Chapter 14 (Lee Howon)

Soulmates

  "Hyung, are you okay?" Seonkyu asked as they walked home. Sungjong had kept silent the whole time, seeming to be in a daze. At Seonkyu's voice, he seemed to snap out of it and look towards his younger brother. Seonkyu almost flinched as he looked into his older brother's eyes. They were so blank, so dead, just so full of sadness. 
  "Yeah. Totally fine." He answered curtly, causing Seonkyu to bite his bottom lip. He knew why Sungjong was acting the way he was, Moonsoo had told him everything. About how 'bloody unfair' his parents were being and about how the guilt was ripping him up from the inside out. 
  They were finally home, and Sungjong had instantly headed straight for his room, slamming the door behind him with a loud bang. Seonkyu stared at it sadly, before slowly walking towards the door and knocking on it. 
  "Hyung?" He called, but received no response besides muffled cries. Seonkyu clenched his eyes tightly as he opened the door, to see Sungjong curled up on his own bed. It broke Seonkyu's heart. The first time his brother shows emotions, and it's something as devastating as this. He walked towards his elder brother, jumping onto his bed and just hugging him. Sungjong gripped tightly into him, cries no longer muffled as he screamed, tears flowing down his face. Seonkyu clenched his fist, while his other hand ran a hand up and down Sungjong's back. 
  He really hated Myungsoo's parents. 
-
  "What do you mean my fiancé will be coming to my school?!" Myungsoo asked, enraged. His mother merely hummed, taking a sip of her rich English tea like some posh lady wannabe. Moonsoo sat beside Myungsoo, eyes widening in worry. Their mother placed the cup onto the table gently -too gently- as she giggled. 
  "My Myungsoo. Looks like we sent you to one of the best schools for no reason. What I mean is that your fiancé will start attending your school together with you tomorrow. I have made it so he has all his lessons with you and will trust you make the necessary arrangements for both of you to be sat next to each other, to get to know each other more." Her mother said, checking her nails. Myungsoo growled, slamming his fist against the table as he stood up. He was about to close his room door close when his mother's voice stopped him. 
  "Oh, and do make sure you make it painfully obvious to your soulmate that you guys are over. Though I don't think that will take much. That boy was crying his lungs out earlier." She said, adding a chuckle. Myungsoo clenched the doorknob hard, before slamming it shut. 
-
  Sungjong made sure to leave extra early the next day. He didn't want to risk running into Myungsoo again. He paste a sticky note on the door, at Seonkyu's eye level, apologising for not being able to go to school with him. Anyway, it's not like going to school early was bad for him. It would be quiet, and he would be allowed to properly think. 
  He reached school about an hour before I actually starts, leaving the school all to him. He slumped in his seat, staring blankly out the window. 
  He was so confused. He felt so... So used! He was so sick of feeling hurt all the time, so sick of being betrayed like so. 
  He closed his eyes, breathing deeply as images flashed before his eyes. On normal days he would push them all away, but he just really, couldn't care less at the moment. 
  He recalled the days when his mother and father used to smile at each other happily, kissing each other in the kitchen, and him just excited for that to actually happen to him. For him to get a soulmate. And then, the image of his mother, broken and crying after their father left them had tears forming behind his own. 
  It had made him hate his father so much. That he, his mother's soulmate, could destroy her so. And what was even worst was how much she had changed. How the lovely image of his mother had disappeared with the groans of men and the slaps that seemed directed to his heart. 
  But maybe, just maybe, that hadn't been the worst. The worst, even Myungsoo didn't know. It was what he faced in school after news spread of his broken family. His mother's ty attitude. Nothing was the same in school after that. 
  Sungjong opened his eyes slowly as he heard the door open, only for his blood to freeze and his heartbeat to quicken. There, holding hands with each other was Myungsoo, and Lee Howon. 
  The same Lee Howon that caused the scars on his arms. 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it and do let me know what you think of it!