising from seeing the two of you together. "We're getting her back for sure. She can't take what's mine. Look at her, stooping so low. She'll pay. I'll make sure she does. Urgh!" Yubin said menacingly, stomping off with Nayeon and Cheeyoung closely following behind. 

   Sitting on the bench of the cafeteria, Jimin and the rest of the members were there, their mouth agape from what just happened. "So she hurt... Jin Hee?!" said Hoseok in pure shock, his anger rising to see someone hurt someone he cared about, he really thought of you as the little sister he never had. Taehyung pouting as he said, "No wonder you broke up with her. Heap of metal~!" making you laugh at Taehyung's insult to Yubin. 

"Oh! Jimin, here." 

   Quickly taking out the prescripted medicine bottle of pills for Jimin, you took one out and handed your waterbottle again, but halfway filled since you also took a drink out of it throughout the day. You then looked at Jimin as he swallowed the pill and took a long sip out of your waterbottle, handing back your waterbottle as he smiled, "You guys must be jealous... She's one of a kind. Look at how kind she is. My wifey~~~" said Jimin in the cheesiest way possible, making all the members cringe at him, Jimin wrapping both his arms around your waist protectively. 

   Laughing at all the jokes that everyone was making in your table, you then heard the bell ring as everyone was walking out of the cafeteria, the members all waving goodbye to you before you could leave, doing the same towards them, walking off with Jimin. "Thanks... For saving me on time..." you said sincerely and softly to Jimin, meaning ever single word you said to him. "No. It's not problem. But one thing I want you to promise to me is that you won't lie to me like yesterday, it got you hurt and it made me hurt too to see you like that. Don't do that, okay? Promise?" Jimin holding out his pinky to you, as you interlaced your pinky with his, touching thumbs after to "confirm" the promise that was called a stamp. 

   Waving goodbye to Jimin, you began to indulge yourself into class, trying your hardest to take in everything your teacher was saying once more, waiting for the day to end to be able to see Jimin once again as you missed him. The couple hours left of school went by as you were finally out of school, this time, you were quickly putting your stuff away into your locker, only to see Jimin rushing over to you as you looked at him, curious to why he was in a rush to see you. "What's wrong?" you said to him as he said, "O-oh... Nothing. Just wanted to see you.. Hahaha...." as Jimin ruffled his hair. 

   Finding out a few seconds after to why Jimin was rushing over to your side after school while putting your stuff away, you softened to see that he was ready to protect you when you needed it and he even came to you even though his class was literally across the campus from your class. You grinned up towards him, making him smile too. 

"Thanks for trying to keep me safe. That's really sweet." 

   Awkwardly, you looked towards him as you kissed his cheek, making Jimin shocked from your bold actions towards him. He then yelled a "yes" as he started to crazily dance around the hallway from you initiating skinship for once, happy. You only laughed awkwardly, blushing from your actions, but not regretting it as you knew not only was Jimin waiting for the day you would something like that but also the fact that you couldn't help but do something special for him when he did everything special for you. 

   Jimin, interlacing his fingers with you once more, kissed your forehead as he walked off with you out of the school to the car. You felt like you were in bliss around Jimin, he made you feel like you really worth something in this cold-hearted world, you hoped that he felt the same way for you too as you couldn't wish for anything better than Jimin. 

"Yah, wake up~" 

"Huh?" 

   Dumbfounded, you were standing there, staring at the car door blankly as you were deep in your thoughts, Jimin inside the car already, calling your name. You quickly scrambled into the car as you apologized embarrassingly to him, making him grin from how pink you were, he thought it was cute when your face turned different shades of pink, he thought you were perfect and he wasn't afraid to say that to you too. 


A/N: Ayo ladies and gentlemen~! Hahaha, sorry... *embarrassed* but anyway, this little cute chapter hopefully made you enjoy it... Lots of hand holding in here and the fluffiness was real yo~ I hope it wasn't boring to you guys and if there are any grammical errors or spelling mistakes, my apologies of course, if I find them myself, I'll fix them but I'm not perfect after all... Thank you so much for watching, once again I upload after a chapter has been created for Heart of Despair, my other fanfic. Love you guys^^ Have a great day and stay tuned for the next chapter that will come out at some point, goodbye <3