Chapter Seven (Ramen)

Soulmates
  "Come on Moonsoo, before you are late!" Myungsoo yelled as he put on his shoes, standing up. He heard grumbling as his disheveled looking brother appeared. He watched as his brother put on his shoes lifelessly before opening the door. And he stared, because right outside was Sungjong. 
  "Sungjong?" Myungsoo asked, breaking into a smile as he looked over Moonsoo's shoulder. He watched as Sungjong looked at them, nodding before Seonkyu came into view, a bright smile on his face. 
  "Hyung!" Seonkyu said excitedly as he hugged Moonsoo, causing him to blush. Seonkyu snugged his head into Moonsoo chest, smiling. 
  "Hyung do you want to walk to school today?" Seonkyu asked, showing his puppy eyes to Moonsoo. Moonsoo looked away and blushed even more, nodding his head. Seonkyu squealed and dragged Moonsoo away, waving to Sungjong and Myungsoo as they rounded a corner. 
  Sungjong and Myungsoo stood in awkward silence, and Sungjong tried to walk away, only to be stopped by Myungsoo. 
  "U-um, do you want to go to school together? We are early so we could get breakfast before that. I know this really great Ramen place." Myungsoo stammered out quickly, rocking on his feet. He saw Sungjong's expression and knew he wasn't going to have a nice breakfast with Sungjong, when suddenly a loud growl echoed in the hallway. 
  Myungsoo had to stop himself from cooing as Sungjog blushed and looked away, nodding. They both walked in silence, and Myungsoo led the way to a rundown area and into an even more rundown looking store. 
  "I'm surprised you would come to such a place," he heard Sungjong murmur. Frowning, he sat opposite Sungjong and motioned for the waitress. 
  "Why would you say that?" He asked as the waitress placed two menus on the table and left. Sungjong hummed, picking up the menu and flipping through it. 
  "Your status and this place don't particularly match." Sungjong said, stopping at a page, "Rich kid." He murmured again. Myungsoo but his bottom lip. 
  He realised that Sungjong, his soulmate, must hate people of rich status. Of his, status. Myungsoo cleared his throat, calling for the waitress and ordering their food. 
  "So, why do you not want a soulmate? Won't you even give us a try?" Myungsoo asked the moment the waitress left. Sungjong looked up, before looking away somewhat uncomfortably. He shifted in his seat, leaning back. 
  Sungjong thought back to the conversation he had with Seonkyu, and he sighed. 
  "Soulmates destroy you. They make you vile. They enter your life, make you think you are special before they leave you alone and crying on the floor." Sungjong said, finger picking at the edge of his chair. Myungsoo's eyes widened, leaning forward because what was Sungjong saying?
  "W-what do you mean? I would never leave you." Myungsoo stressed, reaching both hands to wrap around Sungjong's hand that was on the table. Sungjong stared at their touching hands, feeling the warmth of Myungsoo's hands. He slowly let his fingers trace Myungsoo's palm. 
  "You can't guarantee that." Sungjong said, lips pulling back into a sad smile. Myungsoo's heart broke at the sight. It was the first time Sungjong had smiled, yet why did he look so broken, so burdened? What had happened to him? Myungsoo grasped Sungjong's hand tighter, stopping Sungjong. 
  "I've been waiting for you since I was ten. I wouldn't leave you, ever. You are who I've been waiting to meet since my bracelet lit up." Myungsoo said, eyes staring deep into Sungjong's. 
  Sungjong was breathless. The feel of Myungsoo's hands, his beautiful eyes that seemed to be staring into his soul. All he wanted to do at that point was give up and surrender himself to Myungsoo. But how could he when he knew the danger?
  Their moment was broken when the waitress came back to serve their food, detaching their hands and eating their food. Myungsoo stared at Sungjong as he gobbled down the bowl of Ramen, chuckling. 
  "You really do like Ramen, don't you?" Myungsoo asked as Sungjong drank finish all the soup. Sungjong looked up, placing the bowl down. 
  "This is my first time having it. Never had the money to buy it before." Sungjong said, and Myungsoo was shocked, because how could someone not have eaten Ramen before? Myungsoo looked at the bowl of noodles it his hands, suddenly feeling a lot more thankful for the wonderful taste. 
 
  They entered class together, gathering the attention of Myungsoo's friends. He shot them all a pointed look to keep quiet as they took their seats. Myungsoo watched as from his bag, Sungjong took out a book. Myungsoo leaned closer, eyes sparkling like a little child. 
  "The Little Prince, I've always wanted to read that book!" He said, startling Sungjong. Sungjong turned towards him, before looking back down at his book. 
  "It's my favourite. It's really meaningful." Sungjong said, letting his hands caress the book. Myungsoo tilted his head, moving it closer to the book. 
  "What is it about?" Myungsoo asked, and Sungjong had to stop his breath from hitching at the close proximity. He took a deep breath just as the teacher entered the class. 
  "How about we have lunch together. I will read it to you." Sungjong said, surprising both himself and Myungsoo. Sungjong pretended not to notice the eating grin on Myungsoo's face as he tried to listen in class. 
 
  "Hey Seonkyu, what are you doing?" Moonsoo asked as Seonkyu flipped through medical websites in the school library, a frown on his face. 
  "Looking for something AHAH! Xanax, medicine used to stop... Panic attacks." Seonkyu trailed off, leaning against his seat, fingers opening a new tab and typing in 'Panic Attacks'. Moonsoo stared at the screen and frowned. 
  "Are you having panic attacks?" Moonsoo asked. Seonkyu shook his head, switching off the computer. 
  "It's my brother. He had two yesterday. One near fire and the other when I asked him why he didn't want a soulmate." Seonkyu replied, stretching. Moonsoo's jaw dropped at this. 
  "Why would Sungjong not want my brother? My brother is awesome!" Moonsoo said proudly, shocked. Seonkyu shrugged, looking at Moonsoo. 
  "He said that having a soulmate destroys a person. I wonder what he meant by that." Seonkyu murmured. Moonsoo smiled and patted Seonkyu on the head. 
  "Don't worry, I'm sure Sungjong will accept my brother soon." Moonsoo said. Seonkyu let a blush creep into his face, nodding. 
 
A/N: Here's the next chapter! I dropped some hints so I'm wondering if you guys picked it up^^. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and please tell me what you think!