Chapter 16

FATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mijoo’s POV

 

The vast, seemingly empty, space was filled with glittering, diamond-like stars. Each twinkling star seemed to be in its proper place, filling empty spaces. Shadowy, ribbon-like clouds were flowing around the full moon. Each crater on its bright face was visible. The moon, the stars, the streaming clouds, everything glowed with its own ominous light. Everything was perfect.

 

Except that it will be more perfect if he’s here.

 

I sighed while admiring the beauty before me. I missed him so much. I have not seen him for a few weeks now since he’s busy with his comeback. Sure, we did talk on the phone once in a while despite him being tired every day after his schedules. But it’s different. I want to be able to see and touch him physically and not just hear his voice.

 

Reminiscing the time that I spent with Mark before his strenuous timetable started, I heard faint footsteps which were getting louder by the minute.

 

Assuming that it was Baby Soul who came up to the rooftop to let me know that it’s already late and that I should head back to get some rest, I continued to view the night sky with my back facing her as I informed her that I will be down in five minutes.

 

Instead of getting any responses from her, all I heard was a small laughter. Moreover, the laughter doesn’t belong to Baby Soul. Then, I sensed that the person was behind me and there, I smelled a scent which was too familiar. A scent that I could recognize. Is it him?

 

Before I could even turn around to find out who is this mysterious person, a warm pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I heard a deep voice saying, ‘I miss you’. From that moment, I knew it was him. The touch, the scent, the voice that I’ve yearn for a long time is finally here. Feeling the warmth, I placed my two hands over his as we silently watch the night sky, enjoying the presence of each other. It feels good for Mark to be here at this very moment. It just could not get any better than this with him by my side. 

 

‘What are you doing here? Don’t you have Music Bank tomorrow early in the morning? How do you even know I’m here?’ I inquired, turning around to face him with my hands hugging his neck, bringing him closer to me.

 

‘One question at a time babe,’ Mark chuckled while placing a kiss on my forehead. I blushed lightly when he did that.

 

‘What are you doing here at this time? It’s nearing midnight, you should be at your dorm sleeping now,’ I asked again.

 

‘I would rather use my only free time to see you than to sleep,’ he answered as his lips landed on my forehead again. I smiled softly upon hearing his reply. He’s willing to sacrifice his resting period even though he need to get up early for his schedule the next day in order to meet me. How sweet of him.

 

‘Then how do you know I’m here?’

 

‘Well. You told me that you love to see the night sky the first time we met. I remembered you telling me that you would always go to the rooftop and observe it before you go to sleep so that you will have a good dream,’ he shot his dashing grin at me before planting a gentle kiss on my lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter