Chapter 30 (A Brush and Opening Up)

Soulmates

  They ended up skipping the second half of the school day, just sitting on that roof and talking. Honestly, Sungjong had been reluctant on skipping classes. One look, however, at Myungsoo's swollen eyes had him staying where he was, fingers continuously playing with the hem of Myungsoo's shirt. 
  They talked about many things. Their favourite subject in school, their favourite food, favourite actress. When Sungjong heard Myungsoo's take on that last one though, he was so jealous that he blurted out that he found himself more attractive than Krystal would ever be. 
  It had him blushing once he realised what he had said, hands coming up to cup his cheeks while Myungsoo laughed, silently agreeing inside because Sungjong really was a beauty. 
  "Hey, did you ever think about what you wanted to be once you went out into the real world?" Myungsoo asked him, content with the light atmosphere that surrounded them. 
  This, this was what he had dreamed of. Talking with his soulmate, laughing, just being together. Although he had imagined there to be a lot of kissing and touching, this wasn't so bad considering that Sungjong didn't want him at all at the start. 
  Sungjong hummed, tilting his head. 
  "If I remember correctly... I wanted to be a baker, one that specialised in lemon pastries since I kind of... Really like them." Sungjong murmured, blushing. Myungsoo had to stop himself from cooing at how cute Sungjong was. 
  "You can bake?" He asked excitedly, and Sungjong nodded his head slowly. 
  "Bake for me next time, okay? In exchange for the ice cream." Myungsoo insisted, and Sungjong just nodded, before refuting the question. 
  "Well, I always wanted to continue the ice cream shop with my soulmate which would mean you!" Myungsoo teased, loving the way Sungjong's ears turned slightly red. 
  "Hey Myungsoo..." Sungjong started, before trailing off, unsure how to start. 
  "Yeah?" Myungsoo prompted. 
  "In the future, let's open our own café together, where you make the ice cream and I bake stuff. Okay?" He asked hesitantly, as if afraid that Myungsoo wouldn't like the idea. But it was Myungsoo, so of course he liked the idea. 
  "And then we can make our brothers our slaves!" Myungsoo yelled, a fist in the air.  
  Sungjong cracked a smile, before trying to hide it. But it didn't go unnoticed by Myungsoo, and the warm feeling that bubbled in his chest had him smiling like a fool. 

  When Moonsoo and Seonkyu heard about their plan to make ice cream, they insisted on following them to buy the ingredients. 
  That is how all four of them found themselves in the supermarket, Sungjong wheeling the trolley as they walked. 
  When Sungjong saw the lemons, he made to grab it, only to stop in shock when his finger brushed against Myungsoo's. 
  While Sungjong wore a look of shock, Myungsoo wore one of horrid. He quickly moved away, face quickly losing its colour. 
  "I-I'm so sorry, I didn't- I'm so sorry-" 
  As Myungsoo continued to apologise, Sungjong looked at him blankly, causing him to stop. 
  "Sungjong?" Myungsoo asked tentatively. What he didn't expect was for Sungjong to walk forward, interlocking their pinkies and bringing it up. Myungsoo felt the tremor that went through Sungjong's body and tried to pull away, only to be stopped by Sungjong's tight grip. 
  "I- I p-promise you that I will g-get better. P-please never give up on me." Sungjong said quickly, seeming on the verge of hyperventilating. Myungsoo melted at these words, slowly wiggling his pinky out. 
  "I won't, I promise you. For now, I need you to breathe. Look at me and breathe, can you do that?" He asked softly. When Sungjong opened his eyes, Myungsoo saw everything. The fear, the insecurity, the desperation to get better. 
  Slowly, Sungjong's breathing evened out, until he was able to let go of the trolley he didn't know he was gripping so tightly. 
  They stood in silence, before Sungjong cleared his throat, reaching out to grab a few lemons before walking away. 

  The joy of making ice cream together, and the joy of eating it together was just... Joyful. 
  Moonsoo and Seonkyu - not being ones to miss out on the fun - zest the lemons whilst flirting with each other. 
  Myungsoo and Sungjong on the other hand, worked in a quiet yet comfortable atmosphere, the silence only being broken when Sungjong was unsure of what to do. 
  It made Myungsoo feel like he was flying. This recipe was something that he thought very little people would enjoy. Yet here he was, making it together with his Soulmate that loved it. 
  He placed it in the freezer, letting out a puff of air. 
  "Finished!" Myungsoo exclaimed, Moonsoo and Seonkyu clapping and cheering. Sungjong just nodded his head, stretching his arms and yawning. 
  "Are you tired?" Myungsoo asked as he handed Sungjong a cup of milk, the latter accepting it gratefully. 
  "Yup. My whole body feels sore now." Sungjong complained, stretching his neck. Before Myungsoo could answer though, Seonkyu came bounding back into the kitchen. 
  "Hey, what's for dinner?" Seonkyu asked, patting his tummy. Sungjong tilted his head. 
  "Won't Mom and Dad be back tonight?" Sungjong asked, the terms sounding foreign on his tongue. The look Seonkyu gave him already gave away the answer. 
  "They flew back in the afternoon." Seonkyu murmured, staring at the floor dejectedly. Sungjong pursed his lips and used his cup to knock Seonkyu's head gently. 
  "How about we eat chicken again? We can order three boxes this time while I make rice." Sungjong suggested, the underlying meaning not going unnoticed. 
  "So we are allowed to stay for dinner?" Moonsoo asked excitedly from the living room. Sungjong shrugged. 
  "Only if your big brother doesn't mind!" He yelled back, sending a teasing look to Myungsoo before walking to place the cup in the sink. 
  Back facing the other boys, he failed to see the fist that Myungsoo punched into the air, nor the knowing looks both younger brothers shared. 
  Sungjong was opening up, even if just a little bit. 

A/N: So... I updated yesterday. SO YAY ANOTHER UPDATE!!!!! And awwwww, Sungjongie is trying >< Was there enough fluff? Was there enough angst? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!

(Thank you to all those who commented I love you guys)

[I should really start replying to comments but I'm so lazy]