Chapter 22

FATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

151221

Mark’s POV

‘Hey, it has been weeks since you last saw her. What is your relationship with her now?’ Jinyoung asked, who was standing by my room’s door. I was lying restlessly on my bed, playing around my with my phone till Jinyoung came and interrupted my empty thoughts.

 

‘I do not know, really…’ I said, my voice inaudible but Jinyoung still managed to catch my few words. I closed my eyes, letting out a heavy sigh. ‘I need some peace,’ I continued. Jinyoung got it and he left the room. I knew that he wanted to cheer me up, the other members did tried their luck as well but their words did not came through me. I have been a cold guy for some weeks now, locking myself in the room, coming out when it is necessary. Other than that, I will just caged myself.

 

I was still upset and really pissed for what had happened between Mijoo and I three weeks ago. The memory of the argument was still fresh on my mind. I remembered everything clearly at the back of my head. It was as if that heated dispute happened just yesterday.

 

Flashback

 

‘Mark, do you trust your members?’ I was flustered at Mijoo’s sudden question how ever I simply thought that it was just her curiosity. So I answered with certainty that I do have trust in my members.

 

However, her second question weirded me out. I was sensing an odd vibe coming out from her. ‘Do you trust me?’ Does she not know the obvious? I still have the mindset that she was just toying with me but now with a hint of worried filled in my body. I was slowly getting tensed up with her sudden change of mood. This is not the Mijoo that I know of. Is something wrong?

 

Then, the minute she asked the final question, that was it. The question itself made me feel that the trust between us two was not strong enough. I was getting agitated. It was not that I do not trust her, but it was more of my own self. Whenever she talked to the members, insecurities started to build up. Somehow, it made me think that she got bored of me and I feel like the relationship is going to end. I wanted to tell her about it but what if she will misunderstand it and more problems will arise?

 

I wanted to reply her with much calmness however my feelings got over me and I started to yell at her. She was indeed shook at my reaction and shouted at me back. That was when the emotions had reach its maximum level. We kept on raising our volumes at each other and it could not be stop at this point. The conflict was becoming more serious. I wanted to put an end to it but I could not seem to.

 

I could tell that she was feeling frustrated based on her looks. I was too. This has never happened before, having a major fight about trust issues. I always thought that that the foundation of our relationship was strong and sturdy, I was proven wrong now and I could picture it that it was falling apart in seconds.

 

She stormed off, saying she needed a break from this and leave me hanging there. When she left, I realized what I had done and mentally cursed at myself. I was angered by this whole mess. I was annoyed at myself for acting so harsh towards her. My emotions got over me and this was what happened.

 

I kept on rubbing my face, ruffling my hair and pacing back and forth with no clue on how to save this plight. It is not like I could chase after her and act like everything was fine. She already said that she needed a break from this. This? This as in our relationship or an escape from this situation?

 

The members came back along with Youngjae. They could sense the tensed atmosphere in the living room as they all asked what happened.

 

‘We saw Mijoo walking while crying just now. She did not respond back when we greeted her though,’ Yugyeom said.

 

‘What happened? Did you two argue?’ Jaebum asked, concerned. I told them the whole thing from square one. They were listening attentively to every single word that I speak of.

 

‘Talk to her after everything is cooled,’ Jaebum advised. It is easier to be said than done. I do not even know when will everything be cooled. I hope for the best that this controversy will be fixed as soon as possible as I do not want to lose Mijoo.

 

Flashback End

 

I still feel frustrated up till now, I really do. I wanted to mend things with her but I could not find the ‘right’ timing to do so.

 

Three Weeks Ago

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter