Chapter One (New Family)

Soulmates
  Sungjong sighed as he looked outside the window as familiarity faded away to foreign sights. He didn't know what he was feeling, exactly. Was he feeling happy? Or sad because he was being shipped halfway across the country to a family he only knows the name of? Sungjong played with the hem of his sleeve, biting his lower lip in thought. 
  "You okay back there?" The person next to the driver asked. Sungjong looked up and tried for a smile, though it came out more of a grimace than anything. 
  "Yeah, I'm just fine." Sungjong murmured, another sigh escaping his lips. The driver and the other man exchanged looks, but said nothing. They were only ordered to drive him, not to stress him out. 
  The ride to Seoul was long, and yet Sungjong found his body unwilling to let him sleep. It was as if his eyes wanted to be open, to absorb everything and anything, though his mind was begging for some rest. Entering the city was something Sungjong would never forget. 
  There were more tall rise buildings than back in Gwangju, and there were definitely less trees around as well. Sungjong almost found it sickening. How was he to live without nature when it had provided him comfort all these while? 
  The car stopped outside a tall building, and Sungjong's heart started beating faster as the driver killed the engine, and both got out of the car. The driver opened his side of the door, gesturing him out with a smile. Hesitantly, Sungjong stepped out of the car and looked up at the building. It suddenly struck him that this was it. This was his new home. He was going to live in a fancy, probably very tall apartment that was so different from the one he had lived in in Gwangju. 
  Sungjong fixed the strap onto his shoulders, carrying his bag while pulling his huge luggage behind him. They got into an elevator, and the other man pressed the 30th floor, which made Sungjong's eyes widen slightly. The family must be very rich if they could afford a house that high up. Sungjong but the inside of his cheek as he remembered his mother's words. 
  'Rich people have cold hearts little Sungjongie. Never trust any."
  Gulping, Sungjong heard the elevator ding, and followed the two guys slowly as they made their way to the very end of the corridor. Raising his hand, the driver knocked on the door. Sungjong heard the sound of hurried footsteps and whispers behind the door, before it opened and a woman around mid forties stood by the doorframe. 
  "Oh you guys are here already! Come in, come in! You can pass your suitcase to my husband, dear," the woman said to Sungjong, and he couldn't even protest as the suitcase was taken from him by an equally old looking man. 
  At the woman's gesture, Sungjong slowly sat down on the couch, where opposite him sat an equally awkward looking boy. The boy smiled slightly and waved at him. Sungjong pursed his lips and nodded, bringing his hand up slightly to wave back. The boy furrowed his eyes, and looked up when his mother started talking. 
  "We are so glad that you are finally here, Sungjong! We are the Lee family, so you won't have to change your surname at all!" The woman said, giggling a little at the end of the sentence. Sungjong nodded his head, and looked down at the floor. 
  "Are you alright, sonny?" Mr Lee asked. Sungjong shook his head slightly, still looking at the floor. 
  "We are sorry, he's rather quiet. I presume it's because of what has happened to him," the other guy said, and Sungjong felt nothing short of humiliated at being talked about as if he wasn't there. He heard Mr Lee and Mrs Lee hum. 
  "I see, I didn't think about that. Please excuse me, I am rather slow with these kind of information," Mr Lee said, chuckling heartily. Sungjong's heart started to beat faster at the sound, because when was the last time he had heard a laugh?
 They went through the paper work with the two guys before they left, leaving Sungjong alone with his foster... family. There was an awkward silence that was broken by Mrs Lee clapping her hands together enthusiastically. 
  "So Sungjong, why don't you introduce yourself?" She asked. Nodding her head, Sungjong stood up and bowed.  
  "My name is Lee Sungjong, I am 16 years old. Please look after me." He straightened his back and sat down. 
  "So you are my Hyung? My name is Seonkyu, and I am thirteen years old!" The younger boy introduced, and Sungjong bowed slightly towards him. 
  "Well, now that introductions are done, your room is right beside Seonkyu's. The only rules you have to follow is to make sure you are back home before midnight, okay?" She asked. Before Sungjong could even agree, Mr Lee looked at his watch. 
  "We have to go now. Seonkyu show Sungjong to his room. We will be back in a few days," he said, and both walked out. 
  "Where are they going?" Sungjong asked as he followed Seonkyu. 
  "To work. They are going on a business trip now. This is the first time they are leaving me on my own. I'm kind of glad about it. Normally they would argue a lot about leaving me alone. I guess it's because of you that they can leave." Seonkyu said a little sadly. Sungjong pursed his lips together. He was just an excuse for them to leave their son for business trips. 
  "Although they might be using you, I'm happy that you are here. Even if they don't go on business trips, they are always at the office. With you here, at least I have some company," Seonkyu said. Sungjong blinked, shocked that Seonkyu actually liked him. Seonkyu opened a door, and Sungjong entered his new room, eyes wide. 
  "This is your new room! Of course, if you feel lonely, you can come sleep with me! I get lonely at night too," Seonkyu said, looking down sadly. Sungjong pursed his lips and let his hand rest on top of Seonkyu's head. 
  "Thank you," Sungjong said. Seonkyu's eyes lit up, and he jumped onto Sungjong's bed. Sungjong started to unpack his stuff while Seonkyu watched, and the silence was a little awkward. 
  "So, have you found your soulmate?" Seonkyu asked. Stiffening, Sungjong shook his head. 
  "Oh I see. I haven't either. But my soulmate has gotten their bracelet before me already," Seonkyu said, his bracelet. At this, Sungjong rose. 
  "How does one know if your soulmate is older than you or younger?" Seonkyu stared at him incredulously. 
  "You don't know? If your soulmate is younger, your bracelet would glow when he or she receives it, and a blue glow indicates that it's a guy and a pink glow indicates that it's a girl. If your soulmate is older, there is a line at the back of your bracelet, and the colour it is will indicate their gender as well," Seonkyu said. 
  Turning his bracelet around, Sungjong sighed. His soulmate was older than him, but thank goodness it was a guy. 
 
  "Myungsoo, have you greeted the new neighbour?" Myungsoo's mother asked. Looking up from his homework, Myungsoo frowned. 
  "We have a new neighbour?" He asked. 
  "Not really a new neighbour, but more of our neighbour adopted a new son. Why not go say hello to him?" His father said. Myungsoo sighed, looking down at his homework. He would normally greet new neighbours instantly, but Sungyeol had bailed out last minute on their project, and he was left to cut out templates and shapes all by himself without any help. 
  "Maybe tomorrow," Myungsoo said, picking up his scissors again while groaning. He hated art. 
 
A/N: This story received so many subscribers and upvotes already, thank you so much! Here is the next chapter to thank you all *MUACKS*