Chapter 39

FATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sequel Part lll

News of the couple’s engagement spread like wildfire the moment they announce it. Comments from netizens rapidly pile up in many sites, wishing the pair a happy marriage – of course, there will be those typical few who remain bitter about it and send negative remarks. Other than that, most are glad to give their blessing to Mark and Mi Joo.

Over the course of four months, both are busy preparing for their wedding but it is mainly Mi Joo who has most of the hard work thrown on her side. She has been trying on wedding dresses after wedding dresses when she finally finds the one, choosing the flowers and many more. The list is endless. Just like any girl, Mi Joo dreams her wedding to be perfect.

The wedding is set to be on September as they have come to an agreement to be wed on their birthday month. They decide to host the wedding in Korea since it is easier with only Mark’s family and friends coming over for the grand event. The ceremony is private so only close family, friends and colleagues are invited.

Mark along with Jin Young who is the best man are greeting the guests that arrive to the hall. Mi Joo on the other hand is getting all dress up, with hairs neatly styled and make-up properly drawn. Ji Soo is the maid of honour so she is helping the girl with the preparations but mainly trying her best to keep Mi Joo cooled down. With the remaining members, they are the bridesmaid and groomsmen, leading the guests to their respective seats and accompanying them until the ceremony starts.

“Ji Soo, it is normal to feel nervous, right?” Mi Joo asks while the hairstylist is creating curls at the bottom.

Ji Soo who is already in her attire which is a red wine lace camisole maxi dress, her long silky hair flowing down at her right paired up with a black heeled sandal, smiles at her best friend’s uncertainty. “Of course, it is normal to feel this way. Though I do not have any experience of getting married,” Ji Soo jokes at her last point, hoping it will ease the girl’s nerves.

Mi Joo lets out a faint chuckle at her friend’s attempt of cracking a joke. “I cannot believe I am going to be someone’s wife after today,” Mi Joo says, staring at her reflection on the mirror. By now, her hair is done and is only left with applying the make-up and wearing her wedding dress.

“You will do fine,” Ji Soo replies, giving a light squeeze on the girl’s shoulder.

Mi Joo does not know why she is worried and anxious about the thought of marriage. Maybe it is because the two have been through many ups and downs in their relationship so it only causes her to be more frantic about their upcoming marriage life. However, realising that they have overcome many obstacles in their six years of dating, she knows deep in heart they will just do fine in the future.

“I am so happy that you have found the one in your life,” Ji Soo says, semi back hugging the girl for she does not want to mess up her flawless hairdo. Mi Joo only grins at her words, very appreciative for her support. Without Ji Soo or basically without the existence of her members whom she grown so close and fond of, Mi Joo cannot imagine what her life will be if they are not here.

Unbeknownst to Mi Joo, Mark, on the other hand, is all tense, only putting a smile on his face as an act to cover up his anxiety when he welcomes the guests warmly outside the hall. He is already in his black suit and tie, looking very smart with his hair combed upwards.

Mark stands by the door, his smile never leaving his face. Beads of sweats starts forming on his forehead as contrast to the cooling weather. Those are cold sweats that are slowly dripping down to the ground.

Jin Young who is beside him all this time since he is also welcoming the guests, notices this sight of Mark. He pats his back when there are currently no guests showing up as a way to tell Mark to relax and recollects his thoughts for a few seconds. Mark can only let out a nervous chuckle nonetheless grateful for his best man’s kind gesture.

Jin Young begins to massage the nape of Mark’s neck with his lips creasing upwards that causes his eye wrinkles to form. He is also dressed in a black suit and tie, his hair gel up as well. “You got to chill, man,” Jin Young states, referring to Mark’s sweat droplets.

“I am trying to,” Mark responds, wiping them off using his handkerchief.

“The day has finally come ~” Jin Young mentions in a teasing manner with the hopes of reducing the guy’s concern. “Who knew Mark Tuan will be the first in our group to get married?”

“I have no idea either but I sure am lucky to find her,” Mark says, completely distracted in an instant at the sudden mention of his soon-wife-to-be. He wonders how she is doing and if she is coping well with the situation. He cannot wait to see her walk down the aisle in her beautiful wedding dress, boosting his anticipation at the thought of how stunning she will look in it.

 

Ji Soo gasps in admiration when the bride comes out of the dressing room. Mi Joo looks absolutely gorgeous in her white wedding dress – it is of a high halter bodice made out of lace, completing it with a flounced organza skirt. The white gown presses the girl’s curves elegantly, making her look hot yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter