Chapter 24

FATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

151231 – MBC Music Festival

Mijoo’s POV

   ‘I am telling you, Mijoo. He was looking at you the whole time during his performance literally,’ Sujeong said. The others agreed to what the second youngest had mentioned.

   We had just completed our rendition for the year end music programme. We were heading back to the seating area where we would get to watch the other groups’ dance when Sujeong speak out.

   ‘No, you must be mistaken. He was clearly looking at the camera, not me,’ I replied back.

   There were two separate stages for this event. Got7 and 2PM were the first to start off the show and we came next after their collaboration. The two groups were performing at the minor stage while we were doing ours on the main stage. Since it was a live broadcast, we had to be on the platform earlier to prepare ourselves.

   All eyes were fixed on their swift dance moves. I was bobbing my head to the catchy music they were using for their performance. I was studying everyone’s movement but Mark always catches my attention first. Though the song chosen was clearly a party theme, he was doing it more seductively. A smirk would appear on his face once in a while or he would his lips. I was trying to divert my eyes to another member as whatever Mark was doing, my heart could jump out any moment. He was seriously such a tease at that point.

   ‘Suit yourself but I am right anyways,’ Sujeong answered.

   She was indeed correct actually. I denied it to prevent myself from getting teased by them. I noticed it while I was observing the performance. His brown orbs were staring right into my eyes all along. I could not believe that the girls knew of this as well, I thought I was the only one that realized it. No wonder they kept looking at me. That got me thinking, hard. Were they looking at Mark the entire time?

   ‘Ah, crap. My shoelace is undone. You guys go ahead first, I will catch up,’ I said. 

   Once I finished tying the knot, I continued my walking.

   As I was trying to join back with my members which they are nowhere to be found now, someone grabbed me from the side. I let out a loud yelp.

   I got pretty scared instantly as I freaking thought I was being kidnapped by some mad man until I heard a deep voice. 

   ‘Did I scare you?’ was all the mystery guy said. Though my back was facing the person, I figured out who it was at once.

   The moment I turned around, my mouth gaped and I gawked at the figure in front of me. The only thought that was running in my mind was what the is he wearing.

   Mark was supposed to wear a cute comfortable grey hoodie but apparently now he was in a black blazer with a mesh outfit underneath it where his bare body could be visibly seen.

   ‘You did… now. Is this going to be your outfit for your ‘If You Do’ stage?’

   ‘Yeah but somehow only Jackson and I wear this. Why? You like it?’ he asked playfully.

   ‘Your fans will like it. A lot,’ I responded, not answering his question.

   ‘Yeah, I know that too,’ he said.

   Mark suddenly took out the fedora that was over my head and began my hair. I got puzzled at his unforeseen behavior. He chuckled lightly at my reaction which lead me to be more confused.

   ‘So,’ he began talking. ‘You want to marry me?’

   I felt the time pause when he said those words. I did not hear it wrongly right? He just asked if I want to marry him. Oh my God.

   I did think about the future but not this far ahead. We have discussed about the later part in our relationship but not on this topic. Both of us knew that we are not ready for such a big commitment yet. We have only been together for eight months and he is thinking about marriage. Is he on his right mind?

   ‘Wh… what?’ I stuttered.

   ‘The acapella you did just now.’

   ‘Oh,’ I answered. He was referring to the piece that Lovelyz was covering for our acapella which was ‘Marry You’ by Bruno Mars.

   ‘Maybe I do, Mark Tuan,’ I teased back at him.

   ‘Glad to hear that, Lee Mijoo,’ he replied.

   I do not know if he really meant what he said but I know I am certain about my choice.

   Realizing that the two of us were extremely late in joining back with our members just to spend minimal time with each other, we went our separate ways. 

   ‘Hey, what took you so long to catch up with us?’ Kei inquired once I returned.

   ‘Well, you know,’ I said.

   ‘They were probably making out at the backstage,’ Baby Soul added flatly whilst her eyes were on the performance.

   The others smiled devilishly at me while I went speechless at her remark.

   ‘Do not look at me like that! Focus in front,’ I responded with my fingers pointing at the stage.

   This is going to be one hell of a night with them.

-

   ‘Are we changing seats?’ Jiae questioned.

   Before 2PM start their performance, there was another round of shifting seats again. Lucky us, we get to stay in our original place.

   Turns out, the group that was behind us had to swap their seats with Got7, much to my delight.

   Since their seats are at the upper tier, they had to use the steps and passed by us. Mark was the last to walk in so the only spot left was behind me. While walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter