Chapter Three (Ice Cream)

Soulmates
  Sungjong had just finished his last class for the day. Leaning back against his seat, he stretched his arms, yawning. He hadn't been able to sleep well last night as the bed was too... Comfortable. Not really what he was used to. He grabbed his bag and stood up, only to stop when he felt his phone buzz. 
  It had been something Seonkyu had given him in the morning, saying that 'Mother' and 'Father' wanted him to have it. Seonkyu had to spend a whole hour teaching him how to use it. 
  Sungjong took out the phone and swiped the green button, bringing it up to his ear. 
  "Hello, the is Sungjong speaking." He said. 
  "Hyung, this is Seonkyu! I was wondering if you could pick me up from school. It's kind of lonely going back alone," Seonkyu said. Sungjong blinked and looked at the caller ID, seeing the name 'Sungjong's precious little brother' on it. Scoffing slightly, he brought the phone back to his ear. 
  "Sure, I don't mind. Where is your school?" He asked. Turns out, Sungjong's school and his brother's were of the same family, so his school was pretty much just in another part of the building than Sungjong's. 
  Sungjong trudged the way there, only to realise that a certain... Somebody was walking the same path as him. He turned to glance at Myungsoo, who was staring at him before looking away. 
  "Where are you going?" Myungsoo asked, fastening his steps to catch up with Sungjong. Sungjong huffed his cheeks, because the last thing he wanted to do was to get flustered talking with... Him. 
  "I'm going to pick my younger brother up," he told Myungsoo, who's interest peaked at this. 
  "Really? I am, too! My brother is 15 this year, how about your's?" He asked, excited to have something to talk about. Sungjong tilted his head a little. 
  "I think he told me he was 13," Sungjong mumbled, causing Myungsoo to frown. 
  "He's your brother, don't you know his age?" Myungsoo asked disbelievingly. Sungjong bit his cheek a little, a habit he had started doing when he wanted to stop himself from smiling. 
  "Yeah, but I just met him yesterday. My stepbrother," Sungjong lied, because why would he tell a stranger -albeit this stranger was his soulmate-  about his problems? It's really not as if anybody would care. Myungsoo nodded in understanding. The atmosphere grew awkward as both remained silent, and Sungjong clenched his fist as he wondered how long more of this he had to endure. 
  Apparently, it wasn't much as the school came into view. Sungjong took out his phone and dialled Seonkyu. 
  "I'm outside already. Are you done yet?" He asked. 
  "I'm helping my teacher with something. Will take around 15 minutes. Can you wait for me?" Seonkyu asked. Sungjong squinted up at the sky, because it was so hot. But he really did want to go home with Seonkyu. He was kind of... Looking forward to it; to spending some time with Seonkyu. 
  "Sure, I can wait." Sungjong said. Seonkyu cheered and thanked him, hanging up. Sungjong looked at his phone before looking up, watching as Myungsoo waved to a boy. 
 
  "Hyung, who is he?" Myungsoo's brother asked as he walked towards Myungsoo. Myungsoo looked towards Sungjong with a soft smile on his face. 
  "That's Sungjong, my... Friend," Myungsoo said. Moonsoo's mouth formed an 'o' shape and he bowed towards Sungjong. 
  "Hello, my name is Kim Moonsoo, please look after me!" He said. Sungjong bowed to him as well, and Myungsoo's mouth dropped open when he saw that Sungjong was bowing even lower than Moonsoo was. 
  "S-Sungjong-sshi you don't have to do that!" Moonsoo squeaked out, looking at Myungsoo for help. Myungsoo shrugged helplessly as Sungjong straightened himself again. 
  "I'm sorry. It's a habit," Sungjong said, looking at his phone as it dinged. Myungsoo looked at his watch, eyes widening at the time. 
  "Hey Moonsoo we have to go now if we want to make it on time to get dressed well enough for the party. Sungjong... See you tomorrow?" He asked uncertainly. Sungjong looked him up and down with emotionless eyes, before nodding wordlessly. Despite the coldness, Myungsoo couldn't help the small smile that formed into his face as he waved to Sungjong and rushed to catch up with Moonsoo. 
 
  Sungjong watched them go, and he couldn't figure out what this feeling was. This indescribable emptiness in his soul. It was like as Myungsoo walked away, he took a part of Sungjong with him. 
  He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard somebody call his name. Turning around, he saw Seonkyu running towards him, a bright smile on his face. 
  "Hi Hyung!" Seonkyu said breathlessly, stopping right infront of Sungjong. Sungjong tried for a smile, but as always, it turned into a grimace. 
  "So, do you want to go home straight or get some ice cream?" Sungjong asked without thinking. He watched as Seonkyu's eyes widened and sparkled. 
  "Ice cream, really?! Of course I want to!" Seonkyu said quickly, and Sungjong bit his cheek again because Seonkyu was just too cute. Sungjong nodded his head, before a thought struck him. 
  "Oh, but I don't have money," Sungjong said embarrassedly, looking at the floor. He heard Seonkyu laugh and looked up, to see him holding up his wallet. 
  "Our parents own a multi billionaire business. The one thing we have is money," Seonkyu said. Sungjong scoffed and shook his head in amusement because it totally slipped his mind that he was... Rich. 
  "So, where is the best place for ice cream?" Sungjong asked as he followed Seonkyu. Seonkyu turned towards Sungjong and Sungjong could not believe that anyone could look so excited. 
  "Kimsfinite, of course! They are actually owned by our neighbours and I always get discounts! I'm sure they will allow you to get some too!" Seonkyu said. Sungjong hummed at the thought. Cheap ice cream sounded like a good idea. 
  Seonkyu led him to a huge shop, that was abnormally crowded. 
  "That's weird. It's so crowded today. Wonder what going on?" Seonkyu said as they squeezed their way through the he crowd, stopping infront of the counter, panting. 
  "Hey Taemin-Hyung, what's happening today?" He asked the person behind the counter. Taemin looked up and laughed. 
  "It's Kimsfinite's anniversary, so there's a party and all ice cream is free! Most of our female customers are here today because the two sons will be coming today," Taemin said. Seonkyu frowned. 
  "You mean their younger son? The one that despite me being their neighbour for 13 years, I've never said so much then a few 'Hellos' to him? He's coming? Like finally, my parents have been forcing me to talk to him since forever but that dip is always out or something," Seonkyu frowned. Sungjong exhaled quickly. 
  "You mean to tell me that you've never spoken to your neighbour before?" Sungjong asked. Seonkyu pouted. 
  "I've exchanged greeting before! Anyway Taemin, I will have my usual and Sungjong will have whatever he wants." Seonkyu said, and Taemin nodded, preparing Seonkyu's order of Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate and sprinkles, and Sungjong couldn't believe how anybody could eat that much ice cream. Taemin handed the cone to Seonkyu. 
  "Hyung, I'm going to look for that dip so Mom and Dad don't scold me when they come back. Will call you when I'm done!" Seonkyu said, leaving Sungjong alone after passing him some bills. Sungjong bowed to Taemin and ordered a Lemon-flavoured ice cream, something he has never seen before. 
  "Are you Seonkyu's friend?" Taemin asked. Sungjong shook his head. 
  "Brother. It's complicated," Sungjong told him. Taemin cocked an eyebrow but said nothing, and Sungjong took his cone from him. He looked around the store, eye twitching as he realised that the place was so crowded there was no where to go. He covered his ears when he heard a bunch of girls screaming and figured that it was probably the 'sons' he was told about. Sungjong shook his head, and found a small table at the corner of the shop and sat down. He tried to ice cream and bit the inside of his cheek, the taste of the ice cream filling him up. He took another mouthful and another, until a voice made him freeze. 
  "Sungjong?"
 
A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS IM SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER DIDNT REALLY MAKE SENSE. Anyway, hope you guys liked this chapter! Until next time~, let me know what you think of this chapter!