Chapter 23

FATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

151225 – Christmas

Mark’s POV

   ‘Look, love. It is snowing,’ Mijoo said, her face filled with innocence as she stared at the white large flakes falling from the night sky.

   I was grinning from ear to ear, witnessing her acting like a child that was as if seeing snow for the first time. She got one hand out to feel the flakes and was in awe by it. I could not help myself but to smile like an idiot watching her. She was this pure and adorable.

  I slowly moved behind her to capture her petite waist. I could sense that she was slightly tensed at first but soon, she relaxed upon my touch. She was shivering as well due to the cold outside so I hugged her tighter, hoping that it would keep her warm.

   ‘I still do not get why you drag me up here when I can continue my partying,’ I said, my chin touching on her shoulder.

  She spun around, facing me, reaching her hand out to teasingly pinch my nose. ‘Gee, Mark. Partying? You call that partying? You were standing in the middle of nowhere, not moving a single inch and you look so adorably awkward and you are telling me straight in the face that you are partying?’ Mijoo shot back at me.

   ‘Well, that is the definition of partying to me,’ I replied with much confidence.

   She went speechless at my comeback and was shaking her head nonstop.

   ‘I thought you knew better as of the reason I made you leave. You are a guy. Did you not hear the type of questions Infinite were inquiring you? It is so personal especially when it is related to us,’ she said.

   I was thinking hard, trying to recall the series of events that happened not too long ago.

Six Hours Ago

   ‘Hey! Merry Christmas! And Merry Christmas to you as well,’ Mijoo said the moment she entered our waiting room. She gently tapped on my shoulder, making her way to an available seat. It was a Music Bank Christmas Special where more than ten artistes and groups performed on this eventful day.

   I was still in the midst of putting my make-up when Mijoo arrived. It took longer than usual for the make-up artist to make me look the finest as I admit I was pretty much distracted by someone’s presence. I would occasionally turned my head to take a good look at her but the make-up artist chided me to concentrate at the front instead of at the side.

   She got so pissed at one point that she burst out, ‘Aish, Mark! It will be finished a lot earlier if you have not turn your uncontrollable body to stare at your girlfriend.’ I put my hand up, surrendering myself. From my peripheral vision, I could see Mijoo pointing to the front. Like an obedient child, I listened to Mijoo’s words instead.

   After some time, the make-up procedure was finally done. Mijoo not aware that it was finished, was too busy in her own world. Even as I was a few inches away from her, she did not take notice of her surroundings. Only when I ruffled her hair which angered her a little, she then knew that I was right next to her. Since she was sitting comfortably, I kneeled down to the same level as her.

   ‘Merry Christmas,’ I beamed.

   ‘Same goes to you,’ she grinned as she laced my fingers with hers.

   ‘Mark, look at what Jackson is holding,’ Yugyeom said, trying to suppress his laughter.

   Mijoo and I both checked on him and my eyes immediately widened. I stared at him in disbelief. Apparently, he was holding a mistletoe above our heads. I should have seen this antic coming up to his sleeve. Everyone spotted this scene and instantaneously started to chant ‘kiss, kiss, kiss’ including the staff members.

   Mijoo was looking at me with pleading eyes. She was still slightly sick and was at the recovering stage. She did instruct me to not kiss her as she do not want to spread the germs to me. I accepted her request though it will be challenging for me. Not being able to kiss Mijoo till she is fully recovered, was just plain torture. At least, I had the chance to hug her.

   I looked at Mijoo who was mouthing the word ‘no’. I smirked as I had an idea running through my mind. I grabbed the back of Mijoo’s head, making it seem like I was about to kiss her. She already had her hands out, wanting to push me away. However, I changed my direction and went straight to Jinyoung’s instead. I quickly peck him on the cheek which make everyone’s jaw drop.

   ‘What… the hell just happen?’ Bambam asked.

   ‘Ah, Mark! Why did you do that?! You should have done that to Jackson instead of me,’ Jinyoung whined, rubbing his now red cheeks. I shrugged my shoulders in response, acting as if what I did was not a big deal.

   ‘Dude, are you okay?’ Jaebum inquired, patting my shoulder.

   ‘Of course I am,’ I answered while moving next to Mijoo. I winked at her while she gave me a thumbs up.

   ‘Hi.’ Just then, two feminine voices could be heard. It turns out that the voices belonged to Jin and Jisoo.

   ‘May I borrow her for a while?’ Jin asked. I signaled her that she could and the three of them went to a corner of the waiting room to discuss about some matters.

   Somehow, they were talking a bit too loud that almost everyone in the area could hear them. They were saying about some party or some sort.

   A curious person I am, I voiced out, ‘What party?’

   ‘It is an annual Christmas party that the company host,’ Jisoo explained.

   ‘I already told you guys that I will not be going,’ Mijoo said.

   ‘Well, I want to go,’ I commented. That took everybody by surprised.

   ‘Sweetie, you do not know what you are speaking. It is not that kind of wild party where people will get dead drunk and vomit everywhere. It is the dull type. Trust me, I have attended it each year and the things there do not change,’ Mijoo said.

   ‘It will be fun. Maybe they change things up this year? It is confirm. Mijoo and I will be there,’ I announced the latest news.

   Before she could say anything else, Jin and Jisoo pushed her out of the waiting room.

   The party would n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter