Chapter 9

FATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KCON Japan Rehearsal 
Mark’s POV
        ‘Guys, can you move faster? We’re late for the rehearsal already. And remember, we still have to help Mark set up the rooftop for his surprise after that,’ Jaebum reminded us.
        ‘It’s only 1.30p.m., our rehearsal starts at 2p.m. We’re already here! Why are you rushing us?’ Bambam asked.
        ‘It’s better to be early than late. Plus the faster we finish this, the more time we have to help Mark,’ Jaebum explained.
         ‘I still can’t believe I agreed on helping Mark with his surprise for Mijoo. Don’t you think he’s doing too much for a girl?’ Yugyeom said.
         ‘Oh, shut it Yugyeom. You’re still young, you don’t know anything yet. Wait till you grown up, you will understand. Who knows, maybe you’ll do the same too when you finally meet the one,’ I said to him.
          He just playfully pushed me to the side and in return, I did the same to him. Both of us were fooling around backstage, making a lot of noise.
         ‘It’s our turn to rehearse now. Stop it, you two,’ Jaebum said and we stop playing.
         As we enter the stage, Lovelyz was exiting it. We pass by each other and were supporting each other by giving encouragement. The moment I saw Mijoo, I had the biggest smile on my face but at the same time, seeing her makes me feel so scared and nervous. What if this happen, what if that happen. All these wild thoughts are running through my head. But the worst will be her saying, ‘Sorry, Mark, I don’t feel the same way as you.’ Hold on, Baby Soul did say that she like me but what if she lie to me? Should I even trust her words?
After rehearsal
         ‘Can we go back to the hotel now? The rooftop looks fine already,’ Bambam complained.
          ‘Okay, fine. But remember, tomorrow must be perfect. I can’t afford it to have any mistakes. If you guys screw it up, you will get it from me. I’ll stay here to do the finishing touches.’
          ‘Yes, Mark. We know, you’ve been saying that since forever. Anyway, don’t stay for too long,’ Jaebum told me, then they left.
KCON Japan 150420
Mijoo’s POV
      ‘Hey!’ I heard someone said and tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Mark who is giving a smile to me.
      ‘Oh, hi,’ I replied back.
      ‘Nervous for later?’
      ‘I guess so since this is our first oversea performance.’
      ‘Don’t be,’ he said reassuringly as he place both his hands on my shoulder, looking at me with eyes that is filled with warmth.
      I could feel that he really meant what he said, telling me not to be nervous. He was looking at me, not even trying to break the eye contact we are having now. I could only nod my head shyly.
      ‘Ahem, Mark, we need to be on stand by now,’ Jaebum said, interrupting us.
      ‘Oh, okay. Mijoo, see you later I guess?’
      I nod my head again and he left. I touch my cheeks which is burning right now from the look he had given to me moments ago. I was trying my best to cool it down by fanning myself real hard.
      ‘Lovelyz, you’re next for the opening!’ a staff yelled and here I am still fanning myself.
      ‘Mijoo, are you okay?’ Baby Soul asked.
      ‘Huh? Ah, yeah, I’m fine,’ I let out nervously.
      ‘Lovelyz, you’ll be out in thirty seconds!’ the staff yelled again.
      Baby Soul just patted me on the shoulder and both of us get ready to be on stage.
      The moment the announcer said our group name, I stop myself from blushing. Once the entrance was open, all the audience screamed and cheered for us. It felt really nice for them to support us. I waved to them as I walked towards the right side of the stage where apparently Got7 was standing there. I stood beside Jackson and wait for the other performers to come out.
      ‘Mijoo, good luck for later!’ Jackson suddenly told me. I was a bit startled when he said that to me since we barely talk with each other.
      ‘Um, yeah. You too…’ I said and as I said that, I could see Mark glaring at Jackson. Why is even looking at him this way? Weird.
      Soon, the stage was pitch black, signaling us to go back to the waiting room to allow the first group to perform.
Mark’s POV
        ‘What the was that Jackson Wang?!’ I exclaimed to him while walking back to the waiting room.
        ‘What did I do?’ Jackson asked, looking confused.
        ‘You talk to Mijoo in front of everyone on the stage.’
        ‘So? I’m just wishing her good luck. I think you are overreacting, plus you’re not the only one that is allowed to talk to her.’
        ‘You might ruin everything because of that one stupid sentence you said,’ I told him as we enter the waiting room.
        Jackson’s right. You are indeed overreacting. You need to calm down,’ Jinyoung said. I looked at the rest of the members and they were nodding their head, agreeing with what Jinyoung had just said.
        I was at a loss for words when they said that. I mean, I have the rights to be like this. Today is the day, I’m not gonna let anyone ruin this day.
       ‘Good job, you have work hard,’ I said to the other artistes who walk pass me. I was going back to the waiting room from my performance with Jun K. and Jackson when I saw a familiar figure walking towards my direction.
      ‘Nice performance you have!’ Mijoo said, giving me a thumbs up.
      ‘You too on your Hi~ performance,’ I said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter