Surprise Me!

Married to Koo Junhoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

You're lying down on the couch, reading a book, enjoying a bottle of cold juice in the middle of the day when your phone suddenly rings. You get up to pick it up from the coffee table. It's Junhoe, calling you out of the blue.

"What's wrong?" you ask. "Why are you calling?"

Junhoe sighs. "Why aren't you happy your husband calls you?" You are happy, but it doesn't happen so often that it makes you wonder when he does so.

You think for a moment. "It's just . . . it's better to talk face to face." Now you feel kinda missing him.

Even though you're not looking, you know he's smiling on the other side. "I want to," he tells you, "But I'm at work."

"Then work fast and go home," you reply. Without you realizing, you start to play with your hair, twirling it around. And then you realize how much you're like a teenager in a phone call with the guy she's seeing.

"What do you want me to bring you?"

"Hm . . . let me think." But there isn't anything specific in mind which you really want at the moment so you reply, "Surprise me."

"Alrite," he chuckles, "I'll see you soon." Just before you hang up, he adds, "I love you."

"I love you, too, oppa." You know he really likes it when you call him that.

-

At exactly 7 in the evening, when you're about to prepare dinner, the bell chimes. You know straight away it's your husband.

A big smile forms on your face when you see Junhoe standing be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter