Chapter 34

FATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark’s POV

The noun ‘Remorse’ means deep regret or guilt for a wrong committed. The word is an emotional expression of personal regret felt by a person after they have committed an act which they deemed to be shameful, hurtful or violent. The term explains perfectly on how I feel for the past one month. I immediately regretted every word I say to her and if only I could turn back time, restarting all over again, I will take back my words that I did not mean to say.

Those awful remarks hurt her, I can tell. When I was the host for Simply Kpop for another week, she took my statement by heart and ignored my presence if we ran into each other. I did promise that I will stop bothering her and I kept it; for one month, I did not intentionally see or speak to her. Exactly like her, I pretend to not know of her existence as well.

Of course, being separated and shunning each other, I have not figure out what she is hiding from me. Thinking about it, I should have been more considerate towards her feelings because there is a reason why she is stopping me from finding out. I should be more thoughtful, why did I act so stupidly rash?

I miss her so much, it is driving me insane. It is causing me to do all sorts of strange stuffs. I miss her that much till I have to search for her on the internet, hoping to see if there is any news of her. I want to know how she has been doing lately. Call me a creep but I do not care.

As if it is a usual routine for me to do on a daily basis, I type her name on one of the Korean site. There is a sudden flash of news about her and it is topping on the most read articles. My eyes grow wide when I see the title of it.

Lovelyz’s Mi Joo Suffers Injury On “Music Bank”

Lovelyz’s Mi Joo unfortunately suffered an injury while performing on KBS 2TV’s “Music Bank.”

A representative from her agency Woollim Entertainment stated, “Mi Joo sprained her ankle while dancing live on ‘Music Bank.’ Despite the pain, she finished the rest of the song and got help from their manager while getting off the stage. She is currently getting examined at a hospital.”

Mi Joo sprained her ankle while performing “Destiny.” Though it was obvious that she must have been in pain, she did not even voice her pain due to her microphone. The specific moment she sprained her ankle was not caught on the live camera.

The Lovelyz members are currently awaiting her results at a hospital near Yeoido. Whether or not she will be able to join the members in following schedules depends on her diagnosis.

Below is a video of their performance. It appears as though the injury occurred around the 2:28 mark.

We wish Mi Joo a speedy recovery.

Sh*t.

There is no purpose for me to watch the clip; by reading the article itself already causes the pain to fill my entire heart, viewing it will only double the amount of pain. I know I need to be there with her, I cannot not bother her anymore. Deep in my heart, I can sense that she wants me to be by her side as well.

I arrive at the said hospital who Hun Seok texts me the details and Seung Hoon sending me. After getting the information from the receptionist about where she is currently rooming, I go on to search for her room number.

When I finally found it, I see the members of Lovelyz and Hun Seok crowding at the side of her bed with her sleeping soundly on it. One of her legs is lifted where her casted ankle can be visibly seen. She looks peaceful sleeping and the sight of her warmth my heart. However, with her being injured, the sight aches my heart at the same time.

I carefully knock on the door, notifying everyone of my presence. The girls plus Hun Seok greet me as I greeted them back. While the girls are keeping an eye on her, Hun Seok fills me in about the incident outside of the room.

“… And Mi Joo needs to stay for further examination for a few days,” Hun Seok adds lastly. Bearing the internal pain that I am feeling while listening to him describing about the incident in depth, I nod at the final saying, knowing beforehand that it is a necessary procedure to be kept in the hospital for some days to inspect on the injury; in case anything damaging could potentially happen.

They decide to leave upon my arrival and to also allow Mi Joo and I to be in privacy. I hold onto her soft hands, sitting on an empty chair next to her bed. As I hold onto it, I hear faint mumbling from her and she is pulling me closer to her. Her eyebrows are furrowed with her tightening the grip on our intertwined fingers. Her frown disappears when I caress her cheek gently with my other hand. She continues sleeping soundly, a sigh of relief escapes from my lips. She must have experience a nightmare.

I watch her closely by her side, never leaving my sight off her. With my hand still tightly intact to hers, my eyelids grow heavier as time passes. I slowly drift off to sleep, waiting for the time that she will wake up.

 

My eyes shoot open in an instant when I sense a slight movement underneath the covers. She is awake; her orbs staring into mine. Our fingers are still interlaced and I notice that her free hand is near my face as if making an attempt to touch it. She retrieves her hand back and just gazes at me fondly. Her pink lips soon curl up, forming that smile which I go crazy for.

Without questioning about my appearance first, Mi Joo asks so innocently like a child, “Where are the other members and Hun Seok?”

“They went back, leaving me to accompany you. Are you hungry?” It is already half past seven, an hour after dosing off to dreamland. She nods her head cutely in response and I cannot help but chuckle slightly at her irresistible reaction.

As I am about to leave to get her dinner, Mi Joo halts my movement by grabbing our still inseparable hands firmer. “Please stay for a while,” Mi Joo whispers.

“Okay,” I mutter, falling back to the empty chair.

Surprisingly enough, the silence is comfortable. The fact that she did not ask about my presence; as if she expected me to be here and our interlocked fingers which she does not seem to mind, makes the whole atmosphere warmer than I anticipated it to be.

After a few short minutes of the two of us just soaking in each other’s company, I deci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter