Chapter Eleven (Progress)

Soulmates

  Seonkyu had chased Myungsoo out soon after, saying something about how Myungsoo wasn’t allowed into a woman’s room at such a late hour, at which Sungjong had hit him on the head for. Seonkyu had whined, mumbling something about how he didn’t want his big brother to be taken advantage of.

 

  Sungjong found this amusing, and watched as Seonkyu chased Myungsoo out of the house with a broomstick.

 

  “You didn’t have to do that. I am older than you, in case you forgot.” Sungjong said when the door shut close, though not before Myungsoo sent a wink his way, making him blush. Seonkyu huffed, settling down in Sungjong’s bed, hugging him.

 

  “Why are you complaining? Don’t you dislike him or something?” Seonkyu asked as he rubbed his cheek tiredly against Sungjong’s chest. Sungjong sighed, bringing his hand up to pull at Seonkyu’s hair lightly. How was he to explain, how could he? That in a moment of feverish foolishness, he had told Myungsoo everything, and had also accepted to let Myungsoo court him? Sungjong pushed Seonkyu away lightly.

 

  “You can’t be so near me, I’m still having a fever!” Sungjong said, gesturing for Seonkyu to move away. Seonkyu’s eyes narrowed as he got off the bed to the seat Myungsoo was seating on previously, mouth forming a knowing smirk.

 

  “So, Hyung. I think you have some explaining to do.” Seonkyu egged, leaning forward on his elbows. Sungjong side eyed him, amazed at how analytical he was. Sungjong lifted his blanket over his head, bashing a little at the memory of what had happened. He fell a finger poking his shoulder through the blanket.

 

  “Come on Hyung, tell your amazing little brother who will not be fooled or distracted by whatever distractions you throw at him.” Seonkyu cooed, laughing. Sungjong pinched the side of his lips together, groaning before he emerged. He stared down at the bed sheet, fingers playing with it.

 

 “I-I gave Myungsoo permission to… woo me not as a Soulmate.” Sungjong whispered, still blushing. There was a moment of silence before Seonkyu started squealing, making Sungjong look up in surprise.

 

  “Hyung, that is so cute!” Seonkyu said, basically jumping in his seat as he imagined the exchange. He stopped soon after when he remembered the words Sungjong had said to him before. He tilted his head.

 

  “But Hyung, didn’t you say that Soulmates destroy you,” He asked, “so why the change of mind?” Sungjong looked down, biting his cheek as he desperately fought back a smile like he was taught to.

 

  “I don’t think it’s a change of mind… I think he managed to change my heart.”

 

  The next day, Sungjong didn’t know what t expect from Myungsoo. But he certainly had not been expecting a bouquet of red roses to be held to his face the moment he walked through the door. He blinked, tilting his head sideways a little to look behind the bouquet, to come face to face with a grinning Myungsoo. Rolling his eyes despite the butterflies fluttering in his stomach, he accepted the roses graciously.

 

  “Hyung, he’s a keeper.” Seonkyu said, but went quiet when Moonsoo held out a smaller bouquet of white roses to him.

 

  “I would’ve gotten you red roses and a bigger bouquet, but Myungsoo complained that mine couldn’t be better than his.” Moonsoo said when Seonkyu took the bouquet shyly. Sungjong smirked inwardly, bending down.

 

  “Seonkyu, he’s a keeper.” Sungjong whispered, causing Seonkyu to blush and hit his shoulder. Sungjong shrugged and straightened his back, glancing at Myungsoo before quickly looking away. Myungsoo was looking at him with eyes filled with such love and emotion, it made him feel so… Happy. The side of Sungjong’s lip twitched a little, before he in his cheek. Sungjong knew that Myungsoo probably knew why he bit his cheek after the story, and was proven right when the look on Myungsoo’s face brightened even more. Myungsoo extended his hand dramatically.

 

  “Shall we go, because it looks like Moonsoo and Seonkyu are already fear ahead of us. And just so you know, Moonsoo could get impatient and kiss Seonkyu so-“ Myungsoo cut himself off with a laugh as Sungjong grabbed his hand and roughly pulled him so that they were walking right behind their younger brothers. Yet, Myungsoo didn’t miss the way Sungjong held the bouquet of roses to his chest gently, as if it were something precious.

 

 Myungsoo wasn’t all that surprised when he entered the classroom with Sungjong’s fingers intertwined with his and his friends’ jaws had all dropped. Sungjong had tried to shyly tug his hand out, but Myungsoo gripped his hand tighter, and they made their way to the seats. Myungsoo watched as his friends passed a piece of paper between themselves, until Sungyeol rolled it into a ball and threw it onto his table.

 

  Sunggyu: What even, you told us he didn’t want a soulmate!

  Woohyun: Is he a good kisser?

  Hoya: Please tell me you haven’t tainted the poor kid.

  Dongwoo: ^ yeah, he doesn’t deserve that!

  Onew: Great job

  Sungyeol: You motherer. We had a group project discussion last night and I ended up doing all you work! You guys had better ed if you want me to forgive you.

 

  Myungsoo laughed, shaking his head. After all, they were his friends. And they have never been any less deserving of being put in a mental hospital than now.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the shorter than normal chapter, but I hope that the sort of fluff made up for it! Please let me know what you think of the chapter and I hope that you have enjoyed it!