Chapter 23 (Waking up)

Soulmates

  Myungsoo groaned, shifting uncomfortable on the floor- floor?
  Myungsoo's eyes snapped open and he looked around him, not understanding why he was in Sungjong's house, of all places. He closed his eyes and sat up, holding his head while he tried to remember what happened. 
  He had met up with Howon to discuss how to call off the engagement, and he had come to Sungjong's house to tell him the truth and-
  And then it hit Myungsoo. Howon. That bastard. Whipping out his phone, he called Howon, throwing the phone across the room in anger when it went straight to voicemail. 
  He clenched his fist, willing himself to calm down. He had to be calm. Sungjong was kidnapped, telling his parents wouldn't help, and that left him with...
  His uncle. The one who was supposed to kill Sungjong if Myungsoo had refused to get engaged with Howon. Myungsoo stood in the living room for a little longer, debating hard before he walked towards his phone and dialled his uncle's phone. 
  It was the only choice he had. 

  "So what makes you think that if I agreed to kill him, I would save him?" His uncle asked as Myungsoo sat in front of him, body guards surrounding them. Myungsoo scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, sighing. 
  "Well, we used to be close when I was younger so I thought that maybe... You would have a soft spot for me or something." Myungsoo admitted, playing with his fingers. He heard a sigh, and looked up at his uncle. 
  "Myungsoo, of course I have a soft spot for you but I can't disobey your parents, they are the reasons I even have connections in the first place." His uncle told him, taking off his glasses. "They told me that you would come to me when Howon did his part, and that I was not to interfere." Myungsoo spluttered. 
  "My parents planned this?!" He exclaimed. His uncle nodded solemnly, looking at the distressed boy. 
  "B-but now that you have connections you can betray them! You've used them already!" Myungsoo exclaimed, even more determined to convince his uncle. 
  It honestly didn't sit right with him, how it felt like he was betraying his parents. But now, his whole soul screamed for Sungjong. It screamed to be with the younger boy, to apologise and to love him. 
  "Myungsoo, I can't, your mother is my-"
  "And Sungjong is my soulmate!" Myungsoo yelled, banging his fist onto the table. From the corner of his eye, he saw the bodyguards reach for their guns, but relaxed when his uncle waved them off. Myungsoo took a deep breath, his uncle's full attention on him. 
  "Sungjong is my soulmate. Just like how Gongchan is your's." Myungsoo said, so softly it almost came out as a whisper. Myungsoo saw the way his uncle's eyes shifted slightly to the guy that had been silently watching from the corner, sending him a small smile. 
  "And what, if he is?" His uncle asked, and Myungsoo knew this was his chance. 
  "I'm imagining Sungjong going through unbearable pain and suffering while I am not there for him. Now imagine Gongchan in the same position, imagine you in my position. Would you save Gongchan? Will you help me save Sungjong?" Myungsoo asked, voice breaking as he thought about what could be happening to Sungjong at that moment. 
  When he saw his uncle nod his head, he let a smile break out on his face. 
  "Glad to know you're still a nice person, Uncle Jinyoung." 

--------------------
  Sungjong groaned. His head hurt and his body felt sluggish. He tried to move his hand to his face, a move he did whenever he woke up, only to find that when he did, both hands moved. 
  Confused, he opened his eyes slowly, both widening as he caught sight of the handcuffs around his wrists. He snapped his head to look at his feet, not believing when he saw that they were tied together with a rope. Panic rose in him when he remembered what happened, realised just how much danger he was in. 
  He forced himself up, grabbing his legs and forcing them closer to himself, body feeling heavy. He tugged at the rope with all his strength, only to find that it was tied extremely well. 
  He continued, distressed about the whole situation. He froze when he heard footsteps. He held his breath as they came nearer, and nearer, until Sungjong could feel a presence behind him. 
  "What are you doing, Jongie?"
  It was Howon. 

A/N: Hi! Here's a little cliffhanger for you guys! Next chapter will hopefully be up soon. Please let me know if you liked this chapter and also if you are looking forward to the next! (The more comments I get the faster I will get it done ><)