Chapter 29 (Don't force yourself)

Soulmates

  Sitting next to Myungsoo in class again was... Nerve wrecking. It was as if Sungjong's senses were tuned in on Myungsoo and Myungsoo alone. 
  He was aware of every breath the older took, the way his hand moved as he wrote and the way he would drum his fingers on the table when the teachers were becoming too boring. 
  So naturally, he was very aware when Myungsoo leaned sideways, head tilted towards him. 
  "You wanna have lunch later? Somewhere, just the two of us." He asked, voice barely above a whisper as he stared at Sungjong with hopeful eyes. Sungjong blinked, flushing as he nodded his head, furiously shooing Myungsoo away. 
  The bright smile that plastered itself on the older's face wouldn't be missed by anyone in the world. 

  The rooftop. As cliché as it was, they were having their lunch alone on the rooftop, backs against the wall as their thighs were right next to each other. They weren't touching, so it has Sungjong thinking that the fast beating of his heart was due to another emotion than fear. 
  It was silent between them. None dared utter a word as both chewed on their food. Sungjong fidgeted a little, sighing. 
  "S-so what's happening with your parents?" Sungjong voiced out, and Myungsoo glanced at him. 
  "Well for one, Howon wasn't the most resisting person on Earth and immediately told the police about them. Then, they were arrested and my brother and I were sent to our Uncle's place which was huge considering he's the Mafia. And then my parents being the big shots they were, got out on bail. They kind of stormed to my Uncle's house and screamed at us. My father even punched me," Myungsoo paused now, turning slightly towards Sungjong and lifting up his shirt. 
  Now, you have to understand that Myungsoo had a very defined and toned stomach, and if it weren't for the huge bruise, Sungjong wouldn't have been able to keep his eyes off it. Sungjong let himself stare for awhile, taking in with his eyes what he dared not touch and sooth. And then it was gone, Myungsoo leaning back against the wall. 
  "My father said some really nasty things to me, about how I was a disappointment and that if they had known that I would come out the way I did, they would've left me at an orphanage." Myungsoo trailed off now, staring out into the distance in a way that struck something in Sungjong. 
  "But it's all over now. My uncle threatened my parents and they left without another word. Then after that my brother, uncle and I just sat at his table eating fries." Myungsoo finished, voice taking a cheerful tone. 
  A painfully fake one. And Sungjong would know, considering the times he gave them before he gave up on smiling all together, even when he wanted to produce genuine ones. 
  "You don't have to force yourself," Sungjong told him, shoving macaroni into his mouth. (A/N: I'm hungry now, Haizzzzz) 
  "What?" Myungsoo asked, voice chocked. Sungjong sighed, turning to the older. 
  "You don't have to act happy when you aren't. I've had my fair share of being told I'm a disappointment and the pain never decreased, I just grew numb to it. And since it was probably your first time it must hurt a lot, especially since the parents you knew were so kind and caring." Sungjong said, staring into Myungsoo's eyes. The latter broke eye contact, looking down at his food, the lunchbox in his hand shaking. 
  "I- I'm not sad. They hurt you, I won't feel sad for them." Myungsoo forces out, voice breaking from the emotions he was holding in. Sungjong sighed in exasperation.  
  "I already told you, you don't have to force yourself. Your parents are still your parents and they are going to be locked up in jail and I know it hurts you. No matter the bad stuff they've done to you, the things they've said to you, you still feel guilty that they will be in that cel because of you. And as I said before, to have your parents call you a disappointment isn't something to be moderately okay with. I know, Myungsoo. I've been through what you've had, too." Sungjong said, and Myungsoo's heart clenched as he remembered what Sungjong told him. 
  The abuse from his mother, him calling the police to send his mother home. And there was the empty pages of what happened between him and Howon, but that can wait for another day. 
  The first sniffle had Sungjong turning to look at Myungsoo, who was crying into his hand. Sungjong felt a bitter feeling well up in him at his inability to comfort Myungsoo, to hug him and tell him that everything will be alright. 
  So instead, he played with the edge of Myungsoo's shirt, tugging it hard enough for Myungsoo to feel it. 
  And when the older did, all he did was cry harder, thankful that Sungjong was trying to comfort him, and just confused about whether he should feel happy because of it or sad because of his parents.  
  They spent their time like this, not getting up even when the bell rang. 

A/N: I know I promised fluff, but I was salty over only getting one comment the last chapter (Yes me a salty person) (Bless you the one that commented) SO HERES SOME ANGST FOR YOU ALL. 
Let me know what you think of this chapter! 
(I updated quickly, right?:D)