Death

Married to Koo Junhoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

While making dinner that evening, you receive a call from home. Not your home, but your husband's home. It's Yejin, Junhoe's elder sister. You wonder why she calls; Mother-in-law's sobbing can be heard in the background.

"Father passed away," Yejin informs.

You clasp your hand to your mouth, shocked. "When? How?"

"An hour ago," she answers. "Due to his pancreatic cancer."

Still not able to cope with the news, you breathe in and out to calm yourself down. And then you sit on the couch in the living room.

"Did unni tell Junhoe already?"

"I can't, yet." A sigh escapes . "He should still be at work." Straight away after a pause, she finishes with, "That's why I'm gonna ask you to relay this to him."

"Ah . . . ." You purse your lips, not sure about this. He's got to know, nonetheless. It's about his own father.

As if on cue, you hear the sound of the keypads being pressed and the door unlocked. "I'm home~" Junhoe calls out.

"He's back," you say into the phone. "I'll call you again later, unni. Bye." And you hung up.

Junhoe smiles at you and you offer a smile back. "Who's that?" he wonders as he takes his shoes off and then enters.

"Yejin-unni." When he hears his sister's name as the answer, he starts to become suspicious. It's not usual for her to call.

Moreover, your expression and tone of voice are giving it away, he senses something is up.

He raises an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter