Chapter 14

FATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark’s POV

 

‘Manyang haengbokhanmyeon dwae geokjeong eopsi-’

 

‘Wait. Sorry, Mark. Could we try it again? I need more feeling. You know what your part meant right? The girl needs to feel great about herself, that she has no flaws, she is perfect just being herself. Let’s try one more time, shall we,’ JYP advised.

 

I was in the recording studio recording my rap in our new mini album title track, ‘Just Right’. It was my first attempt in recording my part after I practiced pronouncing the words perfectly. Like always, the first recording will not satisfy JYP. He will tell me that I need more of this or more of that every time I record my part. It requires a few till it reaches his expectation.

 

I gave him an okay sign and restart all over again.

 

‘Manyang haengbokhanmyeon dwae geokjeong eopsi bujokhan jeomi mwonji chatgi eopgi geoul daesin geunyang nae nun bicheul barabwa jeoul daesin nae deung wie ollatabwa bwa.’

 

‘This is much better. But I believe you could do more than this. Put more soul into it, alright,’ he said while showing me, I assumed his most emotional face.

 

Once again, I listened to his guidance and did it again for the third time. As I was rapping midway, JYP suddenly stop me. I was bemuse for a second there. I was doing fine though, I guessed. Why did he come to a pause?

 

I looked at him and noticed the change in his expression, a serious one to a happier one. He then started laughing out of nowhere which made me freak out for a bit. What is wrong with this old dude was all that I could think of.

 

He signaled me to come out of the room after a few moments, still roaring with laughter at I don’t even know what. It took a while for him to calm down and then looked at me with a smirk.

 

‘So I have this crazy idea,’ he started to speak.

 

Aren’t you the crazy one here, I thought.

 

‘You know this song is about telling a girl that she’s faultless regardless of her look, right?’  I could sense that he’s up to some already, an insane one.

 

‘Since you got yourself a girl, why don’t we call her to come here and when she’s here, you’ll be recording again while looking at her and there, I will be able to feel your soul and emotions that you put in finally and you’ll be done for today. Isn’t that a brilliant idea? Ain’t I brilliant? Tell me that I’m brilliant Mark,’ JYP said with a pleasing look.

 

I cocked an eyebrow at him. Did hear him correctly? He wants Mijoo to be here? My Mijoo? To be honest, he sounded and looked like a creepy ert while explaining to me his so called brilliant idea. I just continued looking at him blankly, still not giving any answers to him. He stared at me. I stared at him. What could I say to him? That his idea and it made him looked like a lunatic?

 

We were having this staring competition for at least a minute till JYP finally spoke. ‘Silence means yes.’ I blinked my eyes twice and wanted to say something but he shifted his attention to a staff member.

 

‘Call Lovelyz’s manager and tell him to bring Mijoo over here as soon as possible. Thanks.’ The staff member then bowed her head and quietly left the room afterwards. He seriously was not joking at all, he was being real about this whole thing. In a few moments, Mijoo would be here in this weird situation whereby I have no clue what she’s going to do. Oh boy.

 

I was sitting comfortably on the chair for the past thirty minutes using my phone while waiting for Mijoo to come. JYP was still in the recording studio, well both of us were always inside the studio the whole time, too lazy to move our out or should I say mine only since he was too engross in his music making and could not care less about my presence in this room. 

 

After what seem like eternity, there was a knock on the door and in came the staff member with Mijoo behind. I stood up at once and gave Mijoo a bear hug. It had been more than a week since I last saw her and I’ve missed her so badly.

 

She look petrified by JYP when I introduced her to him. I was also terrified too when I first saw him, I mean who wouldn’t be? I then explained to her about JYP’s plan and she just told me to get started already. Doesn’t she have more to say like how abnormal this is or is it just me that find this idea odd? Hmm…

 

I got back in to start work, as I began, I was looking at Mijoo lovingly instead of the score sheet. While rapping my part and looking at her, I meant every single word that I say with my whole heart. Like what the lyrics was saying that the girl should be just happy and not worry about her imperfection, instead of the mirror, she should be looking into my eyes telling her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter